Class of 2014 - QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB Michael O'Connor - PSU Transfer to British Columbia

any update on this kid? I would gladly lose several battles for other recruits if we could get a qb who was the real deal. its been 15 years already...

any update on this kid? I would gladly lose several battles for other recruits if we could get a qb who was the real deal. its been 15 years already...

Not really sure what happened with him or O'Korn. Guess they won't be doing spring ball, which wouldn't really matter since they have to sit a year anyways. Maybe they are waiting until after signing day, at which point more teams would have a better grasp of their needs at the position, giving them more options.

I have no idea, just putting out possibilities.

15 years, eh? So we're gonna go ahead and ignore the kid who plays for the Giants and set just about every passing record in SU history, I guess.

I am. you can choose to consider him whatever you want... one good season vs scrub teams doesnt equate to a game changer to me.

how many 10 win season did he lead us to again? Right...

I am. you can choose to consider him whatever you want... one good season vs scrub teams doesnt equate to a game changer to me.

How many 10 win seasons did Donovan McNabb lead us to, again? Oh, that's right, ZERO.

I guess we can't consider McNabb the real deal, either.

McNabb who, by the way, got to throw to guys like Marvin Harrison and Kevin Johnson. Nassib was throwing to Van freaking Chew.

I love McNabb, he's my favorite football player of all time. But give me a break. He was surrounded by 10x the talent Nassib was.

TBCuse11 said:
I am. you can choose to consider him whatever you want... one good season vs scrub teams doesnt equate to a game changer to me. how many 10 win season did he lead us to again? Right...

Yeah - @ Mizzou. Scrubs.

Also, "one good season."

Nassib's numbers in his three seasons as a starter:

56.4%, 2334 yards, 19 TD, 8 INT
62.4%, 2685 yards, 22 TD, 9 INT
62.4%, 3749 yards, 26 TD, 10 INT

Don't let the fact that he had one stellar year block out the fact that he put up very good numbers in his sophomore and junior years.

I'd kill to have another Ryan Nassib on the roster.

No it hasn't.

Enough of that nonsense.

You have a great avatar.

Nassib was a very good QB for us.

Both facts.

Did this inspire me to write something about Ryan Nassib to remind people of how lucky we were to have him? Damn right it did: http://.com/grudging-greatness-ryan-nassib-forgotten-superstar/

Great article brother! I always liked Nassib. Kid has a good head on his shoulders too.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 28m28 minutes ago
Former Penn State QB Michael O'Connor, who was considering a transfer to Syracuse, will instead play in Canada http://ow.ly/IVWvb

I think it's safe to say most of us didn't see that coming. I know the NFL can find you if you have talent - but a school in Canada????

In going to British Columbia does that mean he can play immediately then always hop to another D1 after that season and play immediately? I'm not sure just spitballing.

kids would rather go play in the Arctic Tundra in front of 500 fans than play for us. Sheesh.

kids would rather go play in the Arctic Tundra in front of 500 fans than play for us. Sheesh.

You're assuming we offered to take him ... but it sounds like we didn't express much mutual interest based on what some have said. Did we even offer to take him on?

You're assuming we offered to take him ... but it sounds like we didn't express much mutual interest based on what some have said. Did we even offer to take him on?
Fair point.

Fair point.

Except I'm making the assumption that we didn't ... but I also wonder if he is doing this to get around having to sit for a season as well ... if it allows him to do that it makes perfect sense ... if it doesn't then I have no idea What he is thinking.