Class of 2018 - QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Tadas Tatarunas (OH) Committed to Walsh University

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mentor train led by Tadas Tatarunas , keeps on rolling through the Ohio ,D1 (largest schools) playoffs.

"Another outstanding season in Saint Ignatius football came to an end on Friday night, as Mentor senior quarterback Tadas Tatarunas directed a fourth-quarter rally that led the Cardinals to a 23-21 victory over the Wildcats in the OHSAA Region 1 championship game at Bedford's Bearcat Stadium"

"Most of the fourth quarter belonged to Mentor, however, as Tatarunas consistently hurt the Wildcats with his poise under pressure on third down conversions and his uncanny ability to scramble away for big yards."

"More of Tatarunas' third down resolve came to the fore, as he and the rest of Mentor's productive offense put together a 17-play, 71-yard march through the brisk winds in Bearcat Stadium, a drive that ate up 5 minutes and 15 seconds, and ended with McIntosh's eventual game-winning field goal."

Wildcats Fall to the Cardinals in the Regional Final

PS - St Ignatious was #13 in the country by Maxpreps, previous week they beat #18 St Edwards, also in a last minute drive.

The Mentor train led by Tadas Tatarunas , keeps on rolling through the Ohio ,D1 (largest schools) playoffs.

"Another outstanding season in Saint Ignatius football came to an end on Friday night, as Mentor senior quarterback Tadas Tatarunas directed a fourth-quarter rally that led the Cardinals to a 23-21 victory over the Wildcats in the OHSAA Region 1 championship game at Bedford's Bearcat Stadium"

"Most of the fourth quarter belonged to Mentor, however, as Tatarunas consistently hurt the Wildcats with his poise under pressure on third down conversions and his uncanny ability to scramble away for big yards."

"More of Tatarunas' third down resolve came to the fore, as he and the rest of Mentor's productive offense put together a 17-play, 71-yard march through the brisk winds in Bearcat Stadium, a drive that ate up 5 minutes and 15 seconds, and ended with McIntosh's eventual game-winning field goal."

Wildcats Fall to the Cardinals in the Regional Final

PS - St Ignatious was #13 in the country by Maxpreps, previous week they beat #18 St Edwards, also in a last minute drive.
Hey Mike congrats to Tadas. You and I have been behind this kid all season long and he has done one heck of a job. I'm sure you are right there behind me hoping that HCDB will still offer him soon. No matter where he plays I will try to follow.

Any developments with this young fellow?

I would love to have him, total steal for whomever gets him
I agree. I have been saying that all year and checking in with a relative and this kid is knocking the doors in.

Not sure I agree about his arm strength. As I remember his tape he didn't have a gun but threw with exceptional accuracy and seemed to see the field well with the ability to come off his primary target. Dino's system stresses accuracy over velocity although obviously it can't take all day for the ball to get to the receiver. He played against very good competition in HS and dominated his senior year and has a better arm than Mahoney and Dungey is not exactly Brett Favre either. Also, kids do get stronger as they mature and work with competent training staffs. I think you can make a case for offering and maybe it depends on whether they see Welch and Culpepper as D1 qbs.

He’s not a P5 level QB...Very solid player, but lacks the arm strength to succeed at this level.

Not sure I agree about his arm strength. As I remember his tape he didn't have a gun but threw with exceptional accuracy and seemed to see the field well with the ability to come off his primary target. Dino's system stresses accuracy over velocity although obviously it can't take all day for the ball to get to the receiver. He played against very good competition in HS and dominated his senior year and has a better arm than Mahoney and Dungey is not exactly Brett Favre either. Also, kids do get stronger as they mature and work with competent training staffs. I think you can make a case for offering and maybe it depends on whether they see Welch and Culpepper as D1 qbs.

I have seen him play. Not to say he isn’t a good player, because he is. He will do well at a FCS school somewhere, and that’s damn good football.

If we were to offer, we would literally be his only FBS offer. He doesn’t have one offer from the MAC that I am aware of. We are in the ACC now, and the level of talent is that high.

As to the comparison to Dungey - he’s nowhere near the athlete Dungey is, and remember that Mahoney was a walkon.

I have seen him play. Not to say he isn’t a good player, because he is. He will do well at a FCS school somewhere, and that’s damn good football.

If we were to offer, we would literally be his only FBS offer. He doesn’t have one offer from the MAC that I am aware of. We are in the ACC now, and the level of talent is that high.

As to the comparison to Dungey - he’s nowhere near the athlete Dungey is, and remember that Mahoney was a walkon.
I agree. Once in a blue moon does a kid get overlooked and then develops at a lower-level school into something special. Could this kid do that? Certainly possible. But that does not happen often.

There's a reason (or two) why he does not have a single D1 offer.

Big difference between having 0 offers and multiple D1 offers.
It should also be added that occasionally mistakes are made and nobody sees something in a kid who goes out and lights it up. But 98/100 times, if nobody sees anything, it's because there isn't anything there to find.

Its been awhile since we had a QB with a gun too.. Nassib probably and it took forever for him to throw with any touch. our QB issues now is waiting too long to make the decision and accuracy not how hard they throw it. Manning shows that if you throw it on time and with accuracy you can succeed at any level. Having a GUN helps though if you are late with decisions.

Class of 2015 - Recruits and Offers

Eric Dungey - QB
Rivals Rating At Commit Date : ***; Current Rivals Rating: ***
Major (2) - SU, Oregon St.
Mid Major (7) - Air Force, Colorado St., Idaho, Navy, Nevada, UNLV, Wyoming
Primary Recruiter - Lester

Its been awhile since we had a QB with a gun too.. Nassib probably and it took forever for him to throw with any touch. our QB issues now is waiting too long to make the decision and accuracy not how hard they throw it. Manning shows that if you throw it on time and with accuracy you can succeed at any level. Having a GUN helps though if you are late with decisions.

Are you comparing this kid to Peyton Manning? Or Eli?

No question Dungey is a better athlete but that doesn't speak to your original point. You observed that he didn't have the arm strength to play P5 and I think this might not be the case, especially in Dino's system. Mahoney is relevant because as a walk on he was serviceable in this offense when he and everyone else around him was not injured. A certain level of arm strength is a sine qua non but there are also compensatory mechanisms that can be engaged when arm strength is not your primary asset. I agree that it is concerning that he does not have one other major or mid major offer but he may be worth a scholarship given the enormous rush of air carrying the sound of whiffing which has emanated from the staff's attempts to recruit a qb this cycle...or maybe Chance has a change of heart.

Are you comparing this kid to Peyton Manning? Or Eli?

This a new one. If this were hoops people would be PISSED if we offered a prospect like this.

No question Dungey is a better athlete but that doesn't speak to your original point. You observed that he didn't have the arm strength to play P5 and I think this might not be the case, especially in Dino's system. Mahoney is relevant because as a walk on he was serviceable in this offense when he and everyone else around him was not injured. A certain level of arm strength is a sine qua non but there are also compensatory mechanisms that can be engaged when arm strength is not your primary asset. I agree that it is concerning that he does not have one other major or mid major offer but he may be worth a scholarship given the enormous rush of air carrying the sound of whiffing which has emanated from the staff's attempts to recruit a qb this cycle...or maybe Chance has a change of heart.

No - we are not offering a kid that has literally zero offers from a division 1 school. We are not a charity school for “scrappy” kids any longer, the only thing that gets Dino is fired.

His arm strength is nowhere near Eric Dungey’s. It would be one thing if he were a great athlete and we could potentially move him somewhere else, but he isn’t.

I wish the kid all the best in his career, and hopefully he gets a free education because of it. Once again, if this were hoops, would you be okay with a kid that has zero offers this late in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom