Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

That sucks for Rex but shouldn't hurt anything. Over a year away from even wearing an orange uni.

He was most likely going to redshirt anyway so he's gonna have PLENTY of time to rehab and recover. The only real bummer is that since he's a January enrollee, he's going to miss spring practice now.

He was most likely going to redshirt anyway so he's gonna have PLENTY of time to rehab and recover. The only real bummer is that since he's a January enrollee, he's going to miss spring practice now.

His knee is injured, not his head. I assume he can still attend all the team meetings.

On the bright side, as long as he can come back from this, we don't really have to worry about other schools sniffing around after a big senior year.

I mean, I guess I've heard of some people recovering from an ACL tear in 8 or so months...but man, this would be cutting it close for him to actually participate in spring practice. I would honestly rather they take extra caution and make sure he's 100%. Get him up there, let him learn the playbook and terminology and build chemistry, and let on field stuff come along at a slower pace.

This just signals to me he fully expects to challenge for the starting job next fall.

I mean, I guess I've heard of some people recovering from an ACL tear in 8 or so months...but man, this would be cutting it close for him to actually participate in spring practice. I would honestly rather they take extra caution and make sure he's 100%. Get him up there, let him learn the playbook and terminology and build chemistry, and let on field stuff come along at a slower pace.

This just signals to me he fully expects to challenge for the starting job next fall.

Well as a quarterback he won't be hit during practice so as long as we don't practice any running plays for him, then he can still build on-field chemistry with the receivers.

Well as a quarterback he won't be hit during practice so as long as we don't practice any running plays for him, then he can still build on-field chemistry with the receivers.
If this happened in 7 v 7 as somebody else posited, he didn't get hit here either.

Coaches told him they want him to win a starting gig next year, and he still believes even after this he can do it.

Any chance his dad would pay for an elite surgeon like Dr. James Andrews? That sure would make me feel better about his chances at being ready for the spring

Coaches told him they want him to win a starting gig next year, and he still believes even after this he can do it.

Any chance his dad would pay for an elite surgeon like Dr. James Andrews? That sure would make me feel better about his chances at being ready for the spring

As a retired NFL player and a big Injury lawyer (Culpepper and Kurland) he should be able to if he wants to.

Yeah I mean he's got 9 full months to recover, I didn't see the severity of the tear either but I'd have to assume he can be ready to go in 9 months with the technology and recovery methods now.