RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

The later we get in summer the more these Transfer Portal Heroes will realize they severely misjudged the market and will go crawling back to their “old” teams tail between their legs.

Not sure if schools are obligated to honor scholarships post portal but there will def be a lot of hard feelings and damaged relationships.

I would love Jordan & Kpogba to return but would rather take back the scholarship for most of our portal entrants

The later we get in summer the more these Transfer Portal Heroes will realize they severely misjudged the market and will go crawling back to their “old” teams tail between their legs.

Not sure if schools are obligated to honor scholarships post portal but there will def be a lot of hard feelings and damaged relationships.

I would love Jordan & Kpogba to return but would rather take back the scholarship for most of our portal entrants

they are not obligated.

they are not obligated.
Fantastic. I guess we may need to take some guys back just because we need bodies but hopefully we can trim some fat through this process

And they shouldn't be - the player is putting themselves back on the market to be recruited.
Or they told them to transfer, in which case they are definitely not coming back.

can someone summarize? what school is he transferring to?
Supposedly Louisville. But he hasn't shown up on the campus yet. Llandz was the poster close to his family and situation, but she got upset with a few other posters here that were making assumptions about why he transfered and where. Hope she comes back to let us know how he's doing.

Supposedly Louisville. But he hasn't shown up on the campus yet. Llandz was the poster close to his family and situation, but she got upset with a few other posters here that were making assumptions about why he transfered and where. Hope she comes back to let us know how he's doing.
I wonder if he might be coming back. At this point we have i believe 5 or more kids in the portal that have as of last week not announced a new school

I wonder if he might be coming back. At this point we have i believe 5 or more kids in the portal that have as of last week not announced a new school
They have to have been taking courses somewhere.

Maintaining Eligibility​

After being recruited to play college sports this is where athletes will hear the terms “continuing eligibility” and “progress toward degree” which means that student-athletes need to stay on track in order to maintain progress toward a baccalaureate or equivalent degree to stay eligible to at the NCAA level.

Student athletes at the NCAA division I and division II level are required to complete a certain percentage of their degree each year they are enrolled in college. If requirements are not met the student-athlete will be in violation of NCAA Scholarship Rules and could be in jeopardy of losing their athletic scholarship.

Last edited:
They have to have been taking courses somewhere.

Maintaining Eligibility​

After being recruited to play college sports this is where athletes will hear the terms “continuing eligibility” and “progress toward degree” which means that student-athletes need to stay on track in order to maintain progress toward a baccalaureate or equivalent degree to stay eligible to at the NCAA level.

Student athletes at the NCAA division I and division II level are required to complete a certain percentage of their degree each year they are enrolled in college. If requirements are not met the student-athlete will be in violation of NCAA Scholarship Rules and could be in jeopardy of losing their athletic scholarship.
Could be at SU? summer classes?

Warning: An overly elaborate and potentially politically incorrect post, but in a "not that there's anything wrong with it" way.

It galls me that JJ is leaving after the work done (by all parties) to get him here. His exiting SU for arguably less greener pastures, combined with the flashes he's shown reminded me of what my mother used to say about a really handsome gay man: "What a waste."

Warning: An overly elaborate and potentially politically incorrect post, but in a "not that there's anything wrong with it" way.

It galls me that JJ is leaving after the work done (by all parties) to get him here. His exiting SU for arguably less greener pastures, combined with the flashes he's shown reminded me of what my mother used to say about a really handsome gay man: "What a waste."
What might be a waste fer yer Mum, might be a bonus for Dad.. .lol

If he requires the OL to be at a certain level for success? Would excel more in a system with less up the middle? Not a great system fit? Maybe they asked him to move to slot, and he's certain he's a better RB than WR?

I'm thinking he's square peg, round hole right now. Be a shame if he doesn't land somewhere he can excel. I believe he's a P5 caliber RB. We shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom