Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

Mom seemed pretty grounded on the show which is good. She'll be impressed with Syracuse as I think Dad will to. One good thing is you know neither parent is looking for bright lights, glitz and glamour and they've surely seen it all. Mom is going to be looking for a staff who's going to take care of her kid. Missy and family will be huge here.

Last edited:
Mom seemed pretty ground on the show which is good. She'll be impressed with Syracuse as I think Dad will to. One good thing is you know neither parent is looking for bright lights, glitz and glamour and they've surely seen it all. Mom is going to be looking for a staff who's going to take care of her kid. Missy and family will be huge here.
Good point re: Missy. I can see her being the secret weapon here. It just feels like she and Monica would get along.

Scoop Bradshaw is also visiting with them per the article, has a Syracuse offer according to one site

So this morning, we'd basically never heard the name Rex Culpepper.

Now, we're hearing a visit is coming, with a commitment a very real possibility.

I think we have a very good chance of getting 2 kids to commit if not more in the next 1-2 weeks. I like Culpepper and Amir Tyler to commit sooner rather than later. I also think Devon Clarke could pull the trigger at any time.

So this morning, we'd basically never heard the name Rex Culpepper.

Now, we're hearing a visit is coming, with a commitment a very real possibility.

LOL I was just going to say this is moving rather quickly

"We got waxed by Syracuse up there," Culpepper said. "I can remember that like yesterday. Our game was on homecoming. How disrespectful is that for homecoming? They're having the Gators for homecoming, and they kicked our ass.

"It was the loudest place I've ever heard and I played 20 years of football."

Brad Culpepper

love it!

Jek, this isn't even the secret QB flip you have spoken of? Not sure if I am missing something along the way here. If not and there is another Skywalker; do you think Rex's on the spot verbal would end that other courtship?

Jek, this isn't even the secret QB flip you have spoken of? Not sure if I am missing something along the way here. If not and there is another Skywalker; do you think Rex's on the spot verbal would end that other courtship?

Not speaking for Jek but this is not the guy he was referring to. I do imagine it would end the courtship if Rex commits.

Not speaking for Jek but this is not the guy he was referring to. I do imagine it would end the courtship if Rex commits.
Yeah, this. I don't know how realistic the other guy ever would have been. He's expressed interest but again, he's already committed elsewhere. Landing Rex would almost certainly shut that door.

Yeah, this. I don't know how realistic the other guy ever would have been. He's expressed interest but again, he's already committed elsewhere. Landing Rex would almost certainly shut that door.
No way. If he's a solid prospect, keep talking. You never know what would happen down the road, and I would be thrilled if we took 2 good prospects at QB this year.

I'll believe it when I see it, but if they somehow were to pull this off, given the reported offer list, and land an impact WR or a couple of 4/3 kids, my guess would be Shafer will have inoculated himself from any job risk.

Would definitely be next level recruiting on the offensive side of the ball.

So take this for what it's worth: today alone, Rex's mom has started following Eric White, Tim Lester, and Scott Shafer on Twitter.

As well as myself and Bambrewer of course.

Yup me to - Instant follow after an edit

FYI: His ESPN scouting report compares him favorably to Shane Carden, the former ECU QB who now plays for the Bears. Carden put up some monster numbers for ECU.

FYI: His ESPN scouting report compares him favorably to Shane Carden, the former ECU QB who now plays for the Bears. Carden put up some monster numbers for ECU.

Carden was amazing for ECU. They soundly beat the Carolina teams last year.

because we like comparing recruits to previous players he reminds me of Jonny Miller.