Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tweeted to Bailey asking if the Restore44 article was shelved. His response:
"Unfortunate yes until some access issues get cleared up"

Not surprising. There's so much change going on in the SUAD that it was kind of inevitable. Until there's a new AD, they won't be able to move forward with this at all.

Had a few hours to kill this morning scince jj decided sleep was over rated. I spent the last few hours searching the forums of schools rw has said he is interested in. Reading what fans were saying on those forums was kinda strange. Some of the forums appear to not even know they are in the running for him or have other backs they would rather have. Tennese fans had him listed 5 th lol. Given the schools he has listed and the rbs taken its hard to picture him anywhere but syracuse. I hope the coaches are making him feel wanted coming down to the last two weeks. They definatly have his early playing time here. They have the acedamics here. He has a good relationship with smith and acosta. So feeling at home is the big one to over come. I hope the coaches are showing him half the live the syracuse fans are. If it was fan love on the list syracuse wins hands down. Some schools show a burst of attention surrounding an interview or a visit. But the syracuse fans are pouring it on all day everyday. In the end the fans can at least say they did everything they could lol.

Had a few hours to kill this morning scince jj decided sleep was over rated. I spent the last few hours searching the forums of schools rw has said he is interested in. Reading what fans were saying on those forums was kinda strange. Some of the forums appear to not even know they are in the running for him or have other backs they would rather have. Tennese fans had him listed 5 th lol. Given the schools he has listed and the rbs taken its hard to picture him anywhere but syracuse. I hope the coaches are making him feel wanted coming down to the last two weeks. They definatly have his early playing time here. They have the acedamics here. He has a good relationship with smith and acosta. So feeling at home is the big one to over come. I hope the coaches are showing him half the live the syracuse fans are. If it was fan love on the list syracuse wins hands down. Some schools show a burst of attention surrounding an interview or a visit. But the syracuse fans are pouring it on all day everyday. In the end the fans can at least say they did everything they could lol.
I don't understand why other fans wouldn't be begging for Washington. I mean I realize that they are big time schools who reel in top talent monthly, but the guy has perhaps the most impressive offed list in the country...

Robert, if they can't appreciate you, go some place you can. Like you said Bam, Cause fans will love you from before you commit until the day you declare for the NFL Draft.

Is it 4/25 yet?

Bambrewer said:

Great post, Bam.

Seems like we are in a good position - but could go in a few different directions (TCU, Mich). I will say this - if Robert spurns Alabama and Michigan to come here? Along with Shy and Steven and the rest ... I feel very good about our future. Not just because of ability - but drive and commitment. Robert seems like he'd fit right in with these guys.

I don't understand why other fans wouldn't be begging for Washington. I mean I realize that they are big time schools who reel in top talent monthly, but the guy has perhaps the most impressive offed list in the country...

Robert, if they can't appreciate you, go some place you can. Like you said Bam, Cause fans will love you from before you commit until the day you declare for the NFL Draft.

Is it 4/25 yet?
It's probably like you said they see big prospects all the time. I just find it funny they have 4 kids listed above him. Nd forum says they took one back and won't take him. Unc had 4 kids listed above him. Alabama doesn't even mention him really. I guess the funniest part is rw is a five star player probably better than most of the kids they think are better. They just haven't taken the time to look for themselves and are taking the recruiting services word

It's probably like you said they see big prospects all the time. I just find it funny they have 4 kids listed above him. Nd forum says they took one back and won't take him. Unc had 4 kids listed above him. Alabama doesn't even mention him really. I guess the funniest part is rw is a five star player probably better than most of the kids they think are better. They just haven't taken the time to look for themselves and are taking the recruiting services word

All true, Bam. We also need to keep in mind that the collective fan forum's opinion of any recruit may or may not line up with what the staff thinks about the kid.

The response from the fan bases we are compared to with respect to RW is to be expected. To be fair, they are routinely involved with some of the best talent in the country year after year. It's very similar to how we react to all the 5 star basketball recruits we are involved with.

RW won't make or break the recruiting class at most of those other programs regardless of how good he is. Those programs will have plenty of others to pick from. But, RW absolutely could be a difference maker at SU. Fortunately for us, I think RW is well aware of that.

Michigan fans don't know what they want. The guys "in the know" seem to think that UM is pushing hard for him and RW is high on the list, the normal joe blow fans are more excited for the other two RB's they've signed and don't think RW is better or would see the field much early on. Hey, UM Joe Blow Fan, your offense is just about as abysmal as ours. You would be lucky to get RW.

th

I don't think I've ever been so anxious about a recruit as Robert. This kid is explosive and humble and will be the PERFECT running back to restore 44. I have faith in Coach Shafer to preach that and hopefully, the message is received in all seriousness. At the very least, going by his twitter, Syracuse is definitely in mind.

Don't be just another guy waiting in line at other schools Robert. Come to Syracuse and be the face of the program.

Spot on. Thanks for the summary.

R1vals is saying now that he's narrowed it down to 3 according to Mink. Not sure if he said who they are.

The r1vals preview says

Robert Washington has announced his top six, but the four-star running back has narrowed things down even further in his head.

@Stephen_Bailey1: .@ChrisFragnito Yes. I would suspect Syracuse is in that final three. TCU and Florida would be my other guesses.

The r1vals preview says

Robert Washington has announced his top six, but the four-star running back has narrowed things down even further in his head.

@Stephen_Bailey1: .@ChrisFragnito Yes. I would suspect Syracuse is in that final three. TCU and Florida would be my other guesses.
th

The r1vals preview says

Yes, and they proceeded to hashtag every school in his top 6 except SU. I realize we are still in the running, I just found it funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom