Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

1) Our new staff is not particularly high on him at the moment.
2) Tulane is his hometown team, and they just offered him.
3) He's not going to wait around forever for our coaches to exhaust every other option at QB.
4) Therefore I think there's a good chance he decommits and flips. We're seeing the same thing happen with 3 of our other recruits. I think there's a very good chance Scott follows suit.
Given that the dead period is about to start, if we can't at least get a fish on the line that we prefer, I think we should just reaffirm Lindsey's commitment before the dead period starts. Unless the staff absolutely hates him in their system, which isn't the case given they have him in hold for confirmation status, they should take the bird in the hand this close to signing day.

Given that the dead period is about to start, if we can't at least get a fish on the line that we prefer, I think we should just reaffirm Lindsey's commitment before the dead period starts. Unless the staff absolutely hates him in their system, which isn't the case given they have him in hold for confirmation status, they should take the bird in the hand this close to signing day.
I tend to agree with you there. I think Lindsey is just a winner, period, and think at the very worst he'd become a great team captain and solid backup down the line.

he already has offers from great academic institutions like navy, army, air force etc. I don't think tulane is going to move the needle much.

he already has offers from great academic institutions like navy, army, air force etc. I don't think tulane is going to move the needle much.
But in conjunction with being his hometown, that might move the needle.

Same state but not hometown...
I know it's not his actual hometown. I mean more like how a kid from Rochester's "hometown team" would be Syracuse. Obviously there's also LSU, but Scott clearly isn't going to LSU, so next to that, it'd be Tulane, probably.

I know it's not his actual hometown. I mean more like how a kid from Rochester's "hometown team" would be Syracuse. Obviously there's also LSU, but Scott clearly isn't going to LSU, so next to that, it'd be Tulane, probably.
True to a certain extent. Tulane suffers from same issues as SU. Unless you go to school there, there is little connection with the school (both privates with small enrollments which means fewer alumni). Two things SU has for advantage is P5 school and no competing state school (which everyone identifies with), which gives SU a better following.

I tend to agree with you there. I think Lindsey is just a winner, period, and think at the very worst he'd become a great team captain and solid backup down the line.
He also has what Floyd calls the missing ingredient, between being good, and great, (Heart).

Bottom line - new staff evaluates the recruits and verbals, not board experts. If they feel he's a priority, they will make him one. If for ANY reason they either do not like what they see or feel he is not right for what they are doing, they bail. THEY are in charge and probably know a lot more than SU fanboys. Not to mention all of the correct comments about Tulane being close to home, a great school, etc. You can't be behind Babers and what he wants to do and then question him while sitting behind a keyboard.

VirginiaOrange said:
Bottom line - new staff evaluates the recruits and verbals, not board experts. If they feel he's a priority, they will make him one. If for ANY reason they either do not like what they see or feel he is not right for what they are doing, they bail. THEY are in charge and probably know a lot more than SU fanboys. Not to mention all of the correct comments about Tulane being close to home, a great school, etc. You can't be behind Babers and what he wants to do and then question him while sitting behind a keyboard.
I am behind Babers but using your logic then you can never question your parents, priest, rabbi, teachers, the President, etc. Sorry buddy, but I don't think anyone is above scrutiny.

If you don't like people who question the coach, you should probably avoid the basketball board today.

I am behind Babers but using your logic then you can never question your parents, priest, rabbi, teachers, the President, etc. Sorry buddy, but I don't think anyone is above scrutiny.
I feel the exact way you do on this matter.

What fortuitous timing: a former big time coach admits that sometimes coaches do make mistakes in recruiting:

Look - I don't know how this will all play out. But let's not put coaches under the umbrella of "they can do no wrong because they are coaches!" It's a false narrative.

Guy is a winner against the best competition in Louisiana, despite his lack of height. He's not playing with or against midget linemen.

If he was the best QB in NYS, than I would care less.

We all like this kid. He's beyond easy to root for. But Dino knows what he is looking for, he has a system that is proven. Let's let this play out. Hopefully in the end, both Scott and the Cuse are winners in all this.

fellas every school has a "we shouldnt have let him get away" on other teams. Bottom line these coaches are paid to get the best fit for their system and win. You are gonna miss on some and some will pan out. I like Scott but he is gatorade player of the year, state champ and doesnt have any other major offers. That should tell you something. I will feel differently if he had other P5 or even Mac offers but he doesnt.

If you don't like people who question the coach, you should probably avoid the basketball board today.
No need to submit yourself to the newspaper...I mean the hoops board, just go back and read his posts from earlier in the year. #hyocrite

fellas every school has a "we shouldnt have let him get away" on other teams. Bottom line these coaches are paid to get the best fit for their system and win. You are gonna miss on some and some will pan out. I like Scott but he is gatorade player of the year, state champ and doesnt have any other major offers. That should tell you something. I will feel differently if he had other P5 or even Mac offers but he doesnt.

Any idea why he doesn't even have any MAC offers?

i was at the game today, ugly game. Crowd was all orange, which was a shame given the outcome.

I think people will have to step back a lot farther than LOI day. Probably judgment should be reserved until we all see the product on the field.

Of course we won't know til 3 or 4 years down the road but if we wait til then might as well shut down the recruiting board. No fun in that. ;)

Buddy, so I assume you have broken down a couple of hours of film on the kid, gotten insight from some people who have seen him play, know the status of the current/potential roster and combined it with you college football coaching experience to conclude that you know more than the head coach.