Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting mention of Brian Leonard. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Did we ever have a chance with him?
Nate tore his ACL during his Senior year of HS, and Rutgers was the only school that still honored Nate's scholarship. It meant a lot to the Leonard family and that loyalty stuck with Brian. It wasn't an easy decision since he had the hometown Syracuse offer among others like PSU and ND.

The Leonard brothers were also very good basketball players. Tough, hard nosed players.
They were a lot of fun to play with and compete against in hoops (& track). Nate was the better hooper. Brian was an athlete on the court. Both were fast on the track.

Last edited:
They were a lot of fun to play with and compete against in hoops (& track). Nate was the better hooper. Brian was an athlete on the court. Both were fast on the track.
Where did you go to high school?

*Edit - this was a tweet from Thamel that appears to have been deleted, but it was in reference to Tua's little brother seeking an additional year of eligibility for his first season in which he played in 5 games rather than Redshirt.

We should all be keeping an eye on this - if Tua’s little brother is successful I can’t see how McCord couldn’t make the same claim.

I hope he’s successful. The freshman redshirt concept should be based on a participation threshold rather just # of games a player participated in. You literally could have a Frosh QB come in for 1 play in 5 games right now and lose a redshirt while a positional player could play 4 full games and not.

Last edited:
*Edit - this was a tweet from Thamel that appears to have been deleted, but it was in reference to Tua's little brother seeking an additional year of eligibility for his first season in which he played in 5 games rather than Redshirt.

We should all be keeping an eye on this - if Tua’s little brother is successful I can’t see how McCord couldn’t make the same claim.

I hope he’s successful. The freshman redshirt concept should be based on a participation threshold rather just # of games a player participated in. You literally could have a Frosh QB come in for 1 play in 5 games right now and lose a redshirt while a positional player could play 4 full games and not.
I don’t think he wants an extra year. He wants a year of tape and then to try for the NFL.

But it’s not like it happens by accident though.

But but but he he he couldn’t beat Michigan !! He he he is not elite. Marvin made him look good!

Yeahhh okay guy. Sheesh they are up there with the most delusional fan base in the country.

We got a stud, folks
Both things can be true.

McCord is a stud, and Marvin Harrison Jr made him look good.

There is a video upthread which has virtually every pass McCord threw last season. He's a very good quarterback.

Some of his misfires were still caught because Harrison is just that good. His adjustments to the ball are amazing.

That said, maybe McCord throws for a couple hundred fewer yards and a few less touchdowns if he has merely "good" receivers instead of a "great" one?

McCord is going to be the best throwing QB we've had at least since Nassib, and maybe forever.

Both things can be true.

There is a video upthread which has virtually every pass McCord threw last season. He's a very good quarterback.

Some of his misfires were still caught because Harrison is just that good. His adjustments to the ball are amazing.

That said, maybe McCord throws for a couple hundred fewer yards and a few less touchdowns if he has merely "good" receivers instead of a "great" one?

McCord is going to be the best throwing QB we've had at least since Nassib, and maybe forever.
Every great QB usually has a dude in his receiving corps. Can’t agree more it absolutely benefitted McCord. And yea agree on how good he will be.

Both things can be true.

OG begs to differ with merely good.

OG begs to differ with merely good.
I wasn't referring to our guys at all... My point is that McCord was still going to have great numbers last year even if you traded out Harrison for an average P5 starting receiver. It wasn't like Harrison made that much difference. Some, but not a ton.

McCord is going to have guys that can get open next year, and he's going to get the ball to them in positions where they can do something.

I wasn't referring to our guys at all... My point is that McCord was still going to have great numbers last year even if you traded out Harrison for an average P5 starting receiver. It wasn't like Harrison made that much difference. Some, but not a ton.

McCord is going to have guys that can get open next year, and he's going to get the ball to them in positions where they can do something.
Harrison totally botched the route on McCords first pick in the UM game. He giveth and taketh at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom