Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally listening to this podcast. Really impressed with Robert.

And I absolutely agree with Robert that it should ONLY be offered to running backs.
Yeah as cool as it would be for Shy to get the 44 the legend history and romance of it staying at running back is all part of what makes 44 special. they will just have to give 44 to backs and start recruiting linebackers with 24. Lol.

Yeah as cool as it would be for Shy to get the 44 the legend history and romance of it staying at running back is all part of what makes 44 special. they will just have to give 44 to backs and start recruiting linebackers with 24. Lol.
I was just thinking about numbers for other positions. The only ones I can come up with are 45 and 8 for wide receivers, and 5 for QBs. Other than that...I'm not sure any numbers are really THAT significant.

I was just thinking about numbers for other positions. The only ones I can come up with are 45 and 8 for wide receivers, and 5 for QBs. Other than that...I'm not sure any numbers are really THAT significant.

upload_2015-3-5_14-6-5.jpeg

Here's just a general thought. I don't follow FB recruiting like I do hoops, but there is always a general school of thought when looking at a kids legit list in hoops.

Beware the outlier.

If there's a school that just doesn't seem to fit the rest of the list - that just doesn't seem on par with the rest- it's the team to be most afraid of if you're a big school.

The reason is that the kid isn't dumb...telling him that you're school "will win more, has won more etc" isn't going to be effective, and may turn him off more. He already knows that, but that particular school is there for a reason, and many times it's not w-l driven.

That school may offer something the others just don't have, and can't have.

It's hard to shake that school from the list. Interesting situation.

One of the reasons BO Jackson went to Auburn and not Alabama.

It's crazy to me that a huge recruit gushes about 44 and the history and this thread isn't hopping.

It's crazy to me that a huge recruit gushes about 44 and the history and this thread isn't hopping.
It's not new though, we've known he loves 44 for awhile and those invested in washingtons recruitment are most definitely excited and hoping this is signs of him leaning our way.

Libero2 said:
It's not new though, we've known he loves 44 for awhile and those invested in washingtons recruitment are most definitely excited and hoping this is signs of him leaning our way.

Yeah - agreed. Just cool to hear it from his mouth.

Good to see the NCAA didn't penalize the football team. That said after what they did to basket ball for relativity minor infractions RW's top 6 school UNC must be in for a real pounding when thats all said and done. I think I would avoid UNC even more now than just for the reasons of their damaged reputation. They should end up with the death penalty when you compare violations to fines vs Cuse Violations to fines.

Good to see the NCAA didn't penalize the football team. That said after what they did to basket ball for relativity minor infractions RW's top 6 school UNC must be in for a real pounding when thats all said and done. I think I would avoid UNC even more now than just for the reasons of their damaged reputation. They should end up with the death penalty when you compare violations to fines vs Cuse Violations to fines.

You'd think so wouldn't you. :(

Football vacates wins during a terrible stretch in the program so no biggie there. Football is a part of the 5 year probation though. Not exactly sure what that entails but the football program barely got touched.

Football vacates wins during a terrible stretch in the program so no biggie there. Football is a part of the 5 year probation though. Not exactly sure what that entails but the football program barely got touched.

It looks like the number of off campus recruiters was limited, and this was not specific to basketball

Not that the perception will change but GRobs overall head coaching record just went from horrible to [unprintable]...

Am I the only one terrified that the bad press of these sanctions - even though they do not impact football (beyond vacated wins from 10 years ago under a previous coach, and the probation that Shafer won't have any trouble with anyway) - might factor in for a guy like Washington?

Granted, UNC is potentially facing vastly stiffer penalties that will include football, but still.

Am I the only one terrified that the bad press of these sanctions - even though they do not impact football (beyond vacated wins from 10 years ago under a previous coach, and the probation that Shafer won't have any trouble with anyway) - might factor in for a guy like Washington?

Granted, UNC is potentially facing vastly stiffer penalties that will include football, but still.
All the press revolves around Boeheim and basketball. Doubt football recruits even realize that fball took a hit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom