Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I find Making the movies the hardest part is picking the music. Something kids will like but not to over the top. Something that fits the film but keeps you entertained. I prefer the trailer ones they don't have sound tracks[/QUOTE

Find rap intrumentals. I'm 24 i love all types of music but college kids and college football = rap instrumentals. Try Drakes "Energy" or "0 to 100" instrumentals. Or Eminem's "'Till I Collapse"

Cough, Millhouse, Cough

It would be interesting to see if anyone can find online video a of Plant HS game from last year. Culpepper's comments in the most recent article about his commitment indicated that from his perspective the system Lester is putting in at Syracuse is a more sophisticated version of the offense he runs in high school--his take after watching film with Lester for 90 minutes on his visit.

Not suggesting it will be exactly the same, but it might provide some insight about what we can expect this fall.

It would be interesting to see if anyone can find online video a of Plant HS game from last year. Culpepper's comments in the most recent article about his commitment indicated that from his perspective the system Lester is putting in at Syracuse is a more sophisticated version of the offense he runs in high school--his take after watching film with Lester for 90 minutes on his visit.

Not suggesting it will be exactly the same, but it might provide some insight about what we can expect this fall.

Chicago44s -- THANK YOU!

Didn't want to poke around too much, since I'm at a client site today, operating on their network. Much appreciated!

I find Making the movies the hardest part is picking the music. Something kids will like but not to over the top. Something that fits the film but keeps you entertained. I prefer the trailer ones they don't have sound tracks

Absoultley the hardest part. Second hardest is editing it to flow with it. LOL - Which is why hard rock is hard.

Chicago44s -- THANK YOU!

Didn't want to poke around too much, since I'm at a client site today, operating on their network. Much appreciated!

No problem and it seems the production quality is that of many 1-AA schools.

Okay, from watching those two videos, a couple of quick observations:
  • Culpepper worked almost exclusively from the gun
  • Lots of roll outs
  • Lots of quick sweep pitches
  • Lots of inside handoffs
  • Talent level on the field seemed high [no surprise, bit time Florida program ] -- that bodes well for Rex's readiness / preparedness to play at this level
Obviously, this is just a high school video, there's no guarantee that Lester's offense is identical or even that similar, beyond what Culpepper suggested. Seems like a basic offense that really spreads things out, and runs numerous sets out of a couple of similar formations. No issue with any of that.

It was hard to gauge his arm strength and touch, since these were highlight videos, but he seemed to move in the pocket well, seemed advanced with play action, etc. Also seemed capable of making throws, although he might need some work on his mechanics and delivery.

I liked what I saw, though. I think we landed a very good prospect, and that we can win games with this type of offense.

Will be interesting to see whether this offense suits Hunt, and whether or not Lester can coax better execution out of the offense. Those are the two teams to 2015 success, IMO.

Here's another point: even if the Florida and Ohio State offers were not committable, that's STILL a good offer sheet. Ole Miss and Mississippi State were both ranked #1 last year, and Virginia Tech is Virginia Tech. Utah generally knows QBs.
I agree I wasn't even thinking anything negative just what ESPN put. This is a great prospect and you can't be anything but excited. We beat several top end P5 schools.

Okay, from watching those two videos, a couple of quick observations:
  • Culpepper worked almost exclusively from the gun
  • Lots of roll outs
  • Lots of quick sweep pitches
  • Lots of inside handoffs
  • Talent level on the field seemed high [no surprise, bit time Florida program ] -- that bodes well for Rex's readiness / preparedness to play at this level
Obviously, this is just a high school video, there's no guarantee that Lester's offense is identical or even that similar, beyond what Culpepper suggested. Seems like a basic offense that really spreads things out, and runs numerous sets out of a couple of similar formations. No issue with any of that.

It was hard to gauge his arm strength and touch, since these were highlight videos, but he seemed to move in the pocket well, seemed advanced with play action, etc. Also seemed capable of making throws, although he might need some work on his mechanics and delivery.

I liked what I saw, though. I think we landed a very good prospect, and that we can win games with this type of offense.

Will be interesting to see whether this offense suits Hunt, and whether or not Lester can coax better execution out of the offense. Those are the two teams to 2015 success, IMO.

There's also a video out there from this past spring.

Um no .. it means give in and join ... ignore the haze and confusion .. you belong here no matter what others tell you. Football as a culture is all about RAP or hard rock ... sorry but Mick Jagger and "Start it up" for the last 30 years before a game doesn't really do it for me.
Liked Bam's use of Bring the Noise, and the Anthrax version at that. I know it's played out, but what about Tom Sawyer?

Rush will never be played out, but unfortunately I'd set the line on how many of our recruits know about The Holy Trinity at about 0.5.
Don't tell me: next you're going to tell us you used to slap the bass.

Rush will never be played out, but unfortunately I'd set the line on how many of our recruits know about The Holy Trinity at about 0.5.
How about Soundgarden? Rusty Cage or Outshined? I used to get my roommate ready for basketball games by blaring Henry Rollins End of Silence. Can you tell what era I'm from? I know I don't matter in this equation, but I've always prefered the more political or raw old school rap, like the Wu Tang, Tribe or PE. NWA got me moving. Not really house music though, so it limited the party play. What about Bring Da Ruckus from 36 Chambers? EDIT: pulled the link. Not a family tune). All this talk of hype music and great recruits really has me going. Can we fast forward to September please?

Last edited:
This could be worked with...