Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I woke up early and just sat and read all the crush of media that took place yesterday. First thing I noticed was how clueless the media and fans are to what actually happened yesterday. Second was when I ventured in and read the comments. From them genius at UM that said coach Harbaugh stopped recruiting him cause he isn't a very good back.( luckily one astute Michigan fan pointed out HCSS wiping the floor with harbaugh for pickard and now washington) then came the florida guys who said the kid wasn't good enough for them( apparently fl feels they are better than every other college including the champs cause they all seemed to want him) but the thing that I enjoyed the most was them putti down syracuse. I enjoyed hearing how he could go their school cause he wouldn't be able to be a star there. Well first I will say perfect cause he will be a star here. Second keep discounting the Cuse cause he is recruiting minutes after he commited and talking with all the people your staff have on the top line of their boards. I believe if washington spends some time and talks with these top of board players he can convince them of what he has been saying. He keeps referencing the 80s U. He keeps saying the 80's U stunk 3 and 9 teams then 3 or 4 friends got together and went to play and created a dynasty that lives on in college football history. Robert wants to do this. He doesn't just want to play here. He wants to make history here. He wants to be the guy years from now that him and his friends are being interviewed for their 30 for 30 telling the stories of how they went from 3 and 9 to a championship. We been sayingn it since day one. Now Washington isn't going to make the difference between 3 and 9 and undefeated but him and the kids here already and 5 or 6 friends then the excitment bringing in more top players can be the path to greatness. All you naysayers who put this down who put down hcss and staff. I got a request... Sit back enjoy your negativity queitly on the couch cause me and my son are ready for this team to blow up. We are ready for a great team to be building up. We are ready for Syracuse to be the program other schools say they are going to be tough to beat on the field and in recruiting.

How do I like this infinitely?

This about sums up how I feel today sitting here...

Rivals - **** #15 RB in the Class. Was a Rivals top 250 kid up until a few months ago when he was bumped out.

ESPN - **** #8 RB in the Class, 116th overall in the ESPN top 300

247 - *** #19 RB in the Class, #394 overall

Scout - **** #21 RB in the Class, like Rivals he was in their top 300 until very recently

The 247 composite has him as ****, #12 RB in the class, and #239 overall. That's supposed to be an average of the sites and it looks about right if you look at the above, so that's what I'd go with.
Or, if you're a "stars don't matter" guy,he had offers from literally, LITERALLY every major program.

Or, if you're a "stars don't matter" guy,he had offers from literally, LITERALLY every major program.
Assuming this kicks of a series of commits from guys with stars, not only will we benefit from having guys with a lot of stars, we also won't need to hear about how stars don't matter for a while.

Bambrewer - Have Shy and RW talked/texted/tweeted (Triple T) since yesterday went down?
No shy is in a pretty bad mood right now he is starting to feel the pressure of qualifying. I told him what was going on and he was happy but after that he has been studying. He has a permit test Tuesday ( never got his license and now has relized it's now or 4 years from now) has 2 rresearch papers due. Has SATs again next week and has finals in three weeks an act test in four weeks. Then he has been bugging me to help him study the play book. He won't have to take the act or another sat that he has signed up for if he makes honor roll. But I think the reality of male or break month is upon him. He is so moody the only time he smiles is at the gym

No shy is in a pretty bad mood right now he is starting to feel the pressure of qualifying. I told him what was going on and he was happy but after that he has been studying. He has a permit test Tuesday ( never got his license and now has relized it's now or 4 years from now) has 2 rresearch papers due. Has SATs again next week and has finals in three weeks an act test in four weeks. Then he has been bugging me to help him study the play book. He won't have to take the act or another sat that he has signed up for if he makes honor roll. But I think the reality of male or break month is upon him. He is so moody the only time he smiles is at the gym
So basically, if I'm reading that right...as long as he makes the honor roll, it makes his SAT/ACT qualifying score good enough already? Or does he have to bump his ACT/SAT as well?

Real books, not play books.
Play book comes later, hopefully.

I thought that once RW made his decision that there would be no need to come back to this thread. It's even more enjoyable now that he chose US. I doubt he'll decommit, but once he's able to bring in another recruit, I have a sense that he won't want to be disingenuous and go elsewhere. Thanks John for your continued glimpses behind the scenes. Best of luck to Shy over the next month.

Bambrewer- just have to thank you, bcubs, kelly, and other parents of talented kids for choosing SU, sharing stories, and adding such excitement to the football program. There is a buzz around SU football that hasn't been seen in a long time. Fans create an echo, but talented kids and their parents who are giving SU a chance are the ones making noise and will ultimately bring SU back to respectability. It means a lot to many of us that you're here. Thank you...

He has a qualifying GPA but his sat score is to low for his GPA as of jan 1. If he gets all a's and B's this quarter his GPA will be high enough to qualify with his current sat score. So say for round numbers he needs a 3.0 with a 1000 sat. Right now he has a 2.8 and a 990. So he needs to increase his GPA to a 3.2 to stay with an sat of 990 or he needs to get a 1020 and keep his GPA the same. If he gets all a's and B's his GPA will be high enough for existing score. If he misses honor roll he will need to increase his sat score the equivalent.

He has a qualifying GPA but his sat score is to low for his GPA as of jan 1. If he gets all a's and B's this quarter his GPA will be high enough to qualify with his current sat score. So say for round numbers he needs a 3.0 with a 1000 sat. Right now he has a 2.8 and a 990. So he needs to increase his GPA to a 3.2 to stay with an sat of 990 or he needs to get a 1020 and keep his GPA the same. If he gets all a's and B's his GPA will be high enough for existing score. If he misses honor roll he will need to increase his sat score the equivalent.
And there's definitely never any harm in taking the SAT multiple times, keep trying to get it as high as possible. I only took it once and I always regretted it, because I knew I could have done better.

Scroll down a bit, interview with RW in which he talks about, among other things, some of the guys he plans on recruiting to play with him: http://wakeupcalldt.com
Best part of this interview for me is that I finally know how to pronounce Aapri's name. (uh-PREE)

Also: interesting that TCU and Michigan were the first two eliminated from his top 6.

"My word is my bond, and I wouldn't have made my decision so early if I didn't think it was the right school." Confirms that the only thing that could sway him from his decision is if the staff is gone.

No problem everyone I share what I can as soon as I can. Yes books before playbook but with shy he needs to have some enjoyment. If it's all work he gets sloppy so tonite I will be making up flash cards with plays and we will spend a hour studying the playbook. He enjoys that so if it makes him happy we can spare an hour. He really doesn't do much besides study lift school playbook. So you gotta give him a little fun time. As weird as studying plays is fun. He was sharing his goals with me today first was to get on the field and second is some very specific players he would like to play against in various games. I won't mention names to put him on the spot for those games but he has some hits he would like to deliver. But I have high jacked this thread enough any questions I will look for them in Shy's thread unless it pertains to washington

Does this mean that RW's sister and Aapri and Will Eason are going to commit soon too?!?!?!
Did Eason get his offer yet? Because god damnit that kid is going to be a returner extraordinaire IMO. Who gives a damn if he's 5'8" the kid is fast elusive and will be a serious threat in the return game from minute 1 IMO.

Offense: Ishmael, Custis, Enoicy, Estime, Phillips, Strickland, Fredericks, Washington, Dunkelberger, Long

Defense: Franklin, Slayton, Hodge, Cordy, Samuels, Thomas, Bennett, Hudson, Pickard, Blair, Frederick, Shy, Ellison, Clark, Cross, Sheppard, Henderson

All I'm saying is we are starting to put some damn good talent on the field and that's not including the 2016 class that hopefully is a big time class and has good potential to be. Let's hope the coaches know how to use these kids cause the talent is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom