Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.
Interesting. So you do think these Syracuse transfers like Kadary, Quincy and Woody are due to JB’s sometimes abrasive personality and his propensity to yell at kids when they’re not doing what he wants? And maybe the appearance of favoritism towards certain other players? I always thought many of these kids were tougher than that and wanted to be coached up and not coddled, and I definitely think Q was one of those kids. Or is about Q being told by handlers that JB isn’t using him like he should? (Which is a load of bull if that’s the case.) If it’s the former, man are players soft these days. JB did say if a kid has any little issue now, they want to leave, whereas before the sit-out year rule usually stopped them from making a rash decision. Anyhow, if the case you state above is true, JB really needs to grasp the new realities of CBB and adjust accordingly—or move on to retirement with Roy Williams and hit the golf links. There’s really no rational reason to continue if this is the new reality and he won’t adjust. You’re just gonna drive the program into the ground after your own kids graduate next year.

Last edited:
Those who hold grudges or in contempt those who leave early are either, one, transactional to the extreme (fair enough) or, two, idiotic. For those in bucket two maybe kwity paye story will influence you. We all should do what we think is best for us in our lives and not what others think is best in the abstract or biased by their personal interests. It’s really as simple as that.

I had no issue with him declaring for the draft.

You’ve said recently that JB earned the right to coach his sons. What changed?
Coach his sons is fine.
Go out of his way to change how he handles rotations because it affects his son is another thing.

If Jimmy wanted to be bench depth here then good for JB. If JB is getting this kid minutes because he is son and changing how he handles rotations then that major league bullchit.

well I’m not going to believe it was some Q and JB issue when the kid started both seasons, played plenty, JB never had any blow ups with him and even said he could be an AA. Plus if Q doesn’t believe he’s the man amongst the forwards next year then that’s on him. We brought in two good transfers but they aren’t AA’s. Hell he was 3rd team this year. But then again other teams are losing all league players.
Honestly, I really think that should tell us something. Kids don't want to be yelled at. They don't want to be called out in press conferences. This isn't 1985 anymore. Kids have options. They play at 3 high schools in 4 years. They get recruited to play in high school. They don't want to be coached like the kids were coached in the old days. The coaches that grasp that and move forward, will be the future Hall of Famers. The coaches that want to be the next Bobby Knight, will follow him to the unemployment line. It's just a different world.
It’s bizarre. I really thought Q understood and appreciated JB’s coaching. Dasher seems to be suggesting that he didn’t. If that’s the case, JB does need to consider retirement next season. If you can’t keep a smart, hard working and level headed player like Quincy happy, who can you expect to keep happy besides your own kids? In that case, JB needs to adjust or retire. It sucks but there’s really no middle ground here.

Last edited:
It’s bizarre. I really thought Q understood and appreciated JB’s coaching. Dasher seems to be suggesting that he didn’t. If that’s the case, JB does need to consider retirement next season. If you can’t keep a smart, hard working and level headed kid like Quincy happy, who can you expect to keep happy besides your own kids?
Your kids friends.

It was the pandemic. You’ll be back next year
maybe king of queens.gif

Coach his sons is fine.
Go out of his way to change how he handles rotations because it affects his son is another thing.

If Jimmy wanted to be bench depth here then good for JB. If JB is getting this kid minutes because he is son and changing how he handles rotations then that major league bullchit.
So which is it?

I don't know, and I doubt you do, either.

Of course, it may be none of the above. :rolleyes:

We will have achieved perfection this February when Girard, Boeheim, Boeheim, and Swidet all log forty in a five point loss at home to NC State and JB goes off about Bennys +/- in that one game that one time. I have seen the future folks.

I understand that Dash, from someone who knows what's going on. However, for him gone to the portal and not the NBA, come the fck on. Totally inexcusable.
My thoughts exactly. I honestly never expected him back, especially after JB2 signed here and w/ the 5*Frosh & Swider coming in. The gut punch is in the portal transfer...that just sucks!
QG is good enough to be a major impact player if he gets the right fit. Obviously its not all JB's fault, everyone is going through the "portal from hell" scenario. But you have to wonder if the old man will begin to change things up in this new reality.
Every good manager has to be willing to adjust to new systems, methodologies, and personnel. The old "6 players and a cloud of dust" bench/PT philosophy is not gonna bode well for SU basketball in the future. And whatever went down last year is now culminating in what can only be seen as a "bad look". Major major talent, in QG and several others, just walked out the door.

Last edited:
I would love to know what's going on in Wildhack's brain right now. Does he really support this sh**? I would hope he's just tolerating it for another year and then moving the damn corner. This is ridiculous. A hall of famer acting like a rook. I once revered Jim, no longer. Sorry. But I'm not going to apologize. ;-)

two years ago he started and played every game. Last year he tore his mcl which happens to a lot of players plus acls. An mcl isn’t a career ending injury.
You can start every game but not be 100%. Please remember back to those game where he would “start” and then limp around

You didn’t get my post which is fine.
I guess I didn’t. Sorry, some people were erroneously saying Jimmy had two more years to play, so I just wanted to clarify. Mike Waters and others have reported that it’s only one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom