Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

I like the video. Great size. Hard to bring down while running. Great timing on his throws. And looks to have great arm strength. I think he would be a nice addition to the group of QBs we have coming in 2015 and provide a different type of QB for Lester to work with.

Also this sounds strange but who is #8?? He flashes big time in this video.
Looks like 8 is Derrick Baity, who is signed with Kentucky (he'll be a FR this year) to play CB.

Diving back a little farther...

Another familiar name atop that list.

Hope to see us go all in on Culpepper. Plus I think he would be a good alternative to put up against our current qb's on the roster. The others could hurt you with their feet, but Culpepper could hurt you with his arm.

Plus, I'm just excited about all of the Survivor jokes I can make since both of his parents have been on the show.

Plus, I'm just excited about all of the Survivor jokes I can make since both of his parents have been on the show.

That was my 2nd reason for wanting to get Culpepper. His parents season on Survivor was one of my favorites. His Dad is the definition of a meathead. He was great. He tried to get back on this upcoming season they are taping for, but unfortunately didn't get voted to go back on. Monica made the final 3, but she was kind of the one the good players carried on to the end because they knew they could beat her easily.

And that's my Survivor recap for the day.

That was my 2nd reason for wanting to get Culpepper. His parents season on Survivor was one of my favorites. His Dad is the definition of a meathead. He was great. He tried to get back on this upcoming season they are taping for, but unfortunately didn't get voted to go back on. Monica made the final 3, but she was kind of the one the good players carried on to the end because they knew they could beat her easily.

And that's my Survivor recap for the day.

Does he have a visit set up to SU? Sorry if I missed it.

Does he have a visit set up to SU? Sorry if I missed it.
Yeah in the Bailey article that just got posted. He's visiting with his family next week, and his dad said he may very well wind up committing on the spot if he likes what he sees, because he's ready to make a decision.

Yeah in the Bailey article that just got posted. He's visiting with his family next week, and his dad said he may very well wind up committing on the spot if he likes what he sees, because he's ready to make a decision.

JK, any perspective on why the family seems so high on SU? I read the article--obviously, the 91 game left an impression on the dad, the loudness of the Dome, etc.

But any other reason for him being so high on the 'Cuse?

jekelish said:
If he commits on his visit, it's going to take everything in my power to refrain from a headline of "The Culpepper Tribe has spoken: Rex is Orange"

I will now be disappointed if I don't see that headline.

image.jpg

Unreal. Three day bender if we land him. And then let him and Washington get to work on some of our WR targets.

JK, any perspective on why the family seems so high on SU? I read the article--obviously, the 91 game left an impression on the dad, the loudness of the Dome, etc.

But any other reason for him being so high on the 'Cuse?
Honestly, I couldn't begin to tell you. I guess they just feel a connection to Lester, from the sounds of it. I had no idea that Lester's been on him for so long.

I had no idea that Lester's been on him for so long.

And that's the crux of recruiting, isn't it? As much detective work that you and CuseLegacy put into SU recruiting, we still don't know all of the players the staff is involved in, their priority and the mutual interest. Losing on Brown, Moore and others may make things look bleak, but there are a lot of good players out there and we still have a lot of time. I think a lot of us would be ecstatic if SU can get Culpepper to commit. Florida recruit with a strong arm and an impressive offer sheet.

And that's the crux of recruiting, isn't it? As much detective work that you and CuseLegacy put into SU recruiting, we still don't know all of the players the staff is involved in, their priority and the mutual interest. Losing on Brown, Moore and others may make things look bleak, but there are a lot of good players out there and we still have a lot of time. I think a lot of us would be ecstatic if SU can get Culpepper to commit. Florida recruit with a strong arm and an impressive offer sheet.
And an NFL pedigree, and a younger brother with great size who is apparently almost certainly a package deal.

It almost sounds with the quick visit that his parents want him to come here, education could be an important factor with them, and Scott with his family approach should fit right in.

A good notable QB also helps to keep Washington and WR's and OL will take notice. Would be great to land him.

The thing that Jekel cites about not knowing how long Lester has been on him is precisely the reason people shouldn't freak out when a recruit "Brown" chooses to go elsewhere in May. Lots of things in play and Dasher should take note that nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Last edited: