Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would we pump the brakes? if Perkins is better then that's good for us. yeehaw

and if schurburtt thinks so highly of perkins then why was he rated so low on his site?
schurburtt is a
images

why would we pump the brakes? if Perkins is better then that's good for us. yeehaw

and if schurburtt thinks so highly of perkins then why was he rated so low on his site?
In fairness to him he talked him up when he committed last year and has been fairly positive towards Syracuse over the years in comparison to some other recruiting guys.

Ok so who is this Sherbert guy? If he was a flavor of sherbert, he would have to be lemon cause hes sour as ! So he is comparing Tyrone Perkins, who didn't play his senior year due to ACL injury, to Junior Robert Washington and saying Perkins is better?

I'm trying to find Perkins junior season stats but the best I can do is I found he rushed for approximately 1,000 yards as a Junior.

RW Junior year rushed for 2,000+ and 20+ TDs against better competition.

Now I'm not even attempting to belittle Perkins or try to poo-poo one of our recruits. I'm excited for every single kid that commits to Cuse, but how do you say a kid who is coming off of a major knee injury and had 1k rushing yards is better than someone who is healthy and has 2k+ rushing yards?

Sherbert needs to go melt in the sun.

Ok so who is this Sherbert guy? If he was a flavor of sherbert, he would have to be lemon cause hes sour as ! So he is comparing Tyrone Perkins, who didn't play his senior year due to ACL injury, to Junior Robert Washington and saying Perkins is better?

I'm trying to find Perkins junior season stats but the best I can do is I found he rushed for approximately 1,000 yards as a Junior.

RW Junior year rushed for 2,000+ and 20+ TDs against better competition.

Now I'm not even attempting to belittle Perkins or try to poo-poo one of our recruits. I'm excited for every single kid that commits to Cuse, but how do you say a kid who is coming off of a major knee injury and had 1k rushing yards is better than someone who is healthy and has 2k+ rushing yards?

Sherbert needs to go melt in the sun.

JC Shurburtt is the National Recruiting Director for 2 4 7 Sports.

His LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jc-shurburtt/11/a55/8b

Pretty sure he never played a snap of college football. Could wrong about that.

No Bcubs, by just looking at his bio picture from LinkedIn, I will say you are 100% correct that guy never played a snap of college football, and there is probably a good chance he never played high school football either.

No Bcubs, by just looking at his bio picture from LinkedIn, I will say you are 100% correct that guy never played a snap of college football, and there is probably a good chance he never played high school football either.

Yep. And there are a lot of "analysts" like that. Which is much of the reason why I don't spend a butt-ton of money on a premium account from any of the services.

wasnt it also reported washington the top rb on michigan's board? funny the disparate info.

He isn't. 2 4 7 had Perkins with an 88 rating, one of the highest in our class. He's been pretty consistent in liking Perkins.

Schurburtt is actually one of the only national guys who is some what positive towards SU.

Last edited:
So the only way you can comment on football is if you played football (or looked like you played football)?

Last edited:
So the only way you can comment on football is if you played football (or looked like you played football)?

No of course not, I was just commenting on the fact that he definitely looks like he has never, ever played football. Anybody can break down tape and analyze players. I'm just having a little fun.

I agree somewhat with JC's assessment of RDub. It's really tough to know just how good he is because his competition is really weak.

It's hard to get a read on his ability because is just plain stronger than most kids he is competing against. There are some videos of kids that have the potential to run him down from behind but he just shrugs off their arm tackles.

He doesn't have to rely on vision or make quick decisions because it really doesn't matter - he can out run most kids and push over the others.

On the plus side, he has great balance and great feet. Those are great features in a back - probably the quickest feet I have seen on a SU running back since Dee Brown. He is also physically ready to play today. The move up a class of FB will serve Robert well. I think he will be very productive at Syracuse. As I mentioned before, I don't want people to call him a bust because he doesn't run for 1500 yards his freshman season.

Another recruit I love out there is Tyler Thompson and I hope we can swing him soon. He is very decisive at the line and explodes through holes. I think had he not been hurt all of last season he would have multiple BCS level offers. I'd love to see those two together out on the field.

Nobody played weaker competition than Mike Hart. Upstate NY has some of the worst high school football in the country, and amongst the worst in the country, he played against the lowest level of competition. Notice is said wosrt high school football...not athletes. We have athletes. We just don't produce at a high level due to a lack of emphasis on football in high school. Kids up here play what? About 9 games a year unless you make sectionals? Kids elsewhere are playing all year long...

I agree somewhat with JC's assessment of RDub. It's really tough to know just how good he is because his competition is really weak.

It's hard to get a read on his ability because is just plain stronger than most kids he is competing against. There are some videos of kids that have the potential to run him down from behind but he just shrugs off their arm tackles.

He doesn't have to rely on vision or make quick decisions because it really doesn't matter - he can out run most kids and push over the others.

On the plus side, he has great balance and great feet. Those are great features in a back - probably the quickest feet I have seen on a SU running back since Dee Brown. He is also physically ready to play today. The move up a class of FB will serve Robert well. I think he will be very productive at Syracuse. As I mentioned before, I don't want people to call him a bust because he doesn't run for 1500 yards his freshman season.

Another recruit I love out there is Tyler Thompson and I hope we can swing him soon. He is very decisive at the line and explodes through holes. I think had he not been hurt all of last season he would have multiple BCS level offers. I'd love to see those two together out on the field.
Staff is only taking one back unless Tyler can catch he is probably not coming

cuse309 said:
Nobody played weaker competition than Mike Hart. Upstate NY has some of the worst high school football in the country, and amongst the worst in the country, he played against the lowest level of competition. Notice is said wosrt high school football...not athletes. We have athletes. We just don't produce at a high level due to a lack of emphasis on football in high school. Kids up here play what? About 9 games a year unless you make sectionals? Kids elsewhere are playing all year long...

Exaggeration. Worst in the country is pretty darn broad. CNY puts out more good players than people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom