Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have missed it but has Cali come back yet or has anyone figured out how he was in the know?

May have missed it but has Cali come back yet or has anyone figured out how he was in the know?

I believe it was jekelish that said he/she won't be coming back.

In fairness to Dayne - who I always thought was overrated - wasn't he really banged up in that game?
I don't recall him being banged up - at least heading into the game. The NYC media was pumping up Ron Dayne and Wisconsin all week heading into that game. That was a complete dismantling of Wisc that day. One player wasn't going to change the outcome. One of my favorite games that I attended.

No, McNabb was heir apparent pretty quickly, at least in the eyes of team and coaches. They redshirted him to give him a chance to learn the system knowing he was the guy after Mason got his year.

The McNabb / Johnson battle went for most of August camp from what I remember. I think McNabb was named the starter about a week before kickoff.

The McNabb / Johnson battle went for most of August camp from what I remember. I think McNabb was named the starter about a week before kickoff.

I think McNabb was really named the starter about a week into Spring Practice. ;)

Really, a lot of people "in the know" were acting like this was a done deal. He FLIPPED to SU at the last minute from Florida.

It takes a special kind of negativity to express that perspective five minutes after we landed the biggest recruit since the 90s. Chillax.

For some of those recruit/ranking/4star discussions.

per rvls

Lavar Lobdell
4 Stars
Position ranking #18; State #3
Visits : Florida, Miami, NC State
Offers; multiple

Averin Collier
4 Stars
Position Ranking #24 – State #1
Visits – BC, Pitt
Offers: Clemson, Georgia Tech, MD, Rutgers, UVA others

Marcus Sales
4 Stars
Positing Ranking #42 – State #2
Visits – UNC, Pitt
Offers – LVille, Miami, UVA others

Ron Washington
4 Stars
Position Ranking #15; State #12
Visits - none yet
Offers; Multiple

Reading all over other sites that Robert Washington did not receive commutable offers from TCU/UNC/Bama/OSU etc... and that UNC backed off "big time".

These were just fan forums.

Seems like Clap Nation is spreading their sour grapes.

Florida fans are super salty.

I am happy. There's no shot that schools backed off of a recruit with 40+ offers and the most offensive production of any 2015 running back. We picked up a gem, UNC lost a home grown product and Florida's experiencing a dumpster fire.

McNabb was announced as starter day of opening game against NC.

I know our coaches encourage players to take their officials. We want people who want to be here.

A top 300 athlete is not only TALENT on the field that we don't have much of, a top 300 recruit is also a magnet.

Attracts other high level/and 3 star recruits to the program. Attracts fans to the seats. Attracts attention to our program as a nationally relevant football team... other people could go on but those are the three I care about.

I mean...how is a consensus top 10 RB not a 5 star? It doesn't even make sense. I know that he didn't get overly involved in all the camps the last year or two, but statistically, where is the line from 5* to 4*? Is it top 5 at a position? top 7? You watch RW's tape and the dudes a 5* talent. Who cares about what level he played against, 9 YPC is 9 YPC I don't care if you're doing that against d1 or d3 athletes it's still insanely impressive.

I mean...how is a consensus top 10 RB not a 5 star? It doesn't even make sense. I know that he didn't get overly involved in all the camps the last year or two, but statistically, where is the line from 5* to 4*? Is it top 5 at a position? top 7? You watch RW's tape and the dudes a 5* talent. Who cares about what level he played against, 9 YPC is 9 YPC I don't care if you're doing that against d1 or d3 athletes it's still insanely impressive.

*Disclaimer: I know very little about recruiting*

It seems the number of 5* football players is incredibly low. Maybe even lower, % wise, than bball? Hard to compare of course given football has so many more players. How many 5* football players are there usually each year?

Shhh. Don't complain or the services will drop him down to a 3 star because he committed to SU!

*Disclaimer: I know very little about recruiting*

It seems the number of 5* football players is incredibly low. Maybe even lower, % wise, than bball? Hard to compare of course given football has so many more players. How many 5* football players are there usually each year?

ESPN only gave 16 kids the 5 star treatment for 2016. Their top 300 is made up of 16 five star kids and 284 four star kids. So, five it very tough, at least on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom