Class of 2015 - RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Jordan Fredericks (NY) Signed LOI

I could definitely see Fredericks moving to defense, maybe thats why. Like a Doug Hogue type.
Of our two commitments Fredericksburg is in my opinion definitely the faster of the two and more of a true running back. Perkins may be more of a McFarlane type, in that put him where he can most help the team based on his skills and position need. Remember McFarlane was switched to D before going back to TB.

Penn State to Pennsylvania kids is most times the gold standard offer, ie Jason Cabinda last year. Perhaps our beloved CUSE will (is) develop something similar in NY State/NYC. The right coaches, the ACC and a new winning program will get us there!
I agree with your premise and hope that we can attain that position with NYS kids. Problem with your example, however, is that Cabinda in from New Jersey ;-)

I just watched the Fredericks' tape.

He runs much like Terrell Hunt or Jerome Smith- Not particularly fast, not overwhelmingly powerful, but quite skilled at finding space and getting extra yards.

Just how good are these 2 new RB's? Weren't there other more highly sought on our list? Maybe we take a 3rd? Just seems strange we get 2 RB's before anything else and they may not even be the best in NYS.
They're from NY so they must not be very good. They aren't rated highly by the recruiting services so they can't be good. What is the staff doing? They should be in New Jersey where all the players are good.

He runs much like Terrell Hunt or Jerome Smith- Not particularly fast, not overwhelmingly powerful, but quite skilled at finding space and getting extra yards.

I disagree with you about Smith LC, I never thought he had good vision or feel for holes. Hunt yes.

I disagree with you about Smith LC, I never thought he had good vision or feel for holes. Hunt yes.

You're right. The comparison with Smith was meant to emphasize that Fredericks is an efficient runner, even if he lacks in the speed department.

They're from NY so they must not be very good. They aren't rated highly by the recruiting services so they can't be good. What is the staff doing? They should be in New Jersey where all the players are good.

Strange post

Terrell Hunt or Jerome Smith? He's much faster than both if those guys not to mention Smith and Hunt don't have similar styles.

Terrell Hunt or Jerome Smith? He's much faster than both if those guys not to mention Smith and Hunt don't have similar styles.

Did you watch the same video I did? He's not running away from anybody.

Nice pickup, RB was a huge need this class and we already have two commits and its not even May 1st. Getting an actual recruiter down there vs Moore is going to pay huge dividends.

Strange post
The point is that people on this Board have a natural tendency to disrespect NYS players. There's an assumption if they don't have multiple offers that means they aren't good. I will use Nick Robinson as an example. In a thread on the football board people weren't even including him in the discussion of who's going start at guard this year even though he started and excelled last year. He's from Bville and only had one BCS offer and I think a lot of people look down on him. If he we're from Florida and had multiple offers he wound be much more respected.
I feel you're disrespecting this kid in the same sort of way. Watch his film, he's fast and has good vision. He looks as good as any of the backs I have seen recently.

To support my point Lemoyne just compared him to Terrel Hunt! I believe it's because he's from New York. IMO this is grossly under recruited state and the players are grossly under valued.

The point is that people on this Board have a natural tendency to disrespect NYS players. There's an assumption if they don't have multiple offers that means they aren't good. I will use Nick Robinson as an example. In a thread on the football board people weren't even including him in the discussion of who's going start at guard this year even though he started and excelled last year. He's from Bville and only had one BCS offer and I think a lot of people look down on him. If he we're from Florida and had multiple offers he wound be much more respected.
I feel you're disrespecting this kid in the same sort of way. Watch his film, he's fast and has good vision. He looks as good as any of the backs I have seen recently.

To support my point Lemoyne just compared him to Terrel Hunt! I believe it's because he's from New York. IMO this is grossly under recruited state and the players are grossly under valued.

The staff is damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to NYS kids as far as this fanbase is concerned. I think that alot of familiar posters still have some lingering hurt we didn't bring in local NYS RB T. Rouse last year and now question these commits at a similiar position of need. Last year, the moaning that went on about us expanding our recruiting base to the mid-west and not moreso in NYS and the NE was epic. Now, we get NYS under-the-radar kids high on our board and the moaning continues.

Based upon what i have read, both of these players are D-1 caliber athletes. In NYS, due to lack of overall talent, most of the time your best athletes will play QB or RB on offense. That doesn't mean they will play the same position in college. Bring in program guys and athletes who can play football and the positional battle will work itself out.

Further, we aren't done at RB and some of the out of state guys everyone desires are still on the board and we will bring in another guy or two that can compete at the position.

Perkins and Fredricks to me looks like athletes who can play.

Two quality Long Island kids landed before May is good – and frankly Syracuse has had great history with Long Island kids producing. I don’t think I’d sweat the level of competition when you can see their athletic ability on the tape. They're the best athletes on the field.

Friends High School while not a massive LI public school is still located in Nassau County. It’s not like it’s up in the north country. These are Long Island kids, not like they are coming from Governuer like Leonard did.

I think Perkins’ tape is real nice. His speed, vision, jukes, cutbacks, and his size looks legit.

I must not be watching the same tape as LeMoyne – Terrel Hunt and Jerome Smith ? Say what? These kids look every bit as good as DeVante McFarlene.

The staff is damned if they do and damned if they don't when it comes to NYS kids as far as this fanbase is concerned. I think that alot of familiar posters still have some lingering hurt we didn't bring in local NYS RB T. Rouse last year and now question these commits at a similiar position of need. Last year, the moaning that went on about us expanding our recruiting base to the mid-west and not moreso in NYS and the NE was epic. Now, we get NYS under-the-radar kids high on our board and the moaning continues.

Based upon what i have read, both of these players are D-1 caliber athletes. In NYS, due to lack of overall talent, most of the time your best athletes will play QB or RB on offense. That doesn't mean they will play the same position in college. Bring in program guys and athletes who can play football and the positional battle will work itself out.

Further, we aren't done at RB and some of the out of state guys everyone desires are still on the board and we will bring in another guy or two that can compete at the position.

Can’t wait to see the bemoaning when people realize buttgers got a commitment from an ‘under the radar’ defensive tackle prospect from NYC.

Strange post
I assume it was laced with sarcasm.

I know some of you were crashing on Bleacher Report over on the football board, but stealing the sarcasm font (@sarcasm@) from Nunes would get a lot of traction here.

In NYS, due to lack of overall talent, most of the time your best athletes will play QB or RB on offense. That doesn't mean they will play the same position in college. Bring in program guys and athletes who can play football and the positional battle will work itself out.

And yeah, what he said. NYS RB's and QB's are always among the elite athletes on a given team. So let's do ourselves a favor and just think of them as ATH. Pesky distractions be gone!

Of our two commitments Fredericksburg is in my opinion definitely the faster of the two and more of a true running back. Perkins may be more of a McFarlane type, in that put him where he can most help the team based on his skills and position need. Remember McFarlane was switched to D before going back to TB.

IMHO, i thought perkins looked a bit faster at his top end then fredericks in the tape. perkins seemed a bit more shifty/lateral quickness. both seemed to see the holes well, although thats probably a lot easier in hs when they stay open longer.

Well first, I am a big supporter of the 6 hour rule, so that includes NYS. My point was that these are our first 2 commits and they are both NYS RB's. I know we have a couple higher up on the board, thus this isn't the end for RB unless others all say no to us.

Well first, I am a big supporter of the 6 hour rule, so that includes NYS. My point was that these are our first 2 commits and they are both NYS RB's. I know we have a couple higher up on the board, thus this isn't the end for RB unless others all say no to us.

Who says they're going to stay at RB?

Amen

SUFan44 said:
Who says they're going to stay at RB?

They may not. That's kind if part of my point too. I kind if see this like the QB spot the last couple years. Flood it with several players with potential and may the best man(men) win. Moving a RB is easier than moving a QB I would think however.