Quotes from Michigan State's forum | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quotes from Michigan State's forum

This thread will live in infamy...

Like the boneyard thread or the rutgers perennial dumpster fire thread on the fball board...

When we play them again, it will be dusted off and we'll all get some more good laughs.

Well done by the OP.

This thread is great. Too bad none of them can understand that Boeheim isn't suddenly lucky running the zone,it is intentional. Not saying that MSU was destined to win, the game must be played. Yet,with the horses to run,the bodies to bruise,shooters that love the three, decent ball handling, etc., on paper, MSU should have walked away with this game. The zone is a very effective defense when run correctly. It is not a gimmick. Occam's razor indicates the simple solution is usually the right one, a la, Boeheim's zone is very difficult to master by opposing offenses.

Maybe SU2NASA is right, MSU students can't get into UM.
JB is an original analytical. He ran out a stat during an interview yesterday that guys shooting against the zone in the FT line area are shooting 22%.
The guy knows the percentages.
It's all by design.

I did not participate in it or read the "game thread" after the BC loss for example, but I am guessing there was some pretty good "stuff" in there, too.

Dopey fans everywhere and the NCAAT brings out the best in them.

Well done!! Thank you for that, it was exceptionally entertaining.

There were lots of gems, my two favorites.

"Cuse has a walk-on playing that has only played 11 minutes this season"

"Explain to me how everyone in Syracuse is in foul trouble, yet they’ve shot a billion more free throws than us" [I felt the same way after the game, wait, what? We shot twice as many free throws as them????]

JB is an original analytical. He ran out a stat during an interview yesterday that guys shooting against the zone in the FT line area are shooting 22%.
It's all by design.

That stat is "in my 42 years here". He must have been keeping that stat in 1976!

It's all by design.

He made up that stat. He said as much in the presser right after he put that 22% figure out there.

That was one heck of a read, thanks for taking the time to do it.

I know if SU was 30-4 and lost to a 22-13 team with a struggling offense we'd be saying the same kind of stuff.

Maybe, but...we did lose to 11 seed Marquette in the 2nd round in 2011. I think all of us knew they could possibly beat us, and while they weren’t as good of a program as us they were a tough program and tough matchup, and many were irritated that the selection committee put a good team and conference rival like that in our path in just the second round.

I’m getting the impression that Michigan State fans didn’t have nearly as much respect for a peer program with a hall of fame coach that has owned them head to head and has been a very tough out in March this decade, as they should’ve.

He made up that stat. He said as much in the presser right after he put that 22% figure out there.

Matt Park said that both he and Jimmy Satalin, after hearing that, agreed that JB pulled that one out from where the sun don't shine.

It's all by design.

It's amazing the media and coaches and even some of our fans don't realize this..he has data of every year he has coached to back up his strategy of playing zone his entire career. Everyone makes it seem like beating the zone is so easy but it doesn't work that way especially in college hoops. Alot of these kids can't make certain shots regularly under game pressure situations. This is not the NBA where the foul line jumper or 10-15 footer is made regularly and JB knows it. Yes there is a way to try and break down the zone that pretty much every team that plays us tries to do and when a team gets hot against us it can make our zone look pretty bad or sometimes we have major break downs creating good looks for teams but when we are playing the way we are now it's all gravy and JB is just playing the odds. Not sure why that isn't talked about more from national media about how GOOD our defense is. Instead it's just a gimmick. Adios here!!

And I'm not saying the 22% stat is true...just that JB does know what teams over his career probably shoot from there.

From what I read, MSU does not have a driving team, more transition and outside shooting than guys that can go to the rim. Plus, they didn't have a guy that could post at the charity stripe and knock down 10-12 footers locking down the middle and forcing Chucwu/Sidibe to stay home instead of trapping down low (kind of like our own Orange,but at least we have legitimate excuses in that we have 4 healthy players and three injured guys for our main rotation).
Crazy thing is, they did. Bridges! Or Jackson if Izzo had any faith in him.

And I'm not saying the 22% stat is true...just that JB does know what teams over his career probably shoot from there.
I think he generally has an inate (and pretty accurate) sense of what the numbers would reveal, but not necessarily the hard data to absolutely confirm it.

Here's another one (about Howard's foul): No contact...except for the s e xual assault

Unbelievably ignorant comment from someone at Michigan State.
And in a similar context the one where someone pointed out that JB said the word sh t twice in a press conference. Yes from such a pious school where no one does anything at all that could be construed as oh something like covering up years of se xual abuse and pedophilia.

Pre-game

Who they want to play

Thank you. That was fun!

Pre-game

(From a Duke fan on their forum)

Game thread – First half

Game Thread – Second half

Post-game

The single best post in the history of this board ever!! All my 90,000 plus posts put together don't have as much substance as this one post!

Last edited:
29B22732-942D-4786-90FC-8F6C6D2EE733.gif
I'm starting to get embarrassed by how many of you guys are liking that post. :oops:
You shouldn’t...that post was truely legendary...enjoy the thanks from the board

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom