Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

Anywhere but here. I know it’s been relatively inconsequential for Kadary at SHU from our perspective (1 tourney appearance 0 wins in 3 years). But for selfish reasons I really really need this to not happen lol
I actually wouldn’t mind him at the Hall. I think Shaheen’s a good coach who would hopefully push Cope. Rather have him at the Hall than Georgetown. Could keep our ex Cuse PG/Point forward tradition going at Hall.

Anywhere but here. I know it’s been relatively inconsequential for Kadary at SHU from our perspective (1 tourney appearance 0 wins in 3 years). But for selfish reasons I really really need this to not happen lol
yeah for all the Kadary talk around here - he certainly helped but didn't necessarily elevate Seton Hall to new heights.

2.8 assists to 2.0 turnovers this year.

He was fun to watch but I think we should aim a little higher. Q's good plays were often great but they were combined with too many 'oh crap' plays.

I will miss the entertaining portion of his game but not the repeated w tf plays.

I am just now getting to reading this thread and maybe someone pointed this our or answered...but isnt "Your time to shine kid" exactly what Q said to Taylor?

Maybe Red or one of the coaches would say that to players who came off the bench and they are making fun of it. Just a guess.

Judah's game would have been terrible for those teams. He would have hogged the ball instead of getting it to Dion, Kris, Triche, and Fair. Scoop was less talented, but what made him good is he knew those other guys were better scorers than him and knew when it was his time to shoot.
Scooooo.oops! He was good for SU bb.

I enjoyed watching him play. Most of the time.

When we read about declines in attendance at college basketball games and TV ratings continue to crater, this kind of thing is the root cause.

Q doesn’t need to go to a program that will let him do what he wants.

He needs to go to a school that will address his weaknesses and embrace his strengths.

I suspect he goes to the former, not the latter.

I wish Quadir good luck at his new school. Unless it is the worst possible school any Syracuse basketball player could ever transfer to. Which it probably will be.
are you implying you know something?

are benny judah and q all going to georgetown?

Judah's game would have been terrible for those teams. He would have hogged the ball instead of getting it to Dion, Kris, Triche, and Fair. Scoop was less talented, but what made him good is he knew those other guys were better scorers than him and knew when it was his time to shoot.
Changed my like to a love. Scoop may go down as one of the most underrated players to ever come through here. I’m guessing coach Boeheim would agree.

Maybe Red or one of the coaches would say that to players who came off the bench and they are making fun of it. Just a guess.
yeah dude probably right...there was an incredible amount of disrespect towards Red from the players this year

sadly I think its a generational thing...and a sign of national decline to be truly honest

all this NIL nonsense is empowering some players to act like creeps ...and get away with it

players cussing out the coach, bumping the coach on the sideline, talking back etc etc...im guessing theres a ton of stufff we havent even heard about

im genuinely shcoked considering I think Red is a truly caring and compassionate coach that has all of his players interests at heart...i just would never expect him to get that from all of these guys that he has bee with for years now...its truly odd...and gives me pause bc the players alos seem pretty well spoke...not sure what gives and I guess we will never really know unless we are insiders with the team

I also saw this tweet and not sure if it legit...but it says Q "wants to play for a basketball school"...would fit the narrative that he was a problem if he said something like that on the way out...obvious dig at the school and coaches, if true...

FWIW

his list is claimed to be:

Seton HallSaint Joe’sVillanovaVCUProvidenceBoston CollegeUCFGeorgia

Changed my like to a love. Scoop may go down as one of the most underrated players to ever come through here. I’m guessing coach Boeheim would agree.
He was maybe the first player I can recall that took tons of crap on this board. I left the board for over a year after one too many times reading him referred to as “Scoopid” by one too many morons.

He was maybe the first player I can recall that took tons of crap on this board. I left the board for over a year after one too many times reading him referred to as “Scoopid” by one too many morons.
He made some plays that drove everyone nuts but his good was a good trade off. As an upperclassman he was someone I always trusted with the ball.

averaged single digits scoring for his career - only 8.9 pts/gm and 2,3 turnovers a game as a senior PG

he often came across lackadiasical on the court and did make some bizarre turnovers pretty often...

idk...to me he was never on the level of a lot of the other players of his era...for me he just blended in and was barely good enough

yeah dude probably right...there was an incredible amount of disrespect towards Red from the players this year

sadly I think its a generational thing...and a sign of national decline to be truly honest

all this NIL nonsense is empowering some players to act like creeps ...and get away with it

players cussing out the coach, bumping the coach on the sideline, talking back etc etc...im guessing theres a ton of stufff we havent even heard about

im genuinely shcoked considering I think Red is a truly caring and compassionate coach that has all of his players interests at heart...i just would never expect him to get that from all of these guys that he has bee with for years now...its truly odd...and gives me pause bc the players alos seem pretty well spoke...not sure what gives and I guess we will never really know unless we are insiders with the team

I also saw this tweet and not sure if it legit...but it says Q "wants to play for a basketball school"...would fit the narrative that he was a problem if he said something like that on the way out...obvious dig at the school and coaches, if true...

FWIW

“Wants to play for basketball school”. LOL that’s all I can say… that’s all I will say

averaged single digits scoring for his career - only 8.9 pts/gm and 2,3 turnovers a game as a senior PG

he often came across lackadiasical on the court and did make some bizarre turnovers pretty often...

idk...to me he was never on the level of a lot of the other players of his era...for me he just blended in and was barely good enough
9 point on that team with every guy on the floor who can score I think is pretty good. Judah probably averaged around 20 this year, you swap Judah with Scoop and both teams would be better with Scoop.

FWIW

This list says it all. Yeah Nova is there but I think we all know Neptune Nova isn’t really Nova

FWIW

This is a parody account dedicated to the NIT. He only tweeted teams in the NIT. Dont take this as serious

Lol “I want to play for a basketball school”

bKwPkd.gif

He averaged more points per 40 minutes than Starling. LOL.

Red just made his roster building a lot harder. We were always losing Mintz Taylor and of course Benny. Q by himself replaced all 3 of those guys with his skills to a certain degree. Replaced is the wrong word more like covered or could fill in for any. Back up plan for all 3. Just an insane guy to push out. Murder or sexual assault sure he has to go. Did he do that I don't get the rumors? He's the most emotional guy on the team locker room mouthing off when he clearly struggles to control himself at times...nah Red let him grow up.

And yet - Scoop was an integral part of TWO of our very best TEAMS ever.
2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

He’s sixth all-time in assists at Syracuse.

SECOND all-time in steals.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.
(Right ahead of Joe & Buddy).

National 6th Man of the Year as a Soph.

2nd Team All Big East as a Sr.

Totally just a guy. :rolleyes:

The scoop haters are literally the dumbest fans ever.

I’d give your left nut to have a guy like Scoop on the team, every year.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Red having been these guys Associate head coach before being their Head coach. I suspect the rapport between associate/assistant coaches and players is different than the rapport between players and head coach. Perhaps that might be why it seems they didn't seem to be giving the requisite amount of respect to Coach Autry like they did to Coach Boeheim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom