Question About Recruiting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question About Recruiting

Was it ever verified that Pittsburgh Mo was the kid's parent or something? If not, what was the big deal? I didn't think it was a secret that the kid was going to be big time. Bcubs looked him up right away back then.

I'm going to write Dino an e-mail telling him he should consider recruiting this QB out of Georgia that may be wavering on his commitment again.

The big deal was just that the guy mentioned a 9th grade QB and he turned out to be a POY finalist and one of the best QBs to come out of western PA (and they've had a few) in a long, long time. That's all. Not a criticism of the former staff or the current staff (obviously). SU never had a chance anyway whether they loved him early or not.

Pittsburgh mo ---

Recruiting info is cloudy, full of lies, and people that want to take your $$$. Don't believe them.

Bcubs has it right. The KID has to call the school... He can send emails, but they can't respond. (show tape). Twitter/Instagram is a communication loophole. He needs a twitter or instagram. DM's don't count as email... Face time doesn't count as a phone call... Basically, the rules exist so the schools don't destroy the kid's life.. But HE is allowed to initiate contact - on his terms.

At his young age... He still has time to compete in The Opening(Do that). Don't go to meet market camps. Only go to to camps run by the school he has targeted, so he can be properly checked out... It takes, at LEAST, 4 coaches to be onboard for a D1 offer.

Never give a penny to recruiting sites. They only work for D2/D3... There are recruiting organizations, that work FOR the schools. FREE to you. They are paid(by the schools) for finding recruits that can play at an FBS level. They don't BS, and they risk their reputation($$) if they sign off on a sub par recruit. DM me.. I'll give you the Northeast Contact, for an organization that is basically a paid scout(by the schools) for 130 FBS schools...

Also. You may love the kid, but don't blow smoke up his arse... It is DIFFICULT, to be recognized by the big programs. He's competing against 250,000 kids to get his next gig.. Love him up, but don't feed him false hope. He may very well get it, but you have to keep it real, to not break the kids heart. It's hard to make that jump. Encourage him, all the way. ;-) DM me, for the national scout, info, and best of luck.

Last edited:
CRap... I just realized this thread was a few years old... Who the h@ll brought this back up...

BPO did. He was basically just saying that Pittsburgh Mo made a good call and had good information, which is true (appears it will be true).

Pittsburgh Mo had been saying he contacted the staff (former/current?) several times about the kid to no avail. My point was simply that lots of people contact the staff about kids. Unless there is some sort of special relationship, where you may have an "in" with the recruit (i.e., coach or family member), its probably pretty unlikely you'll get anything substantial back from the staff, if at all.

CRap... I just realized this thread was a few years old... Who the h@ll brought this back up...
LOL. Welcome to the forum where nothing ever dies. Even if deleted. Don't feel badly, you aren't the first, nor will you be the last, to respond to a thread someone has found in the deep, dark recesses and revived.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom