Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolverine Sports Now‏@WolverineSN 13h13 hours ago
Michigan Wolverine Recruiting: Robert Washington (RB) 2016 Prospect http://dlvr.it/8YSvK0

Free Article...

Michigan Wolverine Recruiting: Robert Washington (RB) 2016 Prospect
by Eroc Wolverine 14h ago

GBMWolverine Michigan Football Recruiting

Posted at 4:00pm — 2/14/2015
Michigan Wolverine Recruiting: Robert Washington (RB) 2016 Prospect

Robert Washington, a 2016 running back prospect from Huntersville, North Carolina and plays for Southlake Christian Academy high school and has interest in Michigan.

Washington has been taking a low profile on who he might be favoring or even looking at during this recruiting period. As of right now he has over thirty-five scholarship offers to play college football.

More From 2016 Michigan Recruiting
Washington hasn’t released a top ten list yet, but has put out two names so far in North Carolina (his hometown school), and Pitt. He looks to add a couple of schools each Sunday until he decides on the school he plans to attend college next year. He is planning on announcing his decision sometime in March. Look for teams like Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland, TCU, and Tennessee make his top ten list.
One thing he mentioned is he doesn’t want to go to a program that is loaded with running backs or a program that already has a running back commit. He did say he isn’t against another running back in the class, but he prefers to be the main target so you would think that a program like Ohio State would be eliminated since they already have a highly recruited running back who has verbally committed to them in Kareem Walker.

Talking with Scout, “I want to decide by mid-March or late March,” Washington said. “I haven’t set a date yet, but it will be around next month.”

“I don’t want to be on a roster behind a lot of other running backs,” Washington said. “That doesn’t make a lot of sense. I would prefer not to redshirt, but I will if I need to. I know Notre Dame has Tarean (Folston) and Greg (Bryant), but they’re older. They’re great guys to be around. I definitely feel at home at Notre Dame, which is important to me.”
Other schools expected to compete seriously for Washington’s cut include Maryland, Pittsburgh, Ohio State, Tennessee and TCU.

“Location doesn’t matter,” Washington added. “It’s about where I feel most comfortable. That could be California or South Bend. I’ll go wherever.”

Washington is on track to graduate early and enroll mid-year.

Bio:
Height: 5’10
Weight: 215
Number: 5
Current Position: Running Back
Future Position: Running Back
City/State: Huntersville, North Carolina
High School: Southlake Christian Academy
Head Coach: Bobby McLaughlin
Top 5 Other Offers: Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Stanford, and UCLA.
Interested: North Carolina, Pitt, and several other schools.
40 Time: 4.47
Class: 2016 Recruiting Class

CoachBT’s Comments:

Definitely passes the eyeball test. Well built running back who is not shy when it comes to contact. Classic downhill, shoulder square, between the tackles power back. Film also shows good speed and quick feet. Route running needs some work, but he does catch the ball out of the backfield.

The 2016 recruiting class will be a lot bigger than the previous couple years of recruiting at Michigan which will be a good thing for Jim Harbaugh and staff to start bringing in their own players that they want to build around this Michigan program.
As of right now we have a total of 18 scholarships that will likely be handed out to the 2016 recruiting class, but we imagine this number will gradually go up with players transferring or deciding to leave Michigan.

So far, the 2016 recruiting class has Erik Swenson (OL) and Dele Harding (LB) in the class.

Pitt, eh? smh
While I hate Pitt as much as the next guy, I can totally see why a strong RB would want to go there. They've had some really great college players there in the last 8 years.

While I hate Pitt as much as the next guy, I can totally see why a strong RB would want to go there. They've had some really great college players there in the last 8 years.

The problem is not Pitt, the problem is with the article and author. As has been stated by other posters, Robert has only publicly mentioned two programs - UNC and Syracuse. Not Pitt. The article doesn't even mention Syracuse.

The problem is not Pitt, the problem is with the article and author. As has been stated by other posters, Robert has only publicly mentioned two programs - UNC and Syracuse. Not Pitt. The article doesn't even mention Syracuse.
Of course, I wasn't complaining about the article at all, but you're right, SU and UNC have always been noted in articles about him. I was just weighing in on why a high-profile RB would consider Pitt, even if it is the first time they're really been linked with Robert.

texascpa and Upstate I only posted the article and highlighted the two schools because I thought it was interesting how the MI writer mentioned those two schools...considering the recent recruiting battles with Cuse. Plus I was hoping that CaliLuv808 would comment on Roberts' level of interest in Michigan as I still see in the article that he is planning on announcing in March.

Of course, I wasn't complaining about the article at all, but you're right, SU and UNC have always been noted in articles about him. I was just weighing in on why a high-profile RB would consider Pitt, even if it is the first time they're really been linked with Robert.

Huh? Pitt has had major success in the last decade or so cranking out 1,000 yard rushers. Lesean McCoy, Dion Lewis, Ray Graham, James Conner (ran for 1700) last year.

Huh? Pitt has had major success in the last decade or so cranking out 1,000 yard rushers. Lesean McCoy, Dion Lewis, Ray Graham, James Conner (ran for 1700) last year.

I think that is what he said in his prior post.

I think we have a good shot here. He talks about not wantin f to be behind a ton of rbs so we don't really have a clear number one guy. We have a couple good guys in 15 but who knows how they will perform on the field.

That being said I think what will seperate SU from the pack is if we can get 44 down from the roof... Write those letters. Floyd Little would be a good one to write to also.

All of the staffs emails can be found by googling syracuse athletics staff it will be the first non pay site that pops up.

I think we have a good shot here. He talks about not wantin f to be behind a ton of rbs so we don't really have a clear number one guy. We have a couple good guys in 15 but who knows how they will perform on the field.

That being said I think what will seperate SU from the pack is if we can get 44 down from the roof... Write those letters. Floyd Little would be a good one to write to also.

All of the staffs emails can be found by googling syracuse athletics staff it will be the first non pay site that pops up.

You just need to go to Syr.edu.

texascpa said:

Michigan blogger is butt hurt by us beating them out recently. Must be taking lessons from their new conference mates.

Michigan blogger is butt hurt by us beating them out recently. Must be taking lessons from their new conference mates.

I think he just screwed up the article and put Pitt instead of Syracuse. No one said the guy is a good journalist.

Like the Beatles just came to town. OH MAAAAAAH GAWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDD! And no I wasn't alive when the Beatles had their hysteria. Who is the modern day Beatles? One Direction? God it makes me sick that I know this.
There is no modern day Beatles. They were transcendent. Anyone thinking otherwise is a fool.

Robert Washington ‏@RDubb_5 27m27 minutes ago

The third school out of my Top 6 schools is TCU...no order Syracuse, UNC, TCU...3 more to go
1f438.png
1f438.png

My point exactly. I was saying it doesn't surprise me if he was considering Pitt due to their success with RBs over the last dozen years or so.

TCU... amazing they have become a power. Kids want to go there, and they should. I think they have a shot

What can I say? I get excited anytime there's news of Robert's recruitment: http://.com/robert-washington-is-starting-to-leak-his-top-six/

EDIT: Here's some proof that college football is a small world after all - my day job is at Larry Fedora's alma mater, and my boss is a good friend and former teammate of Fedora's. I was all excited when he got the head job at UNC. Now, I'm sitting here grumbling that this guy who played at the school where I work might steal the recruit I'm more excited about than any in recent memory away from us. Ha!

Last edited:
TOS has an update with Robert talking about the three schools he's already publicly named, along with his time frame and the factors that will go into the decision. We tick off every box when it comes to the factors, so that's definitely a good thing.

TOS has an update with Robert talking about the three schools he's already publicly named, along with his time frame and the factors that will go into the decision. We tick off every box when it comes to the factors, so that's definitely a good thing.
Is the timeframe still march?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors