Quotes from Michigan State's forum | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quotes from Michigan State's forum

My favorite part in the hours after these games where we shut teams down is all these nerds on message boards and twitter talking about “these coaches don’t know how to attack a zone correctly”.

Yeah, buddy. That’s what it is. High level D-1 coaches don’t “know how to attack a zone correctly” and you do. That’s all it is. Attacking a zone “correctly”. Go play some more 2K and think you know something nobody else does. Nerds.

One of the best posts ever.
Congrats and thanks.

Pre-game

(From a Duke fan on their forum)

Game thread – First half

Game Thread – Second half

Post-game[/QUOTE]

That’s what got me too, gimmick. It’s not a gimmick. This is what Cuse specializes in. Their offense is atrocious but their defense is top notch.

Great post!!

I was wondering what MSU fans were thinking, the guy I watched with said "If you didn't like Syracuse or MSU there would be no reason to watch this game, it's awful." He also said he lost all respect for Izzo because he wouldn't attack the rim after we got in foul trouble. Can't disagree on either count and now we have proof we weren't alone.

If I were an MSU fan I'd be freaking outraged at the coaching and the crazy disparity in the sheer number of bench players between the teams that should have given MSU every advantage (but didn't).

Thanks, that was a fun read. You probably put more work into that post than I have in 11,000+ combined.
I'm starting to get embarrassed by how many of you guys are liking that post. :oops:

These MSU posts cracked me up. Fans are the same everywhere. Love the one that said, "there isn't enough Valium on Earth for watching this team". And their team came into the game having lost just 4 games this season. Amazing so many MSU fans expressing that Izzo can't win the big ones in March. Funny.

This thread is great. Too bad none of them can understand that Boeheim isn't suddenly lucky running the zone,it is intentional. Not saying that MSU was destined to win, the game must be played. Yet,with the horses to run,the bodies to bruise,shooters that love the three, decent ball handling, etc., on paper, MSU should have walked away with this game. The zone is a very effective defense when run correctly. It is not a gimmick. Occam's razor indicates the simple solution is usually the right one, a la, Boeheim's zone is very difficult to master by opposing offenses.

Maybe SU2NASA is right, MSU students can't get into UM.

These MSU posts cracked me up. Fans are the same everywhere. Love the one that said, "there isn't enough Valium on Earth for watching this team". And their team came into the game having lost just 4 games this season. Amazing so many MSU fans expressing that Izzo can't win the big ones in March. Funny.
So ridiculous. The fiery little guy's teams have outperformed their seeds to a greater extent than any other coach.

I was wondering what MSU fans were thinking, the guy I watched with said "If you didn't like Syracuse or MSU there would be no reason to watch this game, it's awful." He also said he lost all respect for Izzo because he wouldn't attack the rim after we got in foul trouble. Can't disagree on either count and now we have proof we weren't alone.

If I were an MSU fan I'd be freaking outraged at the coaching and the crazy disparity in the sheer number of bench players between the teams that should have given MSU every advantage (but didn't).

From what I read, MSU does not have a driving team, more transition and outside shooting than guys that can go to the rim. Plus, they didn't have a guy that could post at the charity stripe and knock down 10-12 footers locking down the middle and forcing Chucwu/Sidibe to stay home instead of trapping down low (kind of like our own Orange,but at least we have legitimate excuses in that we have 4 healthy players and three injured guys for our main rotation).

I just don't see the talent disparity between the two teams. I don't think we are that talented relative to vintage Cuse teams but I certainly dont see even 1 NBA starter on that MSU team. Bridges is going to be a rotation guy at best. he's not that athletic and not big enough to play down low. too slow to play the 3...brissett abused him all game...if brissett was a better finisher, he'd have had 30 on him

My favorite part in the hours after these games where we shut teams down is all these nerds on message boards and twitter talking about “these coaches don’t know how to attack a zone correctly”.

Yeah, buddy. That’s what it is. High level D-1 coaches don’t “know how to attack a zone correctly” and you do. That’s all it is. Attacking a zone “correctly”. Go play some more 2K and think you know something nobody else does. Nerds.
So many know-it-all Monday morning quarterbacks who know nothing about basketball and are utterly clueless about the Cuse zone defense. It ain’t no gimmick!

Hopefully that second half is an indication that Battle is back.

They had more bodies but the two best players i saw in that game were Oshae Brissett and Tyus Battle.
I’m confused by this post. How does battle playing great increase the odds of him coming back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom