Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Ew...

I'd prefer a quarterback who can actually complete a pass or two now and then.
We could do worse than what Tebow did at Florida. That said, the only similarity between those two is the random goal Line jump pass. Rex is probably already as accurate as Tebow is right now. In addition, Tebow is 200x the runner Rex will probably ever be.

We could do worse than what Tebow did at Florida. That said, the only similarity between those two is the random goal Line jump pass. Rex is probably already as accurate as Tebow is right now. In addition, Tebow is 200x the runner Rex will probably ever be.
From a physical standpoint, I can absolutely see it. They're both about the same size and really physically impressive. Tebow was a terrific runner. But man, he's literally one of the worst passers in NFL history (statistics back this up). I have nothing against Tebow as a person - he seems like an amazing dude - but he's a horrible QB. It pains me that my Eagles signed him.

From a physical standpoint, I can absolutely see it. They're both about the same size and really physically impressive. Tebow was a terrific runner. But man, he's literally one of the worst passers in NFL history (statistics back this up). I have nothing against Tebow as a person - he seems like an amazing dude - but he's a horrible QB. It pains me that my Eagles signed him.
Dude I hear you I'm a jets fan. That year with Tebow in town was a disaster

Dude I hear you I'm a jets fan. That year with Tebow in town was a disaster

Sure but he saved my beloved Broncos' season (along with the defense), including an incredible playoff win against the Steelers.

Jekelish--you called this--kudos!

And also I think you are SPOT ON with your assessment that however Culpepper turns out [or even if he stays at QB], this is a big momentum recruit for us. Hope this induces some quality WR types to come our way.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I'd have to think so, what with Rex and Womack and Dungey already here and with Dontae here and RW on the way in the backfield. Hawkins would be great, but probably not realistic. Irvin, Jr and/or Darby added to Palmer is my guess.

Cheers,
Neil

I'd be willing to bet we get Darby.

I'm still holding out hope we can land Donald Stewart. I'm higher on him than any other WR prospect we're involved with, but I think he's all Michigan at this point.

omniorange said:
I'd have to think so, what with Rex and Womack and Dungey already here and with Dontae here and RW on the way in the backfield. Hawkins would be great, but probably not realistic. Irvin, Jr and/or Darby added to Palmer is my guess. Cheers, Neil

At least Hawkins will be on campus this week... Thats half the battle. Who knows?!

At least Hawkins will be on campus this week... Thats half the battle. Who knows?!

Exactly, but I am trying not to get too overly excited. I usually stay away from both recruiting boards figuring who ever gets here gets here and I'll root 1000% for them then. But Shy (via Bambrewer) and then RW sucked me in. I don't think my life will ever be the same again.

Cheers,
Neil

I'd be willing to bet we get Darby.

I'm still holding out hope we can land Donald Stewart. I'm higher on him than any other WR prospect we're involved with, but I think he's all Michigan at this point.
Kudos to you for nailing this one.

This is awesome news. Great list of offers. However i tend to agree that cuse staff putting out the "he was our number one the entire time" is probably not 100% true. Doesnt matter though. Yipee
I think they said he was the #1 target after the spring evaluation period. That's the important distinction. I am not sure what to think as the other guy, a Madei guy, goes to the Elite 11, but I am very happy we got what appears to be a great prospect. I hope this helps reel in some line help and WR help.

Does everyone believe this kids offer list? Not saying Im doubting it just seems odd, he commits here and doesn't visit Clemson or OSU?

Does everyone believe this kids offer list? Not saying Im doubting it just seems odd, he commits here and doesn't visit Clemson or OSU?
Maybe because his parents already know about all the bright lights, and they as a family, are looking for education, and a place where he will be taken care of.

Maybe because his parents already know about all the bright lights, and they as a family, are looking for education, and a place where he will be taken care of.
Yup...absolutely... And the chance to be "the man" again at a historically great football school who currently needs a leader to bring us back to the forefront of college football again.

And remember: his dad has been around the block when it comes to football. He understands the situation very well, and they like what Lester's offense is going to look like. Rex had his dad AND his high school coach on hand, so it's not like he was coming out of this thing without a good sense of things on the football side.