Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been really surprised by the general consensus of this thread to pile on Shafer and the staff the last day or two, we have heard one view from one side of the story... folks are running with it like Washington himself is saying it. This is all coming from someone who won't even admit who they are? Why? What CaliLuv has said may absolutely be 100% true. However, it seems to be completely contradictory to just about everything we have heard from Syracuse recruits and their parents who post here. It's coming across like if Syracuse offers 44 to Washington he's a lock... I'm not sure that's true at all. Just seems odd to me, there's some things in play here that are unknown. I'm fine with restore 44 and would like to use it to bring in Washington... But my view on him has changed if that is literally why he would NOT come to play for the Orange. Maybe we should wait for Washington's decision before meltdown bash Shafer mode. I would love it if after all this Washington committed to Syracuse, hoping that it happens. I'll hold my judgement until the decision is made.

First off who bashed the staff? Otto Grove knows exactly who I am. Don't assume stuff because of your view point. My view point is close to the source as you can be period. Now moving forward believe what you want. Nobody should bash Shafer period or his staff. Everyone has their own recruiting strategies. If the fans want to demand more that's there choice. Nobody bashed anyone. But yes you go 3-9 then your going to get some negative feedback. I haven't read nothing up here that is bashing the coaches. The fans want to see the light at the end of tunnel and for most this thread alone has given others some joy. Now if you want to assume stuff don't direct that towards me because I'm not dealing with hear say.

Cali I see you are a fellow night owl. That is always refreshing. Has Robert hinted recently at any schools that have separated themselves from the others, whether it be positively or negatively?

First off who bashed the staff? Otto Grove knows exactly who I am. Don't assume stuff because of your view point. My view point is close to the source as you can be period. Now moving forward believe what you want. Nobody should bash Shafer period or his staff. Everyone has their own recruiting strategies. If the fans want to demand more that's there choice. Nobody bashed anyone. But yes you go 3-9 then your going to get some negative feedback. I haven't read nothing up here that is bashing the coaches. The fans want to see the light at the end of tunnel and for most this thread alone has given others some joy. Now if you want to assume stuff don't direct that towards me because I'm not dealing with hear say.
Yeah, I really hope that people in this thread can refrain from bashing ANYONE - coaches or otherwise. Fortunately it hasn't happened much, but a few posts from some people have gotten dangerously close. It reflects so poorly on us when we get negative and angry at our own coaches, so I'm 100% with CaliLuv here, bashing Shafer and his staff is a bad idea.

I'd just like to remind people, again: recruits and their families and friends read all of these threads. For the most part, our fanbase represents us pretty well. But we need to make sure we don't say anything that could be detrimental.

Bringing positive tone to the thread. let's switch it up. I believe if Robert was committing tomorrow he would be a orangemen.

Great!

Can you work on getting Robert to commit tomorrow then? :)

Reading this thread and the type of person he seems to be, I wish Robert the best wherever he ends up going and will root for him to do well. Of course I hope that is at Syracuse, but he needs to do what he thinks is the best for himself.

Can we talk about his 2013 highlight reel I just watched? It's not just that he looks to an outstanding player but the fact that it is 19 minutes long... and it is a legit 19 minutes worth of highlight reel worthy material. Some kids go D1 and struggle to fill a 5-10 minute reel... this yound gents film stopped at 19 and probably could've kept going!

It's not just that he is the caliber player we need to get back to where we expect to be though. The kid appears to be quite smart and have his mind right off the field as well which ties well with most of our incoming players also. As a fan you want guys that you can cheer for on the field and off. As a parent of a 14 year old fan it's great to know we have a group of guys, hopefully Robert adding to it, that I won't have to worry about my son admiring because of life choices they make off the field over shadowing anything they do on it.

I'm all for pulling 44 down from the rafters. An added element of difficulty here is the fact that the program is fully branded by the legend of 44. I mean from the entire football wing all the way down to the symbol on the uniforms and gloves. Let's think about that for a second: every man on the roster will either be wearing the number 44 or be blinded by it all throughout the football wing. I think to have a player wear it, freshman or upperclassman, will require some branding changes for the sake of team morale. One of the most cliche (yet very important) adage in sports is "no one man is bigger than the team". With that being said, I thing restoring 44 should happen and Robert is certainly a worthy candidate. This will just require some strategic planning and change first.

I'll say one thing: you've taken me on a rollercoaster of emotions today! :D
6355434232921925432068228470_Glass-case-emotion-anchorman.gif

Being honest is like that sometimes.
It still reminds me of what my dad always taught my brother and I when we were growing up (he was a basketball coach, so we basically grew up in the gym): never leave the gym without making your last shot. This reminds me of that because it always feels so much better to end the day on such a positive note like the great upswing this thread has taken!

(Of course, the "Make one to quit on" thing with basketball has made me a little OCD about it - to this day, if I'm in a gym and decide to shoot around a little bit, I still won't leave unless I've made the last jumper I take)

It still reminds me of what my dad always taught my brother and I when we were growing up (he was a basketball coach, so we basically grew up in the gym): never leave the gym without making your last shot. This reminds me of that because it always feels so much better to end the day on such a positive note like the great upswing this thread has taken!

(Of course, the "Make one to quit on" thing with basketball has made me a little OCD about it - to this day, if I'm in a gym and decide to shoot around a little bit, I still won't leave unless I've made the last jumper I take)

I thought I was the only one that ever did that. Some of the looks I'd get were too funny when I'd be halfway off the court and turn around to go back and make a shot.

I like how a certain proprietor on a pay site is saying he's hearing from his "sources" basically exactly what's been said in this thread. I wonder what his sources could be.

Is it possible that CaliLuv is that proprietor on the pay site? ;):D

I'd just like to remind people, again: recruits and their families and friends read all of these threads. For the most part, our fanbase represents us pretty well. But we need to make sure we don't say anything that could be detrimental.

Based on the last few pages, someone from the coaching staff should probably be doing a better job reading it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom