Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good ole Bobby Petrino just followed Robert on Twitter.
4a2275adee90a45ecf2ddeedee26d47e1de6c9d33bbbde81c50bcb484beb4e34.jpg

Had a chance to talk to Coach briefly tonight. Real excited about RW and thinks we'll be real happy with a couple more big time players that will follow.
So basically Shafer and co believe that Washington can and will deliver big time prospects. I wish he could say which guys he expects will follow, because Got damn I'm excited.

Driving home from my son's basketball game. I asked him to check Syr.com at 3:00 p.m. to see where Robert decided to go. He tells me Florida. Extreme anger sets in. I continue to to get some things for the 8 year old baller. I get home and eventually go workout because I am still angry. Six o'clock I decide to check the site again and to my surprise, it says that he has committed to Syracuse and he wants to change the program. I have to check to see if I am imagining this. I begin screaming like an excited little girl and run upstairs to show my son. What a wonderful day.

Like I have said before, Robert seems like a great kid. Other great recruits will want to follow him. He is ours to lose. I hope we at least have a better season than last year. I personally think he is at SU come January. My son and I are going to his first game at E Gaston wearing our 44 jerseys with Washington taped to the name bar. Go Cuse.

Driving home from my son's basketball game. I asked him to check Syr.com at 3:00 p.m. to see where Robert decided to go. He tells me Florida. Extreme anger sets in. I continue to to get some things for the 8 year old baller. I get home and eventually go workout because I am still angry. Six o'clock I decide to check the site again and to my surprise, it says that he has committed to Syracuse and he wants to change the program. I have to check to see if I am imagining this. I begin screaming like an excited little girl and run upstairs to show my son. What a wonderful day.

Like I have said before, Robert seems like a great kid. Other great recruits will want to follow him. He is ours to lose. I hope we at least have a better season than last year. I personally think he is at SU come January. My son and I are going to his first game at E Gaston wearing our 44 jerseys with Washington taped to the name bar. Go Cuse.

Nice. I may have to take a trip to that side of the state and catch a game of his next fall.

I may plan on stealing your awesome idea of the 44 jersey, hope you don't mind!

But seriously, SU will give him #44, right...?
To be determined I'm sure. I'd bet Shafer told him as soon as 44 gets restored it will go to him.

However if 44 is restored before he signs his LOI and is officially an Orangeman, I don't think it can be announced he gets 44, or it could become some sort of violation(y) thing, or we would like complete disasters if something changed in his commitment.

While this is awesome, obviously this thing is far from over, with RW taking his visits (as he absolutely should). The nice thing is, unlike some of the other times we've lost kids late, we're not gonna get trumped by a late offer. It doesn't get bigger than Alabama and Ohio State.
Oh, he's coming, and it's over. This is the kind of kid that's wants to blaze a trail. Actually, I'm surprised they are so far and few between. Tell the OL to step up their game...RW is on the way!

To be determined I'm sure. I'd bet Shafer told him as soon as 44 gets restored it will go to him.

However if 44 is restored before he signs his LOI and is officially an Orangeman, I don't think it can be announced he gets 44, or it could become some sort of violation(y) thing, or we would like complete disasters if something changed in his commitment.
Oh yes, RW needs to be on campus in order for it to happen. I just hope there is no bs and they give it to him, DDG is gone and so is his bullshit marketing scheme. He is deserving, just get it done!

Biggest SU offensive player commit since...? I'm interested in everyone's opinions.

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks.
If you asking the most recent, both on paper and performance, I'd have to say Rob Konrad. He was a Parade All-American at both Fullback and Linebacker, 5 star, if they even had it back then, and on everybody's AA team. Every big time school offered him, and he was the last to wear #44. McNabb and Johnson were in the same recruiting class but were not as highly rated.

Nice. I may have to take a trip to that side of the state and catch a game of his next fall.

I may plan on stealing your awesome idea of the 44 jersey, hope you don't mind!
No not at all. The more the merrier.

BlackKnight76 said:
One of our coaches tweeted #restore44 after the commitment. I have to think that even if it's not 100%, the wheels are in motion.

The guy who retired it for a ticket promotion is now an adjunct professor, whatever the f*** that is supposed to mean for him.

New AD gets to make a popular move early in his tenure. And he has the recruit to give it to.

Some of the competition in the video looks small. Really really small.
Not to be ugly because I played HS football in upstate NY, but the level of competition down here is much higher. Even in the private schools. Like I said before, we will get a true measure this season. I am pretty sure E Gaston plays against some really good teams. Here's to Robert having a great HEALTHY season.

Wow, what a ride this afternoon has been. I've been off the board mainly because of my kids and work, but also because of the negativity that has been shown in some of these threads. Today, we finally landed a big-name kid that was highly coveted by all of the powerhouse schools. Yep, NSD is a long way away and until he faxes in that NLI, I won't be truly comfortable. With that being said, I don't see Robert flipping unless something absolutely drastic were to happen. IMHO, Shafer should get a 2 year extension right now. He has the chance to bring in an incredible class this year and the recruits should be able to commit without having to worry about if Shaf is going to be around. I know he's in the 3rd year of a 5 year deal, and that his results haven't been good, but everything needs to be put into perspective. He made a horrible choice for his first OC (yes, that's on Shaf). He dealt with an unusual number of injuries last year. The man loves Syracuse and is still a rookie HC. I truly think he will figure it out. David Cutcliffe, who on the other hand was a seasoned HC before he got the job at Duke, went through several years of sub-par records before breaking out a few years back. Now, he has built Duke into a Top 25 program.

I am jacked up that RW committed to SU today. It's awesome. I hope that Syverud and the soon-to-be AD back Shafer 100% now. I think Syverud already feels that way, but who knows. One recruit isn't going to make or break a school, but this should go a long way towards a very, very good recruiting class for next year. Showing strong support of the football program and the coaching staff will help greatly IMO in getting a few other kids to commit.

Welcome aboard RW and family!

Perhaps we could get a small contingency of Orange to support RW at one of his home games next fall. That would be pretty sweet. There are enough of us down here to make that happen.
I'm in...the family wore orange to all his games last year! All my 9 year old daughter talks about is how he high fives her (and others) at school this year. She said she already wants a '44' Washington jersey. Gotta teach them young!

Not to be ugly because I played HS football in upstate NY, but the level of competition down here is much higher. Even in the private schools. Like I said before, we will get a true measure this season. I am pretty sure E Gaston plays against some really good teams. Here's to Robert having a great HEALTHY season.
Uhhh - did you watch the video? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors