Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 149 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock solid but taking all 5 OV'.s I feel good about him, but I won't rest easy until he signs his LOI.

I guess I was just gauging how solid you guys thought his commitment was. I know the twitter example is silly but coupled with this and him taking (potentially taking all his visits, which I think recruits should do and enjoy the process) all the OV's, I was looking for input from people who may be a little more in the know, on his mindset.

Nahson said:
I guess I was just gauging how solid you guys thought his commitment was. I know the twitter example is silly but coupled with this and him taking (potentially taking all his visits, which I think recruits should do and enjoy the process) all the OV's, I was looking for input from people who may be a little more in the know, on his mindset.

And you got it ;). Jek is as plugged in to RW44's commitment as anyone here.

And you got it ;). Jek is as plugged in to RW44's commitment as anyone here.
Haha...appreciate the vote of confidence.

And I'm telling people...do not worry about Robert's commitment. He's firm.

Oh, and for all of the people who have repeatedly thought "Well, he's demanding 44!" No, you couldn't be more wrong. Don't be surprised if, even if it's un-retired, he doesn't wear it as a freshman because he wants to truly earn it.

That's the kind of kid we're getting, people. Personally, I hope he DOES wear 44, because I think he already deserves it.

I feel better with Haskins going to Maryland as opposed to Florida.

jekelish said:
Haha...appreciate the vote of confidence.

And I'm telling people...do not worry about Robert's commitment. He's firm.

Oh, and for all of the people who have repeatedly thought "Well, he's demanding 44!" No, you couldn't be more wrong. Don't be surprised if, even if it's un-retired, he doesn't wear it as a freshman because he wants to truly earn it.

That's the kind of kid we're getting, people. Personally, I hope he DOES wear 44, because I think he already deserves it.

I hope he wears it from the minute he steps on campus. I think he is the right guy to bring it back, and he will help restore the meaning of 44. The number should go to an excellent student of high character to go along with high end athletic potential.

I hope he wears it from the minute he steps on campus. I think he is the right guy to bring it back, and he will help restore the meaning of 44. The number should go to an excellent student of high character to go along with high end athletic potential.
I agree. I'm just saying, he's a humble kid who is very much open to earning it, rather than having it handed to him.

There's been numerous articles and reports stating that he'd be rock solid at whatever school he commits to.

He's committed to Syracuse.

Are we supposed to believe that he was truly undecided, then picked Florida, and at the last second an angel whispered in his ear to change his mind? If you believe that story, then his commitment would be shaky just looking at this logically. I'm more inclined to think that he was a heavy lean for a long time and the Florida interview was just to F with people.

Are we supposed to believe that he was truly undecided, then picked Florida, and at the last second an angel whispered in his ear to change his mind? If you believe that story, then his commitment would be shaky just looking at this logically. I'm more inclined to think that he was a heavy lean for a long time and the Florida interview was just to F with people.
I'm not sure about the interview being done "just to F with people" but I do believe he was a Syracuse lean for a long time. We were always in good shape. Remember, we had someone connected to Robert telling us all along that we shouldn't worry because Robert loved Syracuse.

You think it's more likely that a high school kid decided to very publicly screw with a bunch of his would-be fans and a major media organization than he just changed his mind?

I'm not sure about the interview being done "just to F with people" but I do believe he was a Syracuse lean for a long time. We were always in good shape. Remember, we had someone connected to Robert telling us all along that we shouldn't worry because Robert loved Syracuse.
if we were always in good shape then how do you explain the commitment to Florida just 24 hours prior? That sounds like someone who can be persuaded to flip in both directions.

I still don't understand why people think he is such a risk to flip. IMHO, he is as solid as any recruit we have had in the past. Short of tattooing "Syracuse" on his bicep, he is solid and I for one can't wait until he arrives.

I still don't understand why people think he is such a risk to flip. IMHO, he is as solid as any recruit we have had in the past. Short of tattooing "Syracuse" on his bicep, he is solid and I for one can't wait until he arrives.

It's simple, he is our biggest recruit in years, so SU fans will be paranoid about a flip. As far as the outside world, it is impossible for a crappy and irrelevant program like SU to get a kid like RW to stick, so he has to flip. In the meantime, Dave Clawson is doing a heck of a job at Wake...

Maybe I'm blind, but did he remove his Syracuse info? I know it doesn't matter but just checking in on my stupidity level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 202
It's simple, he is our biggest recruit in years, so SU fans will be paranoid about a flip. As far as the outside world, it is impossible for a crappy and irrelevant program like SU to get a kid like RW to stick, so he has to flip. In the meantime, Dave Clawson is doing a heck of a job at Wake...

What's he done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors