Class of 2014 - RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Naesean Howard West Genesee H.S.

BeYl7GbCcAAUMrH.jpg:large

NaesTheSavage Soulja ‏@LovingThemThots 1h
Cuse football players gotta stop complaining about the weather lol turn the heat up and chill. We have indoor games and practices lol

Anybody know where Howard ended up? I thought I heard he went to Wagner, but he's not showing up on their roster.

He was on the Wagner season prospectus (July 22). Not on their roster, though, as you mentioned. I guess college is not for him.

can he play this week?
I think you are joking but the answer is probably not but Maybe...? If he is fully enrolled in classes at SU which would be hard if he just came in at this stage. Maybe not impossible if he started back at classes at SU this fall, May have just got the waiver from the NCAA.

Return to Original Institution without Participation or with Minimal Participation Exception:
A student-athlete may transfer and play immediately if the student transferred to a second school and returns to his or her original school either without practicing or competing in athletics at all, except for one 14-day period (i.e. a tryout). Athletes may do this even if they were originally required to sit out for one year.

No stats at Wagner.

Interesting. If he can play and is in physical condition to play, makes sense to get him on the field ASAP. He redshirted effectively in 2014, so this year would be a complete throwaway if he doesn't play.

plus he'll probably be playing for Campbell next year.

Probably wishful thinking but that would be nice. :D Although I'm really warming up to Todd Monken.

So . . . was he reinstated? And if so how does he figure in to the numbers game?

So . . . was he reinstated? And if so how does he figure in to the numbers game?

I would assume... He pops up in their Snap Chats all the time. So he's either reinstated, or just remains buddy buddy with his old teammates.

I would assume... He pops up in their Snap Chats all the time. So he's either reinstated, or just remains buddy buddy with his old teammates.
Yeah. Not included in the Fishes and Loaves thread. May be more player movement than we know about.

he is in the student directory, listed as a sophomore. So, at least he is still a student. will be interesting to see if Dino and crew want him on the team, I would think they would, but who knows??

he is in the student directory, listed as a sophomore. So, at least he is still a student. will be interesting to see if Dino and crew want him on the team, I would think they would, but who knows??
Wow, that is really interesting otherwise it is costing him $ 50,000 plus a year to attend there and I think he does not have the resources to foot the bill.

Wow, that is really interesting otherwise it is costing him $ 50,000 plus a year to attend there and I think he does not have the resources to foot the bill.

Maybe 50 grand for the 1 percent but many attend for a lot lot lot less......

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman 2m2 minutes ago
Source: Former Syracuse safety Naesean Howard was told by Director of Ops. Brad Wittke that he won't be accepted as a walk-on this spring.

Wittke did tell Howard that he might be given a chance to join workouts or try out over the summer, per source.

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman 2m2 minutes ago
Source: Former Syracuse safety Naesean Howard was told by Director of Ops. Brad Wittke that he won't be accepted as a walk-on this spring.

Wittke did tell Howard that he might be given a chance to join workouts or try out over the summer, per source.
I guess the suspension or whatever is still in effect until the end of the school year.