Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

There is a lot to like about this possibility. Seems to me like the right kind of player to help the program take steps forward, and his and the family's priorities sound like a great match for what Syracuse is about.
image.jpg

i think he looks like a decent good QB but Im skeptical of some of the offers like OSU. He appears to lack top end arm strength. That said I really hope we get him. I think after a couple of years of College development he could be pretty good but he's gonna need some time.

This can maybe snowball into something that could really catch fire.

If you are a Culpepper, and you Google that quote (please don't), you will see the zany type of humor you can expect around here.

Looks like Gary Patterson is now following Mrs. Culpepper. Interesting.

Hopefully she won't follow him back. She is too busy following Scott Shafer, Missy Shafer, Moreland, Acosta, Bam, yours truly and other SU luminaries!

I wonder if it might be to start working on the younger son, because TCU already has a QB commit, and it seems like a weird time to try to get in on Rex right when it appears he's on the verge of picking SU, and they seemingly haven't expressed interest previously.

Eliza Orlins (Cuse alum and former survivor contestant x 2) giving some shout outs to Monica as well

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh my god!! <a href="https://twitter.com/monicaculpepper">@monicaculpepper</a> I just saw your son is considering my alma mater! I loved it so much! Amazing school! <a href="http://t.co/hYu7jYwIzt">http://t.co/hYu7jYwIzt</a></p>&mdash; Eliza Orlins (@eorlins) <a href="">June 3, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eliza Orlins‏@eorlins 8h8 hours ago @monicaculpepper Cuse for life!!! I bleed orange!!
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

Eliza Orlins
‏@eorlins
8h8 hours ago
@monicaculpepper I was very involved while at school there, so if you have any questions about the university, please ask. I LOVE Syracuse!

It's true. See, this is what I get though for trying to make a positive post instead of saying things like how we need to pass more in the Dome and stuff like that.
Just messing with ya dude. I love those commercials.

i think he looks like a decent good QB but Im skeptical of some of the offers like OSU. He appears to lack top end arm strength. That said I really hope we get him. I think after a couple of years of College development he could be pretty good but he's gonna need some time.

So...you are still skeptical after Urban Meyer offers him a scholarship. Maybe you haven't paid attention to what the 3/4 Urban Meyer recruited QB's did last year. No offense, but I have more faith in Urban Meyer recognizing QB talent than I have in your skepticism.

So...you are still skeptical after Urban Meyer offers him a scholarship. Maybe you haven't paid attention to what the 3/4 Urban Meyer recruited QB's did last year. No offense, but I have more faith in Urban Meyer recognizing QB talent than I have in your skepticism.

No he is implying that he is skeptical that he was even offered by OSU I believe.

I'm skeptical that Ohio State offered as well as a few others.

I agree with bcubs9497. I am sure that he received those offers but he might not have been some of those schools plan A. I don't know if anyone else caught it but in the one video he stated that last year was his first year playing varsity FB. Some of those schools could have offered but were waiting to see what he did this year. And that is just me thinking out loud.

If they're on Rivals/24 7/Sc0ut, you can rest assure that those offers are there. The services do vet what recruits tell them concerning offers. The question you should be asking is whether those offers are "commitable".

His film doesn't scream top end Qb and in combing some gator message boards not many people think he has an Ohio state offer and a good number of them said culpepper and urban are friends. Most of the gator fans don't think he has a Florida offer either and these were from posts made last winter (not in light of recent developments).

People will start getting on me now and that's fine. He's a solid Qb, not elite, I think if you objectively watch the film he lacks arm strength but being that he's a big kid and still a year and a half away from college he'll be just fine. Runs fine on keepers boots and roll outs so not a stiff in the pocket. Will be nice in Lester's offense. Has touch and a nice short intermediate game. I'd be thrilled to get him.

This is a giant part of what is wrong with recruiting. The NCAA should make schools put offers in writing. Anything less than a comittable offer should be a coach saying to a kid hey we are watching you and like what we see. We may offer in the future but just know we like what we see. How is hi I'd like to offer you a scholarship that yoU can t have an offer? Yes if a kid claims an offer the recruiting services call the high school coach and confirm the offer. So Rex has been offered.

His film doesn't scream top end Qb and in combing some gator message boards not many people think he has an Ohio state offer and a good number of them said culpepper and urban are friends. Most of the gator fans don't think he has a Florida offer either and these were from posts made last winter (not in light of recent developments).

People will start getting on me now and that's fine. He's a solid Qb, not elite, I think if you objectively watch the film he lacks arm strength but being that he's a big kid and still a year and a half away from college he'll be just fine. Runs fine on keepers boots and roll outs so not a stiff in the pocket. Will be nice in Lester's offense. Has touch and a nice short intermediate game. I'd be thrilled to get him.

Now PhatOrange you should know by now that you can't believe everything you read on fan message boards.

If they're on Rivals/24 7/Sc0ut, you can rest assure that those offers are there. The services do vet what recruits tell them concerning offers. The question you should be asking is whether those offers are "commitable".

I like this kid, but am also a little skeptical about the offers as he still needs some work to become a top end QB, hope we get him and he develops, but the more plausible scenario after watching his film is that he was offered by these schools at another position possibly. Incredible athlete and if he follows his dads growth trend he may grow out of the QB position if that is possible, either way get him on board and find a spot for him if he indeed gets bigger. He just looks a little stiff in his throwing mechanics and I would think that we would reconfigure his weight program to increase flexibility as strength does not seem to be an issue.

bcubs9497 said:

Yeah I'm not surprised they are real, his dad is a FLA/NFL alum so FLA and Urban Meyer trust the the blood lines behind the great tape, but my guess is unless the (dad's) ol ball coach comes calling at South Carolina we're in the game.

The offers are definitely real. We can really put that to bed. I'm pretty sure 2 4 7 in particular goes out of its way to confirm offers.

Now, as other have said, some of them may not be "committable" quite yet. We do the same thing with recruits. I don't particularly like it, but you still don't offer - even conditionally - a kid who you don't think can play.

The offers are definitely real. We can really put that to bed. I'm pretty sure 2 4 7 in particular goes out of its way to confirm offers.

Now, as other have said, some of them may not be "committable" quite yet. We do the same thing with recruits. I don't particularly like it, but you still don't offer - even conditionally - a kid who you don't think can play.
I guess I don't get this. If you don't have a "committable " offer, it would seem to be that you don't really have an offer. If I can't say yes and get a ship, than a "offer" isn't anything.

I guess I don't get this. If you don't have a "committable " offer, it would seem to be that you don't really have an offer. If I can't say yes and get a ship, than a "offer" isn't anything.
And that's the problem. It's kind of like a school is trying to call "dibs" for a kid who is not at the top of their list. Or at least trying to reserve a spot at the table should they need to come back to him later if their plan A doesn't work out

"Well we didn't get this 5-star kid we really wanted, but hey we wanted you too, remember? We gave you an offer months ago!"

Yes - could someone explain the distinction please?