Ranked #18 now | Syracusefan.com

Ranked #18 now

How does UConn move up with two losses in a row and Georgetown move up 20+ at 1-3??

They have us losing to both Wisconsin and Georgetown in their computer model.

How does UConn move up with two losses in a row and Georgetown move up 20+ at 1-3??

UConn moved up from 61 to 41, so according to the model they were overrated in the polls. GT - from 62 to 38. The Radford loss obviously got them to 62, but they beat Wisconsin. Their 2 close losses to Maryland and Duke - and Yukon's to us and Zags - seems to explain the rise for both.

We moved up from 34 to 18 - less than either UC or GT. Interesting they had us that high already, and they project SOS at 12 with overall record 19.67 - 10.33.

I wish we could ban any 'ranking prediction threads.' So dumb. We're better than that. JV stuff.

Just because you don't like it, it's not dumb. I like working with rankings -- its just a way to pass time at times, like a puzzle. And you also have to understand how the each of the rankings are calculated, and what they are good / not good at, to analyze it. Be it KenPom, AP, filling a bracket.

Come on man -- you are better than that. Coming from somebody who appreciates your view on the national scope.

Just because you don't like it, it's not dumb. I like working with rankings -- its just a way to pass time at times, like a puzzle. And you also have to understand how the each of the rankings are calculated, and what they are good / not good at, to analyze it. Be it KenPom, AP, filling a bracket.

Come on man -- you are better than that. Coming from somebody who appreciates your view on the national scope.

I am, huh? I mean Syracuse in terms of the 'Where we will be ranked come Mon' in the AP/Coaches. That's amateur hour. I do like KenPom and other numbers-based analytics/polls.

dasher said:
If only there was a way for you not to have to view the posts in a thread like that...

If only he was on the pay side...it recognizes what you don't like and auto blocks it for you...

:crazy: Call me dumb as a rock but I looked at that and just don't get it ... period. Personally I would rather see SU (don't beat me) unranked and play like they have something to prove as they have been ... then we can say Ha Ha that's what you get for not ranking us. The true test isn't in the rankings... and our wins have been great ... but it's when we head to the ACC games.

Now as far as rankings? UConn should fall out of top 20 because they lost 2 in a row and b/c they are UConn. aTm was only ranked 25 ... but with victory over Gonzaga they might just stay around 25. Just imo.

:crazy: Call me dumb as a rock but I looked at that and just don't get it ... period. Personally I would rather see SU (don't beat me) unranked and play like they have something to prove as they have been ... then we can say Ha Ha that's what you get for not ranking us. The true test isn't in the rankings... and our wins have been great ... but it's when we head to the ACC games.

Now as far as rankings? UConn should fall out of top 20 because they lost 2 in a row and b/c they are UConn. aTm was only ranked 25 ... but with victory over Gonzaga they might just stay around 25. Just imo.

That kinda makeS sense, except rankings May have something to do with attracting top-level recruits and the making of tv schedules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom