RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

All I will say is that 99% of the above comments are wrong. You are making assumptions about both the player and the coaching staff and their plans and not one of these assumptions is correct. Not only are they wrong, but if you took the time to read your posts from the standpoint of the players reading your posts or their families reading them, it is surprising that we don't loose a lot of other players. Yes, players should not read these type of posts, but they do, and you all need to be more sensitive to their feelings and mental health.
Think Naomi Osaka. Players play their sport because they have a tremendous skill set, not just to entertain you or to make you happy off of the field of play. Hopefully if left to their natural abilities they will make you happy by that alone.
The news of where he is going may be premature as it has not been officially and publicly announced. But trust me that he will be someplace where he will be showcasing his skills and will get a great education (for those of you who worried about that). When all is public, I may comment more, but seriously, you don't own any of the players and you have no say in what they chose to do with their lives, and the same with the coaching staff.
Actually I probably will not post any more on this subject. I am pretty disgusted at this point.

Idk, usually I agree with these types of posts but honestly, I haven’t seen too many comments in this thread that would make me feel “disgusted”. End of the day, this is a fan forum. Fans come here to discuss their favorite team, good, bad, ugly. A few comments about him not fitting, or being too small, or not being an every down back, doesn’t seem like a personal attack, just opinion. Nothing so out of bounds, besides a few that had a “good riddance” mentality. I wish Jordan the best, at whatever school he ends up playing at (outside of Rutgers) but if the forum was filled with a bunch of “fare well and good luck” posts, what would be the point?

Be respectful, at the end of the day they are just kids but this is a discussion board... sooo, some things being discussed will clash with you, your opinion, and sometimes, personal relationships. Doesn’t mean the posts are “disgusting”.

and saying “its surprising we don’t lose more players”? I take exception to that. I think our fan base is filled with a lot of passionate people, who are extremely respectful and supportive. Yes, there are jerks, but find me a fan base anywhere that doesn’t. In comparison to others, I think we’re pretty tame.

I appreciate that you are close to the situation but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a discussion, even if you don’t agree with it. I respect you as a poster, you’ve been here a long time and I’ve been reading for a long time, so this isn’t a shot at you but I think you should just mute the whole thread.

For ex. "no way he would not have been a starter" You don't know that. I do know things. I can't post them, but this is an incorrect statement and potentially an insulting statement. There are so many incorrect statements on here. And I have to say I am laughing at all of them. I only know his mother, but know the entire story including how the coaches reacted to him leaving, how they intended to use him this season, why he left, how he was advised, etc. This is an incredibly savvy family. Not a bunch of hot heads. This is exactly the type of post I am talking about.
And with that, I am out. Alsacs gets it. Thank you.

oh okay. So moving forward, posters should only post if they have concrete understanding of the situation? They have talked to the parents, the coaching staff, the player and they are fully in the know, otherwise they could get it wrong potentially hurt someone’s feelings? Lmao ok...

Going to be a quiet forum.

I said that he *could* be a playmaker. That's the very definition of allowing for potential development.
I also said that I'd much rather have him than lose him. Just that I don't think losing him is going to tank the season.
Cool, then why list his stats? He played 9 quarters. It’s not about wanting him to stay or go. It’s about not putting caps on players. Development still plays a major role. Nothing that I saw in his limited touches indicates what type of player he will be 3 or 4 years from now.

Bottom line, just like with Kadary on BB side - we will never know all of the reasons he chose to transfer and that's ok. We come at things from a very pro-syracuse perspective and any kid or anyone close to the kid should understand. No lines were crossed in this thread. If he wants the news out there on specifics, there are ways for him to correct the record.

I'll root for him to be successful wherever he ends up, but not in our game vs Louisville if he ends up there. That's it, the whole thing.

*One item of note, just like this season being important to Dino's future here, Satterfield has been unhappy there. I'd bet big this is his last season.

Cool, then why list his stats? He played 9 quarters. It’s not about wanting him to stay or go. It’s about not putting caps on players. Development still plays a major role. Nothing that I saw in his limited touches indicates what type of player he will be 3 or 4 years from now.
I listed the stats because I was directly responding to a poster who said he was a playmaker. My point, which I didn't think was terribly controversial, is that he *may* be a playmaker, someday, but he hasn't been to this point in his career. So to your comment that you've seen "nothing" to indicate what type of player he'll be years from now... precisely... that's why calling him a playmaker now is premature.

I listed the stats because I was directly responding to a poster who said he was a playmaker. My point, which I didn't think was terribly controversial, is that he *may* be a playmaker, someday, but he hasn't been to this point in his career. So to your comment that you've seen "nothing" to indicate what type of player he'll be years from now... precisely... that's why calling him a playmaker now is premature.

Agreed - "potential playmaker" is much more apt.

He had "flashes" of "something that could snowball and catch on fire" and a lot of "want to".

And he had some insane highlights from HS.

But other than the one big play against Llvll, he didn't do much during his time here.
Which is a shame, since I was one of the all-in fans who thought he was gonna light it up for us.

Wishing him all the best, except for any games we play against him.

He didn’t want to be here? The dude committed in high school then went to Jr college and still ended up coming here after others came in hot for him.

It just didn’t work out. Now let’s crush Louisville and every other team on our schedule this year
Well I would think the fact he's transferring would indicate he no longer wants to be here...who cares about his recruitment. I would think all of our recruits are geeked up to come here - that's why they committed in the first place, and most of them don't transfer after a year let alone transfer to a division rival.

Last edited:
Their job is supposed to be they are a lifeline for fans to athletes. That isn’t the case anymore.
Athletes can communicate with their fans without the media nowadays.
I rarely watch sports anymore. It’s become brutal.

But I disagree with you that the sports media is “supposed to be a lifeline for fans to athletes” and for athletes to communicate with fans. The sports media should be a source of insight, knowledge and perspective to observe sports and athletes and add depth to the understanding of the events. They are not simply an megaphone for athletes to say whatever the hell they want.

That said, most of the sports media falls way short of that role.

I rarely watch sports anymore. It’s become brutal.

But I disagree with you that the sports media is “supposed to be a lifeline for fans to athletes” and for athletes to communicate with fans. The sports media should be a source of insight, knowledge and perspective to observe sports and athletes and add depth to the understanding of the events. They are not simply an megaphone for athletes to say whatever the hell they want.

That said, most of the sports media falls way short of that role.
Imagine how boring sports would be if the only information fans got was press releases from organizations and whatever players wanted to put on Twitter or Instagram. Nobody would be held to account for anything and we wouldn’t have those amazing long form human interest stories or books.

Agreed - "potential playmaker" is much more apt.

He had "flashes" of "something that could snowball and catch on fire" and a lot of "want to".

And he had some insane highlights from HS.

But other than the one big play against Llvll, he didn't do much during his time here.
Which is a shame, since I was one of the all-in fans who thought he was gonna light it up for us.

Wishing him all the best, except for any games we play against him.
I was reading and felt compelled to reply. Look at Gus Edwards at Rutgers and Miami. He averaged about 250-300 yards each year at Miami and then had 700 at Rutgers. Not blowing anyone's minds. He then turned that into a pretty decent career at Baltimore and he has done pretty well for himself.

I was reading and felt compelled to reply. Look at Gus Edwards at Rutgers and Miami. He averaged about 250-300 yards each year at Miami and then had 700 at Rutgers. Not blowing anyone's minds. He then turned that into a pretty decent career at Baltimore and he has done pretty well for himself.
Yeah and for every Gus Edwards there is a Drew Allen or Robert Washington, more like 100 of them. Bottom line... We have no idea how JJ's career is going to turn out.

Yeah and for every Gus Edwards there is a Drew Allen or Robert Washington, more like 100 of them. Bottom line... We have no idea how JJ's career is going to turn out.
We don't, but the school he transfers to will tell a lot about how he is viewed. If it's Louisville, that's nothing like the Robert Washington tour.

OK, so - Did Jawhar ever officially transfer out, and end up at Llvll??

It was mentioned here, that that was what he was going to do.
But, I don't ever recall seeing that he actually HAD officially done it?

Or, did I just miss it?

I did a google search, and found nada.

Looks like he deleted his Twitter. I hope he is alright.
He worked so hard to graduate early after having those eligibility problems out of HS.

Agree. Hope all is well and JJ finds a good school where he can get some playing time and continue to pursue his education. He has waited so long to get a real chance to play. He deserves that chance.

He worked so hard to graduate early after having those eligibility problems out of HS.

Agree. Hope all is well and JJ finds a good school where he can get some playing time and continue to pursue his education. He has waited so long to get a real chance to play. He deserves that chance.

I wish it could still be here. If Adams and Howard could come back, and Jordan graduated early, it can't be a question of eligibility. Hopefully he either finds a landing spot or finds his way back to us.

This is one of the more curious cases of our transfers.

think he’s the only one that hasn’t officially announced a landing spot if I’m not mistaken?

wish him the best, but from an outside vantage point it would be appear there are some issues and circumstances here.

Looks like he deleted his Twitter. I hope he is alright.
I seem to recall that he did this after he committed and then didn't make it to campus. Then he started a new twitter account when he made it to campus.

I seem to recall that he did this after he committed and then didn't make it to campus. Then he started a new twitter account when he made it to campus.
Doesn’t look like his new one exists either now.

Didn’t one of the Arizona posters have an inside track about this kid? I vaguely remember they tried to give an overall picture of why he transferred and where he was heading?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom