Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's a weird scenario that seems completely unnecessary, but I don't really see Quincy being at fault here.

Also... I still think he's playing professionally next season.
He will be a pro this year, I don’t see any reason this young man goes to school beyond this past year.
Too much money out there, especially with a Canadian Passport as has been pointed out in the past.
Might be wrong, stars may align in a different order, but at 22 years old he should go pro and get paid.
Add in all the injuries and it’s a no brainer !

He wants to be a 3. Syracuse needs him to be a 4. It's probably as simple as that.
You never know. It could be he wanted to be a 4, but Syracuse said hey if CDB breaks down on game 1 and Frank transfers you will be the 5 like Marek and Q said thanks but no thanks LoL!

Or could be a total failure to communicate!

JB: "Quincy if you come back I guarantee you we will be in the starting five."

Quincy thought he said he is guaranteed to start at the five and leave.

Last edited:
I’m posting in this thread because it’s high up on the board, not because I think this is true of Q, but the participation trophy mentality is starting to control the sport.

I’m not saying that players don’t deserve the freedom to move around, but most will opt for néw surroundings than rather fight through adversity.

He wants to be a 3. Syracuse needs him to be a 4. It's probably as simple as that.
Yeah...this makes sense. He’s got no shot at the pros as a “4”. He or his handlers want to showcase his ability as a “3”.

My understanding is that these Canadian players tend to be more “kept” men than their American counterparts because there are fewer of them.

It would not shock me if Q had less say in this situation than you would think.

He will be a pro this year, I don’t see any reason this young man goes to school beyond this past year.
Too much money out there, especially with a Canadian Passport as has been pointed out in the past.
Might be wrong, stars may align in a different order, but at 22 years old he should go pro and get paid.
Add in all the injuries and it’s a no brainer !
If he does end up pro i will root for him

It sounds like he’s coming back to college. He’s down to four schools to transfer to. He’s zoomed with all of them. The focus seems to be with returning to college and not the NBA. If you’re confident going pro, I don’t see putting all the time in speaking to colleges.

Exactly, no one is acting badly here. Jb had to protect his program and Q is looking out for his future.
The players shouldn’t be pressured.
If we told Q we were replacing him then in essence we moved on from him.
I think players should have the right to enter the draft and not worry about their schools moving on from them.

Jimmy Jr. is not worth telling moving on from Q for.
This is where I can’t defend the action.
Swider in essence replaced AG.
Not being able to wait for Q is not protecting the school.
Since we only play 7 guys anyway. Again I have said this there are players still available now. Maybe you think they aren’t as good as Jimmy or maybe they are. However we didn’t want to wait for Q. Now that he is looking at other schools and not pro basketball that is garbage.

JB chose to move on. He wanted Jimmy Jr.
If Q came back would Jimmy even play?

I think players should have the right to enter the draft and not worry about their schools moving on from them.

Since we only play 7 guys anyway. Again I have said this there players still available now. Maybe you think they aren’t as good as Jimmy or maybe they are. However we didn’t want to wait for Q. Now that he is looking at other schools and not pro basketball that is garbage.

If Q came back, he would have starter’s minutes without any question. Benny, Cole and Jimmy Jr. would split the remaining 45 minutes. Cole and Benny would have the bulk of those minutes.

I’m posting in this thread because it’s high up on the board, not because I think this is true of Q, but the participation trophy mentality is starting to control the sport.

I’m not saying that players don’t deserve the freedom to move around, but most will opt for néw surroundings than rather fight through adversity.
People leave their jobs for lots of reasons; No path to advancement, better opportunities elsewhere, they made a bad decision and need to move on, don’t feel appreciated, don’t like the environment or their coworkers... Sometimes people leave just because they’re feeling stagnant and want to start over.

If anything it’s not college athletes that have changed. People are more willing to switch jobs now than they were 30 years ago. Why should we expect scholarship athletes be different? And why would we think less of them for seeking a better or at least a new opportunity?

Last edited:

Since we only play 7 guys anyway. Again I have said this there players still available now. Maybe you think they aren’t as good as Jimmy or maybe they are. However we didn’t want to wait for Q. Now that he is looking at other schools and not pro basketball that is garbage.

so you expected JB to wait until as late as July on Q’s decision? And what if come July Q decided to stay in the draft? Then what? It’s not JBs fault, nor Qs, that the decision date is July and not the typical May.

so you expected JB to wait until as late as July on Q’s decision? And what if come July Q decided to stay in the draft? Then what? It’s not JBs fault, nor Qs, that the decision date is July and not the typical May.
Yeah because it really appears like it’s going to be till July.
But okay make that post because the status quo is always right.

If Q came back, he would have starter’s minutes without any question. Benny, Cole and Jimmy Jr. would split the remaining 45 minutes. Cole and Benny would have the bulk of those minutes.
The bulk of the minutes is 30mpg.
You think between Benny and Swider the other 40 would have been split.
That would mean Jimmy would have been deep bench.
I don’t think Q was getting 30mpg once we made the moves we made.

Yeah because it really appears like it’s going to be till July.
But okay make that post because the status quo is always right.

We don’t know when any kid will withdraw. All I said is the deadline is in July and it is typically May, which is a fact. You going to deny that fact?

The bulk of the minutes is 30mpg.
You think between Benny and Swider the other 40 would have been split.
That would mean Jimmy would have been deep bench.
I don’t think Q was getting 30mpg once we made the moves we made.

if Q doesn’t announce for the nba my money is on Jimmy not coming here.

I view Swider as the QG replacement, not Jimmy. Jimmy is probably going to have a similar role to Marek.

I also think there's some disagreement on how QG's camp wanted him used and how JB was going to use him very much similar to how Oshae was used when he was here.

Being used as a traditional 4 isn't going to get anyone paid in the NBA these days.

We don’t know when any kid will withdraw. All I said is the deadline is in July and it is typically May, which is a fact. You going to deny that fact?
Your statement mixed facts and with an opinion.

Your post contains some facts but the opinion is not factual.

I view Swider as the QG replacement, not Jimmy. Jimmy is probably going to have a similar role to Marek.

I also think there's some disagreement on how QG's camp wanted him used and how JB was going to use him very much similar to how Oshae was used when he was here.

Being used as a traditional 4 isn't going to get anyone paid in the NBA these days.
If he ends up playing college basketball somewhere else, I think the coaches will sell him on being a perimeter player, but quickly resort to having him play as he did here. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see him guarding 3’s. And, one of his huge strengths is his rebounding.

Yeah...this makes sense. He’s got no shot at the pros as a “4”. He or his handlers want to showcase his ability as a “3”.

My understanding is that these Canadian players tend to be more “kept” men than their American counterparts because there are fewer of them.

It would not shock me if Q had less say in this situation than you would think.

Agreed - his game and skillset isn't going to change in a different uniform.

If he wants to "showcase" himself he should go to the G-league, other coaches would use him like JB did.

If he ends up playing college basketball somewhere else, I think the coaches will sell him on being a perimeter player, but quickly resort to having him play as he did here. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see him guarding 3’s. And, one of his huge strengths is his rebounding.
Yup...and he cant dribble to save his life

Your statement mixed facts and with an opinion.

Your post contains some facts but the opinion is not factual.

did it? What was my opinion?

Agreed - his game and skillset isn't going to change in a different uniform.

If he wants to "showcase" himself he should go to the G-league, other coaches would use him like JB did.

Q, Benny and Swider. Who’s playing the 4?

Q, Benny and Swider. Who’s playing the 4?

Swider is our 4 now. Seeing how JB values shooting more than ever I think QG would have seen minutes cut if he stayed. This seems if anything to be somewhat of a mutual decision between both parties?

Swider is our 4 now. Seeing how JB values shooting more than ever I think QG would have seen minutes cut if he stayed. This seems if anything to be somewhat of a mutual decision between both parties?

im asking as if Q never announced for the nba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom