Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching videos about Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, and Floyd Little for the past hour on YouTube.

I'm starting to convince myself that Robert even looks like Ernie, except with dreads.

I need this recruitment to be over, you guys. And god, I need it to be a decision for Syracuse. And I need him to wear 44.

Here's the rundown. Dad says "Syracuse has nothing to worry about." Son says "my dad doesn't know what's going on with my recruitment." I don't understand how that is not clear that he is not coming to Cuse. Now I can add on top of that a VERY recent "Rovals" article where RW gave reasons why he liked each of the six schools. Can't give away what was said, but when it came to Cuse it didn't stack up with what he said about other schools. He's keeping us in a top 6 out of respect.

Completely sucked to read it. Hate what I am going to hear tomorrow

Here's the rundown. Dad says "Syracuse has nothing to worry about." Son says "my dad doesn't know what's going on with my recruitment." I don't understand how that is not clear that he is not coming to Cuse. Now I can add on top of that a VERY recent "Rovals" article where RW gave reasons why he liked each of the six schools. Can't give away what was said, but when it came to Cuse it didn't stack up with what he said about other schools. He's keeping us in a top 6 out of respect.

Completely sucked to read it. Hate what I am going to hear tomorrow
Do us all a favor: if he actually does pick SU tomorrow, stay out of this thread for awhile, and don't even dare come back and say anything like, "Oh I knew it all along, hahaha!"

It may not end up working out in our favor. But it still might, and trying to read too much into anything right now is fruitless and kinda dumb, to be honest. So everyone should probably just cut it, and just wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Do us all a favor: if he actually does pick SU tomorrow, stay out of this thread for awhile, and don't even dare come back and say anything like, "Oh I knew it all along, hahaha!"

It may not end up working out in our favor. But it still might, and trying to read too much into anything right now is fruitless and kinda dumb, to be honest. So everyone should probably just cut it, and just wait and see what happens tomorrow.

I'm glad it will be over tomorrow, regardless of outcome. I feel way too personally invested in a football prospect's recruitment--which I know is absurd. This one feels different, though--hope it works out in our favor.

And I agree with JK -- at this point, I wouldn't be parsing tweets / uninformed speculative articles / the tea leaves for any cosmic significance. This whole thing has taken a confusing turn, and I doubt anybody really knows what RW is going to do. We'll find out tomorrow afternoon.

If you knew anything about me, you would know I would never come back and lie about what I stated. If he picks Cuse I will GLADLY eat crow and hand it to Mr. RW for covering his tracks and making intentional understatements to keep people off kilter.

A few thoughts.
RW would be a great get for our program and we should be proud to have made the final 6 speaks volumes about our staff.
Bud has to be the worst writer in the history of Syracuse. I truly cant stand him. Its like he is a pent up poet or something. Guys is just strange almost disturbing. BUD kinda sums it up.
I think we caught some really bad luck. RW played for his father, his dad has been very much involved in his recruitment, RW changes schools and says that his father doesnt know what he is talking about but his Mom does. Gee it doesnt take much to figure out what is going on.

If you knew anything about me, you would know I would never come back and lie about what I stated. If he picks Cuse I will GLADLY eat crow and hand it to Mr. RW for covering his tracks and making intentional understatements to keep people off kilter.
All you have is conjecture. The fact is were 1 of 6 and going against big time competition. Seeing as were not typically in it for these types of players, at least recently, your guess has very little value add to this thread and isnt really going out on a limb. Further, your rationale is weak. The situation with rw's father has quite a few possible interpretations. One of the most logical is he said too much and wants to backtrack. If the info was wrong, who cares and why bother clarifying? You could be right and rw commits to one of the other 5 schools, but if so, i still wouldnt consider your conjecture "right."

You know. If he doesn't choose Syracuse. A lot of people (prob myself included) are gonna look back at that article by Bailey. He should have taken it down.

We where looking pretty, now the momentum has shifted to Michigan.

Just saying, it's fair to say.
You have to let it go. Seriously.

Not sure if RW chooses SU but the fact that RW said his dad isn't involved in his recruitment sounds more like his dad opened his mouth when he shouldn't have and that he let RWs intentions slip. We will all find out in 13 hours

He doesn't have any in the RW camp, but he does at Michigan. They must have told him they feel good.
So they told him they felt good when? After the article quoting RW's dad that was positive towards SU when he predicted that we would get him? Or after the article when RW's dad rebutted his comments and the Michigan guy changed his mind?

It's a new day, sun is shinning. I'm feeling good.

No matter what happens. Thank you to the Washingtons for loving 44 and helping to put a spotlight back on a very important, very unique part of our history.

Best of luck today. Hope it's all a big relief to be done! Enjoy the moment.

TheCusian said:
It's a new day, sun is shinning. I'm feeling good. No matter what happens. Thank you to the Washingtons for loving 44 and helping to put a spotlight back on a very important, very unique part of our history. Best of luck today. Hope it's all a big relief to be done! Enjoy the moment.
is there a link to when he announces

Good morning. I have been reading this thread and been through the gambit of emotions. My feelings have been a reflection of how the comments on the board have been going. I decided that there is no reason to be negative. I was thinking about the schools and the offers he has. This is what I came to a conclusion about. I hope that we are last ones standing because I think he can be what this program and staff need to get some momentum. It would take a kid that truly did not want to follow the grain but wanted to carve his own way. I hope that Robert is up for the task of being a leader because it certainly seems from what has been said he has the makings.

No reason to think negatively. If we are in it this far thence really must be thinking about carving his own way!

Good article Jeke.

So I gotta ask, do you already have two articles ready put up at 3:05 tomorrow? One if he picks us and one if he doesn't?

Hopefully things break our way tomorrow, but I'll enjoy watching Robert run no matter what colors he chooses to wear.
Okay, so I bit the bullet this morning. I've got two articles ready to go.

Okay, so I bit the bullet this morning. I've got two articles ready to go.
Not shocked at all. I'm sure they are both fantastic. Hopefully we get to read a celebratory one though.

This.

A thousand times this.

I don't think people realize how true this is. ALL OF YOU PEOPLE are the gateway to Syracuse athletics for a lot of parents and recruits. I'm not sure that's understood by many people here.
Really? This is a fan page for a big time collegiate program- this is the only legal outlet many of the knuckleheads who post here regularly have. Personally I can only take the forum in small doses and I'd advise any recruits or their family members to steer well clear of any fan forum their loved one may play at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom