Random observations from Section 117 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Random observations from Section 117

you can get the scores except most of the time the wifi/cell coverage is bogged down. you also have to take your phone out and fiddle with it. so much easier if the provide the score.. in addition it builds buzz in the bldg when other scores are shown/mentioned when they are relevevent.

i agree showing highlights from other games is a missing feature and will kill so much dead time. make it a fan experience to show stuff we are missing by actually buying tickets. if nothing else show the ACC stuff. im sure there is a money concern for making the whole thing so bad. at least explain it instead of just ignoring it.

They could get the oohs and aahs from the highlights.

there are several easy ways to get scores, why bother to contract the score gathering out. tell them to pay the board and we can provide the information at half the cost..

It's common practice for schools to use work-study students to keep track of scores and input them. It's cheap and effective.

Not sure why SU feels the need to reinvent the wheel.

with about 15 min worth of coding you could get the same effect for free and it would require zero people to make it run.

I believe that the "out of town scores" feature is contracted out, and isn't done by Dome or ISP employees. I'll try to get confirmation from my source later this week. But you're right, between posting stupid tweets and old/inconsequential scores those corner ribbon boards are a complete waste.
I know that at the time of installation & training of the new Daktronics equipment, that SU chose not to invest in their out-of-town-scores software module.

I don't hate the DJ, I hate the 100% hip hop. Mix it up for everyone.

Old stale ac/dc is wayyyyyyy better than stale GNR, sexy and I know it, party anthem etc.

Bring bac the tomahawk chop for kickoffs!!!!!

I liked the Horn and the DJ was cool, got the students fired up! & WE NEED THE 3RD DOWN BELL, I COULDN'T BELIEVE WE WEREN'T USING IT?! Who can I email about voicing my opinion about the third down bell? Also I agree where is the intro video to get everyone pumped up? And I feel like the music being played on the speakers could have been louder, cause I know they were louder in the past.

I liked the Horn and the DJ was cool, got the students fired up! & WE NEED THE 3RD DOWN BELL, I COULDN'T BELIEVE WE WEREN'T USING IT?! Who can I email about voicing my opinion about the third down bell? Also I agree where is the intro video to get everyone pumped up? And I feel like the music being played on the speakers could have been louder, cause I know they were louder in the past.
There was an intro video. It featured a locomotive with 44 and the Elmira express down the side, and OZZY's crazy train for music. Got me totally fired up. Then team ran out to smoke and train whistle.

There was an intro video. It featured a locomotive with 44 and the Elmira express down the side, and OZZY's crazy train for music. Got me totally fired up. Then team ran out to smoke and train whistle.

My bad! I actually had something going on before the game so I got there later then I wanted and was walking in as that video was ending! Can not wait to see it next weekend.

My bad! I actually had something going on before the game so I got there later then I wanted and was walking in as that video was ending! Can not wait to see it next weekend.

Arrived late and left early, eh? ;)

What exactly is the DJ? What's different from the regular guy playing music? You make it sound like skrillex is in the middle of the student section holding a magnum of champagne.

What exactly is the DJ? What's different from the regular guy playing music? You make it sound like skrillex is in the middle of the student section holding a magnum of champagne.

There is an actual DJ spinning records in front of the student section. They showed him on the video screens a bunch of times. I'm pretty sure he use to be in Run DMC. I'm hoping he busts out a little "Wicky, Wicky, Wicky - wick wick" during the Tulane game.

Last edited:
There is an actually DJ spinning records in front of the student section. They showed him on the video screens a bunch of times. I'm pretty sure he use to be in Run DMC. I'm hoping he busts out a little "Wicky, Wicky, Wicky - wick wick" during the Tulane game.
I'm hoping not. ;)

You make it sound like skrillex is in the middle of the student section holding a magnum of champagne.

lol. Actually thats exactly what we're talking about.

More cowbell?

Ok, one gripe about tickets. We are in an upper section that fans out (in the corner). We're down low in the section and the row in front of our season tickets has only 4 seats in it. We inquired about buying up the 4 as season tickets (before the deadline) but were told they were already sold. So the first game comes around and we find out that the people sitting there bought them as single game tickets.

I need to see a picture of this haha.
I tried to find one when I responded to your post. Its literally a live DJ in the middle of the student section. haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom