Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything holding up Bailey now from going forth with the Restore44 article? We need all the mojo we can get!!

http://.com/washingtons-final-six-set-with-three-weeks-to-go/

This thread just gave me a headache, for multiple reasons.

Can't wait for the season to start.

A little bit, but not a HUGE surprise. I would have guessed Notre Dame, but Florida would have been in my first three guesses for the final spot.

The family respects any approach to #44 that's taken.

CaliLuv808 I think of all the great info you have given us, thank you by the way, is the most important thing. That the family respects any approach to #44 is the key to this whole thing for SU and Robert, because the number is an honor but also becomes a responsibility for its wearer.

If I were the staff it would be simple in my approach to Robert and his family:
"Between your family and the staff, the day Robert steps on the field as the starter he will be wearing #44 if he wants it. He keeps it from that day on as long as he part of the program."

Doing it this way will allow Robert to develop his game and get even better without the pressure of the number hanging over him. It will give him time to get used to being in college with fewer distractions, develop relationships with teammates, have them see how good he is on the field in person. They will also see the determination and solid character he brings to the table for the team. This will set him up for success in the classroom and on the team by showing the community, teammates, and himself the hard work we know he is willing to put in and respect we already know he has for the number and those who have worn it.

With this approach if Robert earns that starting nod freshman year, 44 is his from then on. It also allows him to start classes, join the program, build relationships and friendships with teammates before he has to hold the mantle and extra distraction of the number. Honestly I have little doubt he has a shot to start freshman year, and I think it would be more likely for him to mesh in the offense, earn that starting role and the number by impressing in practice, if the focus is on him at first, not the number.

Well that was a curve ball for me... I didn't study for this test
Yeah, I knew he liked them, but like I said, they probably would have been the third school I'd have gone to, maybe the fourth, in terms of a guess. Notre Dame was obviously my next guess. Ohio State was knocked out, I think, when they picked up yet another elite RB recruit after having already landed Kareem Walker. I think maaaaybe I might have guessed Tennessee? Maybe Maryland? But yeah, Florida was right on that next level of guesses for me after Notre Dame.

ND would have been the 6th school but they have a 2016 commit. He is blown away with the new Florida staff. He struggles between Tennessee and Florida. Tennessee is a dark horse in the race. Rutgers and BC could also receive serious looks despite being outside of the top 6.

ND would have been the 6th school but they have a 2016 commit. He is blown away with the new Florida staff. He struggles between Tennessee and Florida. Tennessee is a dark horse in the race. Rutgers and BC could also receive serious looks despite being outside of the top 6.
Hmmm could have done with out that info

CaliLuv808 I think of all the great info you have given us, thank you by the way, is the most important thing. That the family respects any approach to #44 is the key to this whole thing for SU and Robert, because the number is an honor but also becomes a responsibility for its wearer.

If I were the staff it would be simple in my approach to Robert and his family:
"Between your family and the staff, the day Robert steps on the field as the starter he will be wearing #44 if he wants it. He keeps it from that day on as long as he part of the program."

Doing it this way will allow Robert to develop his game and get even better without the pressure of the number hanging over him. It will give him time to get used to being in college with fewer distractions, develop relationships with teammates, have them see how good he is on the field in person. They will also see the determination and solid character he brings to the table for the team. This will set him up for success in the classroom and on the team by showing the community, teammates, and himself the hard work we know he is willing to put in and respect we already know he has for the number and those who have worn it.

With this approach if Robert earns that starting nod freshman year, 44 is his from then on. It also allows him to start classes, join the program, build relationships and friendships with teammates before he has to hold the mantle and extra distraction of the number. Honestly I have little doubt he has a shot to start freshman year, and I think it would be more likely for him to mesh in the offense, earn that starting role and the number by impressing in practice, if the focus is on him at first, not the number.

If that's the approach the staff wants to take that's perfectly fine. Everyone has their own recruiting tactics and approach. You have to respect that and it's respected by his family. But will that tactic beat out Michigan, TCU, Florida, UNC, Alabama or Tennessee? I'm all for whatever approach the staff at any school chooses. Let's see if that works out.

That's a lot of options with the announcement supposedly 2 weeks away. What are the chances he pushes back his commitment date? Sounds like 9 schools in the running.

I think RW already knows where hes going but Cali isnt going to tell us yet.

I said this before on the thread if he was committing tomorrow it would be Syracuse
Selfishly, I'd love to see this. He's the type of young man that could do a lot of things for the program. Not just because he's an excellent player, which he undoubtedly is, but because of everything else that comes with him. Perception, other possible recruiting ties, and of course, what we've come to believe as a great set of morals and character traits.

I think the program here at Syracuse could do an equally great number of things for Robert. It could be a tremendous fit for both parties, and, I hope they both get what they're seeking.

I said this before on the thread if he was committing tomorrow it would be Syracuse

Cali, I'm curious on this one and fairly certain I know the answer.
, but I'll ask anyways.

Once Robert commits (wherever he chooses to go) will he be locked in and not worry about second thoughts/change his mind? Obviously this is under normal circumstances, where he is still treated with the love/respect he deserves and the staff of the school he chooses stays intact and nothing else unbelievably unexpected happens.

Based on what I understand Roberts mentality will be similar to Shy's a year ago, once he commits he is staying with that school unless the extraordinary/unexpected happens. I think that's pretty much every kids intentions, but doesn't always end up the case, however given all the work, research and very clearly well thought out process Robert has had, I expect once he makes his decision, he will be locked in.which of course means if we want him, we have to win the first one as he won't flip. No way we get that lucky two years in a row with coaches leaving allowing us to get one of our favorites like we did with Pickard last cycle.

Cali, I'm curious on this one and fairly certain I know the answer.
, but I'll ask anyways.

Once Robert commits (wherever he chooses to go) will he be locked in and not worry about second thoughts/change his mind? Obviously this is under normal circumstances, where he is still treated with the love/respect he deserves and the staff of the school he chooses stays intact and nothing else unbelievably unexpected happens.

Based on what I understand Roberts mentality will be similar to Shy's a year ago, once he commits he is staying with that school unless the extraordinary/unexpected happens. I think that's pretty much every kids intentions, but doesn't always end up the case, however given all the work, research and very clearly well thought out process Robert has had, I expect once he makes his decision, he will be locked in.which of course means if we want him, we have to win the first one as he won't flip. No way we get that lucky two years in a row with coaches leaving allowing us to get one of our favorites like we did with Pickard last cycle.
I'm not Cali (could you tell?) but I have a guess: I'd say he's going to be locked in, because if for instance he commits to SU, well, there's not going to be a situation where a bigger school could suddenly come swooping in, because he's already got every big school, and will have turned them down once. So I would imagine that, if he committed to SU, he'd only waver if there were staff changes. But that's all just my guess, based on my own weird sense of logic. Definitely not trying to speak for him of course...but that's my hunch!

I'm not Cali (could you tell?) but I have a guess: I'd say he's going to be locked in, because if for instance he commits to SU, well, there's not going to be a situation where a bigger school could suddenly come swooping in, because he's already got every big school, and will have turned them down once. So I would imagine that, if he committed to SU, he'd only waver if there were staff changes. But that's all just my guess, based on my own weird sense of logic. Definitely not trying to speak for him of course...but that's my hunch!
Which is essentially what I was trying to say in my post. Once he locks in (be it at SU or anywhere else) I'd have to assume he stays locked in, especially as he has said he plans to turn around and recruit like freaking crazy for his school to try and help bring the best talent to his school.

Please dear god just hand the man 44 to lock it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors