Class of 2023 - QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (SC) Flipped to South Carolina

This one pisses me off.
We stay with him thru his injury. The VA coaches switch to 'Cuse and keep the scholarship open. They visit and spend time w/him. He has a good year and doesn't so much blow up, but he certainly expands. He's a prettier girl now w/more options. SC gets their new kid-on-the-block Nepo-coach (Beamer). He comes a-courtin' w/all his youthful in-state enthusiasm , and it's over. I get it. I hate it, but then again I'm a small person when it comes to these matters; all the while being a fan of a private university w/limited resources and a less than stellar recent legacy.
Having said that (I hate saying "Having said that."). I remain an Orange fan and feel powerfully the sweetness of victory when fortune shines on us. I have no idea where all this NIL, NLI nil-sum-game is going, but I have faith it'll all work out.
Signed,
Pollyanna

This one pisses me off.
We stay with him thru his injury. The VA coaches switch to 'Cuse and keep the scholarship open. They visit and spend time w/him. He has a good year and doesn't so much blow up, but he certainly expands. He's a prettier girl now w/more options. SC gets their new kid-on-the-block Nepo-coach (Beamer). He comes a-courtin' w/all his youthful in-state enthusiasm , and it's over. I get it. I hate it, but then again I'm a small person when it comes to these matters; all the while being a fan of a private university w/limited resources and a less than stellar recent legacy.
Having said that (I hate saying "Having said that."). I remain an Orange fan and feel powerfully the sweetness of victory when fortune shines on us. I have no idea where all this NIL, NLI nil-sum-game is going, but I have faith it'll all work out.
Signed,
Pollyanna
I think Beamer is a tool and the luster will eventually wear off ...

if you grab him out of the portal in a few years that means he wasn’t as good as we thought and wasn’t good enough to win the starting job at S. Carolina. Big difference
SC has a DEEP QB room. Never know what could happen. Maybe he gets hurt next year then passed over. They also have a stud 2024 kid coming in.

SC has a DEEP QB room. Never know what could happen. Maybe he gets hurt next year then passed over. They also have a stud 2024 kid coming in.
I applaud the kid for being a supreme competitor and thinking he can be the man in that QB room, but he took a pretty big risk committing to SC and joining that group. He could be an NFL talent and barely see the field.

I applaud the kid for being a supreme competitor and thinking he can be the man in that QB room, but he took a pretty big risk committing to SC and joining that group. He could be an NFL talent and barely see the field.
We’re talking about S.Carolina not Georgia or Bama.btw Sellers seemed to be the talk of the spring game and seems already penciled in next year after Rattler. The kid looked like Cam Newton out there running. The kid is huge

We’re talking about S.Carolina not Georgia or Bama.btw Sellers seemed to be the talk of the spring game and seems already penciled in next year after Rattler. The kid looked like Cam Newton out there running. The kid is huge
While I agree it's not Bama or Georgia, at one point their QB room was Rattler, Doty, Bailey, Sellers and Braden Davis. That's a pretty stacked QB room no matter what school. Doty was a top 100 and On3 had Sellers listed as the 95th overall player in the class. Beck referred to him as a generational talent. Davis has offers from Bama and Georgia. Definitely not empty.

While I agree it's not Bama or Georgia, at one point their QB room was Rattler, Doty, Bailey, Sellers and Braden Davis. That's a pretty stacked QB room no matter what school. Doty was a top 100 and On3 had Sellers listed as the 95th overall player in the class. Beck referred to him as a generational talent. Davis has offers from Bama and Georgia. Definitely not empty.
Could Beck have referred to Sellers as a generational talent? I thought coaches couldn’t comment publicly on recruits.

Could Beck have referred to Sellers as a generational talent? I thought coaches couldn’t comment publicly on recruits.
I read it on here and this is the internet so if he didn't say it my world would be shattered.

I read it on here and this is the internet so if he didn't say it my world would be shattered.
It was said on here, but it was actually his high school coach that said it.

“I think he’s the best football player in our state, and I’m not sure there’s too many better in the nation right now,” Marlowe said. “He’s a generational talent for sure.”

Last edited:
I suspect he won’t be transferring anywhere unless it’s a big boy school for NIL. SC loves the kid’s development so far.

1694357128395.jpeg

I was at UNC vs South Carolina game last weekend with a couple Syracuse fans. Apparantly his dad was next section over from us and LaNorris walked over right in front of us. We ribbed LaNorris a little about him letting us down etc and he laughed. Talked to his dad some after and he spoke how difficult a choice it was for him etc. Dad says that he still communicates with Jason Beck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom