Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

Ennis made players better at pg. Had over a 3 assist to turnover rate which is amazing. (5,5 assists to 1.7 to)

Ennis was great! I'd kill for someone like Ennis if he were also surrounded by scorers/shooters. But I also don't think we should judge Judah's performance vs. a guy who played before there was a 3pt line in college

Good point guards reward players who run the court, stay engaged, focused, not ball watching because they know he’ll find them in a position to score.
Using this as a standard, who is the last “good” PG we had?

Imagine in 1997. A bunch of SyracuseFans are sitting at the bar talking about the team after the first NIT season in like 15 years or whatever.

One man goes..."We need someone like BILLY GABOR"

That's the equivalent of bringing up Pearl in 2024.
great players . both jersey's retired what's your point ? i'll take "the bullet " . if today's fan's don't know the "pearl" then i do feel bad for them. they don't understand how great cuse hoops was.

Ennis, Michael Carter Williams - Sherm was the epitome to me for a great point guard.

What’s interesting about Ennis is he did it more in the more difficult half court situation, more slow down, controlled and deliberate - very different than Sherm, Carter- Williams, Flynn etc who pushed the ball.

Judah doesn’t really push the ball up court either, he for some reason slows down, choosing to dribble himself up court not pass it upcourt but isn’t as efficient as Ennis. Often players stop sprinting down court as a result unless they steal the ball themselves up top for transition baskets.

Ennis was a much better distributor than Judah even factoring in the environment around them, but he definitely had a much easier job too. That team was simply a lot more talented than what we've trotted out there the last couple years.

Sherm was the epitome to me for a great point guard.
sherm was blessed with an amazing cast. but his passing was also pin point accuracy . putting his team in the best position to score. in hockey an assist counts the same as a point. and in this formula nobody put up more points for syracuse than sherman douglas. he was the general.

sherm was blessed with an amazing cast. but his passing was also pin point accuracy . putting his team in the best position to score. in hockey an assist counts the same as a point. and in this formula nobody put up more points for syracuse than sherman douglas. he was the general.
He really started the lob pass - alley oop pass - he had the teammates who could time and slam them too.

He really started the lob pass - alley oop pass - he had the teammates who could time and slam them too.
borderline basket interference. goaltending. he was the master. and it was unstoppable.

As for Ennis, he was a great pass-first distributor...until we got to the NCAA's. We went over to Buffalo to watch us play...and lose...to Dayton.

Whatever player Tyler had been before, on that day was clearly auditioning for the NBA. He took, by far, a team high 21 shots and made only 7. He missed all 5 of his 3 point attempts. He played 40 minutes and had only 3 assists.

So, he took 21 shots and the rest of the team combined took 33.

Here was the rest of that team: Jeremi Grant, Rak Christmas, CJ Fair, Trevor Cooney, Michael Gbinije.

Anything odd stand out to you there? I thought so.

As for Ennis, he was a great pass-first distributor...until we got to the NCAA's. We went over to Buffalo to watch us play...and lose...to Dayton.

Whatever player Tyler had been before, on that day was clearly auditioning for the NBA. He took, by far, a team high 21 shots and made only 7. He missed all 5 of his 3 point attempts. He played 40 minutes and had only 3 assists.

Here was the rest of that team: Jeremi Grant, Rak Christmas, CJ Fair, Trevor Cooney, Michael Gbinije.

I was there. Horrible game.

Thankfully, SU got revenge in 2016 killing Dayton in the first round of the NCAA’s 70-51.

Didn't we also go 0-fer from three point range in that game?

Just a horrible outing.

yeah dude probably right...there was an incredible amount of disrespect towards Red from the players this year

sadly I think its a generational thing...and a sign of national decline to be truly honest

all this NIL nonsense is empowering some players to act like creeps ...and get away with it

players cussing out the coach, bumping the coach on the sideline, talking back etc etc...im guessing theres a ton of stufff we havent even heard about

im genuinely shcoked considering I think Red is a truly caring and compassionate coach that has all of his players interests at heart...i just would never expect him to get that from all of these guys that he has bee with for years now...its truly odd...and gives me pause bc the players alos seem pretty well spoke...not sure what gives and I guess we will never really know unless we are insiders with the team

I also saw this tweet and not sure if it legit...but it says Q "wants to play for a basketball school"...would fit the narrative that he was a problem if he said something like that on the way out...obvious dig at the school and coaches, if true...

FWIW

his list is claimed to be:

Seton HallSaint Joe’sVillanovaVCUProvidenceBoston CollegeUCFGeorgia
If he actually said that, what an idiot.

to be fair ennis was playing 36-40 minutes down the stretch. i think JB wore him out.

Ennis was a much better distributor than Judah even factoring in the environment around them, but he definitely had a much easier job too. That team was simply a lot more talented than what we've trotted out there the last couple years.
Actually I don’t know why Ennis was so deliberate offensively, we had players who could run but we really made our mark defensively. We were a great defensive team - Cooney(64) and Ennis(71) were great on the top of the zone and worked very well together, having 135 steals between them or 4 per game. We held teams to only 59 points/game while scoring an average of 68 points and outscored teams on turnovers (8 points/game). We also out rebounded teams by 4 a game while playing zone. The 6 games we lost towards the end that year, we didn’t even score our average 68 points. Uggh

Kris and Eric went hard on Q.
They were dead, dead on. I hope for Q's sake he listens to someone and gets through his head that Harlem Globetrotters routine isn't going to A) Fly with coaches at next level and B) Most likely won't even WORK

Also note that Devo confirmed he heard what has been rumored here. His departure was mutual.

I don’t think the tempo we had that year then would be a crowd pleaser long term though. It was certainly a change of pace. Defense over offense,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom