Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about the on field impact that Robert could have, and honestly, especially since he plans on enrolling early, he will have EVERY opportunity to make the 2-deep as a true freshman. I think he would rush for about 500 yards as a true frosh, and then take the starting job as a sophomore and put up about 1100. Follow that up with a junior year in which he rushes for 1300-1400, and you're looking at a kid who is either going pro early, or gonna be within reach of the all-time SU rushing record if he sticks around for his senior season.
How come no mention about Heisman candidate too!!! Damn it jekelish, this post started to disappoint me cause of that ;)

Nice recap, but the first comment...ughhh...
Don't worry, Bam is setting them straight! Glad to see that Bailey will update the #Restore44 situation. I doubt it will be the full blown article that he originally intended since SU doesn't have an AD yet. Still, I'll be interested to see what he's writing about it.

Bam regulating. Love it!
images

Idiots. Idiots, as far as the eye can see.

(In the syracuse.com comment section)
I've noticed that - they're consistent! Consistent idiots!

Nice job beating some of them down here. As far as I'm concerned, there's plenty of room for them at Rutgers! They can just grab a scarlet knights jersey, drive their 1977 vista cruiser wagons to Newark and see if they can find a nice basement efficiency.

My money is that 44 will rise again!! With Mr. Washington crossing the goal line in it!

One thing I like about Lester's offense is that its flexible enough to play to a team’s strengths. Signing RW would likely move the needle toward a run focused offense utilizing the TE's on play action, which would keep the defense honest and allow us to continue to run the ball. With the amount of touches and subsequent yards RW would get RW has the potential to do some staggering things here on the hill. And knowing how the national media loves their stories, there is no way he would not be compared frequently to the Syracuse Greats! Brown, Little, Davis... Washington. National Media Attention + Setting Records + Local Legend Rebuilding a Program = Syracuse and only Syracuse. Come on RW you can't get this anywhere else!
With players like Trey, Jamal, and Adly big receivers with tight end size, the down field blocking could be sensational. A player like Robert gets a seam into the secondary, and between the big receivers and Robert it could be lights out for opposing defenses.

I love the poll after I voted syracuse had 9.8 percent. Alabama number one at 28 percent. Heads will explode if he choses cuse
Per twitter...3/31

#Syracuse staying in constant communication with 4-star RB and priority target Robert Washington (@RDubb_5):

So I don't mean to get ahead of myself here... But if our staff is in "constant communication" as this tweet indicates, and Robert also knows 100% where he is going, don't you think he would tell our staff that he isn't choosing us, just so he wouldn't need to deal with 'constant' communication from us?

Well if one follows that line of logic... Only one reason to put up with that much communication from our staff, it's that we are where he wants to go and is welcoming that much communication with our staff.

So in short, if both of my initial points are in fact true, then logic dictates Washington is coming here, even if he hasn't officially told us yet.

However, perhaps Bam and/Bcubs could let me know if that logic applies as well in practicality as it does in theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't mean to get ahead of myself here... But if our staff is in "constant communication" as this tweet indicates, and Robert also knows 100% where he is going, don't you think he would tell our staff that he isn't choosing us, just so he wouldn't need to deal with 'constant' communication from us?

Well if one follows that line of logic... Only one reason to put up with that much communication from our staff, it's that we are where he wants to go and is welcoming that much communication with our staff.

So in short, if both of my initial points are in fact true, then logic dictates Washington is coming here, even if he hasn't officially told us yet.
Well, I think that the logic is maybe a little off...after all, no recruits are signing a NLI until February. So other schools are going to be in constant contact with RW until signing day. And we will be, too, if he doesn't select SU.

But I think he's going to select SU, for the record.

Well, I think that the logic is maybe a little off...after all, no recruits are signing a NLI until February. So other schools are going to be in constant contact with RW until signing day. And we will be, too, if he doesn't select SU.

But I think he's going to select SU, for the record.
There is a different level though isn't there? Let's use Pickard as an example, I doubt we were talking to him everyday / multiple times a day (my definition of "constant")

Weekly contact sure, but not 'constant' until the Wisconsin staff left and Jake opted to reopen his recruitment.

If I was a recruit, I wouldn't be upset with weekly check ins with teams I wasn't committing too, in case something would alter my circumstances. But I would get really irritated by multiple messages a day (think of clingy ex-gf syndrome who just can't move on) real fast. I guess that's more what I am describing here.

There is a different level though isn't there? Let's use Pickard as an example, I doubt we were talking to him everyday / multiple times a day (my definition of "constant")

Weekly contact sure, but not 'constant' until the Wisconsin staff left and Jake opted to reopen his recruitment.

If I was a recruit, I wouldn't be upset with weekly check ins with teams I wasn't committing too, in case something would alter my circumstances. But I would get really irritated by multiple messages a day (think of clingy ex-gf syndrome who just can't move on) real fast. I guess that's more what I am describing here.
By the way, this is tangential, but Pickard is already one of my favorite Syracuse players. I've talked to him a little bit. That dude is awesome.

By the way, this is tangential, but Pickard is already one of my favorite Syracuse players. I've talked to him a little bit. That dude is awesome.
I can't remember at what moment I realized he was going to be one of my favorites, but it was sometime around the time he took pictures of our staff passed out at his place with a Cuse blanket (was that Adam?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom