Rak is on the bench for the Pacers right now. | Syracusefan.com

Rak is on the bench for the Pacers right now.

NYCorange

2nd String
He's not dressed, but it's cool to see him cheering for his teammates as they take control in their first round game. Indiana's a great organization for him to be with--they're not going to be drafting super high or attracting big time free agents, so they have to succeed through incremental player development.

On a related note, the officials are letting George Hill absolutely maul Kyle Lowry, while they are calling crazy ticky-tack stuff against the Raptors on the other end... Not looking good for the Raptors right now.

He's not dressed, but it's cool to see him cheering for his teammates as they take control in their first round game. Indiana's a great organization for him to be with--they're not going to be drafting super high or attracting big time free agents, so they have to succeed through incremental player development.
Does anyone know if Rak will get a nice paycheck for something like this?? Would love to see him make a decent paycheck for the year.

MG44 said:
Does anyone know if Rak will get a nice paycheck for something like this?? Would love to see him make a decent paycheck for the year.

I am pretty sure players do not get paid for the playoffs just the regular season.

that blows, but thanks for the answer.
Rak is under contract with the Pacers so he got paid regardless of being in the d league or on an Nba roster. That's my understanding of the situation.

I am pretty sure players do not get paid for the playoffs just the regular season.
Yes, every sports franchise gives bonuses to thier players on the roster that season, that is still playing when the playoffs start. Was he on the nba roster when the playoffs started? When did they call him up from the D- league?

Yes, every sports franchise gives bonuses to thier players on the roster that season, that is still playing when the playoffs start. Was he on the nba roster when the playoffs started? When did they call him up from the D- league?

He came up for the last game or 2. Got into the last game at least, so he did play (a little).
Hopefully they give him a little something, you know - for the effort.

He came up for the last game or 2. Got into the last game at least, so he did play (a little).

He's a long hitter...that Lama!

He'll get the bonus.

That's more than maybe 5-10% of ALL SU grads will make in their entire lifetimes. In 2 years.
Nice work, Rak!

Not to mention 5 years of school. Don't know what his 5th year was in but he's close to an advanced degree in something that will obviously make him successful after basketball. Just an amazing guy.

Not to mention 5 years of school. Don't know what his 5th year was in but he's close to an advanced degree in something that will obviously make him successful after basketball. Just an amazing guy.
He didn't go to school for 5 years, did he? He graduated in 3 and then took a year post grad, so I guess that is equivalent to 5 years.

He didn't go to school for 5 years, did he? He graduated in 3 and then took a year post grad, so I guess that is equivalent to 5 years.

That's what I meant, did 5 years worth of school in 4.

Ya he graduated early, he might have been taking some courses his last year, just to keep busy.
... and to remain eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom