Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he said about "The U" in regards to needing a few guys to turn a program around was a little telling to me. I feel a little more optimistic after listening to that interview.
Agreed. This kid's smarts and media savvy impresses me though. For that reason, we all should just sit back and wait. He won't give too much away (which is pretty awesome to see).

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb..._washington_syracuse_football_commitment.html

At the end of that article, Bailey mentioned his long awaited article on 44 is coming out tomorrow. Keep an eye out.

For what it's worth, I've heard some promising stuff on that front.

Interesting line from that article,

"The Orange has a clear edge here. Redshirt juniors Devante McFarlane and George Morris II should be gone by the time Washington would arrive."

They'd actually be 5th year Seniors, unless Bailey is suggesting 1 or both wouldn't use their 5th year. Insight or honest mistake?

Agreed. This kid's smarts and media savvy impresses me though. For that reason, we all should just sit back and wait. He won't give too much away (which is pretty awesome to see).
Pretty impressive for a high school senior. I see a communications major in his future. Sports communications perhaps. If only SU had such a program.

Agree 100%. We need to land one of these guys... for once.

I'm excited to see Jekelish's posts above and the confidence he is expressing. But we need to close and land a top notch prospect to help us gain momentum on the recruiting trail.
If he picks Cuse on the 25th, more higher ranked recruits will follow. Good players want to play with other good players.

If he picks Cuse on the 25th, more higher ranked recruits will follow. Good players want to play with other good players.
There's no doubt this kid would hit the trail hard for us like AJ Long did. I wish Pickard had committed to Cuse earlier because that guy seems to be one of those guys who just draws guys in. Much like Dunkel.

And he's talking about #Restore44 and all of the edits (I think I've done about half a dozen of them). You're welcome, everyone! Ha.

And oh, he said his mom is from Connecticut so his family is all from that area originally.

Regardless of the outcome, it's pretty clear that your #Restore44 campaign has had an influence. Well done jeckel

I noticed near the end of the podcast interview, RW talked a lot about "God" and how he trusts that he is being "guided" to the right school, and how important it is for him to go to a "Christian" school. Maybe he tipped his hand a little?

Regardless of the outcome, it's pretty clear that your #Restore44 campaign has had an influence. Well done jeckel

I noticed near the end of the podcast interview, RW talked a lot about "God" and how he trusts that he is being "guided" to the right school, and how important it is for him to go to a "Christian" school. Maybe he tipped his hand a little?
It's all about the Methodists.

Listening to that interview it seems like he's leaning towards Florida. I did not get a warm a fuzzy feeling when I heard the Syracuse has been recruiting me for a long time so I had to put them in. Yes the 44 thing made me feel a little better but that's not a guarantee without an ad in place. I hope I'm wrong. I really want rb here.

Free Article...

http://syracuse.. . . . . . . . . /story/1538212-what-robert-washington-would-mean-to-syracuse?s=185

Four-star running back Robert Washington is set to decide on April 25th. What would it mean to Syracuse should he choose the Orange?

Few recruits in recent memory have generated as much buzz within the Syracuse football fan base as four-star Huntersville (N.C.) SouthLake Christian running back Robert Washington. His April 25th announcement is rapidly approaching, and Orange fans are in eager anticipation.
Washington will be deciding between six teams. Syracuse, North Carolina, TCU, Alabama, Michigan and Florida. Those are six of the dozens of big time programs that have offered the four-star running back.
What if he chose Syracuse? What would it mean to the program?
Simply put, it would have a profound impact on several aspects of Syracuse football.
First, there is the obvious. Recruiting. Having a player of Washington’s stature commit early allows him to help a program recruit for the rest of the cycle. It sends a national message that Syracuse is ready to compete on the national stage on the recruiting front.
It sends a message to their top targets as well. It may even cause some targets take a second, harder look at Syracuse. Washington can get in their ear and help recruit a high caliber of athlete to Central New York. His clout and stature will mean something to top Orange targets.
That is in the 2016 class and beyond. Moe Neal, a three-star athlete, is good friends with Washington. That could help attract him to Syracuse. In 2017, Robert’s cousin, Aapri Washington, is one of the more talented defensive backs in the class. Having Robert at Syracuse would only enhance where the Orange stand with him.
Both Moe Neal and Aapri Washington hold offers from Syracuse.
Still early in the cycle, a commitment from Washington would give the Orange a lot of momentum heading into the late spring/early summer period.
On the field, Washington would give Syracuse a stud feature back who could become the building block around Tim Lester’s new offense. His offense is supposed to include 12 personnel and power running sets with some spread mixed in. .links-list a {color:#e95607;}

Washington would be as talented a running back as Syracuse has brought in, coming out of high school at least, in the last decade plus. Pair him with Dontae Strickland and Jordan Fredericks, and Syracuse would have a young and talented backfield. Both Strickland and Fredericks could compliment him well, assuming Washington develops as expected.
If you add Washington an offense that includes budding star Steve Ishmael at receiver, a dynamic playmaker in Ervin Philips at h-back, promising receivers Jamal Custis and Adly Enoicy, and suddenly have you a skill position group ready to compete in the ACC.
The development of the quarterback would be critical, of course, but there are some young guns in the mix that could fill that role. Regardless of who is the signal caller, they would have plenty of weapons.
Off the field, Washington would create a buzz around the program that it has not had in a long time. Someone that could get the casual fan to perk their ears up and start paying more attention to what Syracuse football is building.
One could argue that should happen now, but that is a whole separate discussion. Regardless, Washington’s presence would give a jolt to the fan base and the community.
Yes Washington committing to Syracuse would be a huge deal on many levels. Yes it can be too much to put all of that on one recruit. But Syracuse recruiting has been trending in the right direction since Scott Shafer and his staff took over. Washington would be the culmination of that and further exemplify that things are turning around.
On April 25th, it’ll either be a huge day for the Syracuse football program, or, it will be “next man up” time once again.

Perhaps he's spoken to Sam Rodgers about the fellowship of Christian athletes meetings at the Melo center? If not, perhaps he would like to.

Free Article...

http://syracuse.. . . . . . . . . /story/1538212-what-robert-washington-would-mean-to-syracuse?s=185

Four-star running back Robert Washington is set to decide on April 25th. What would it mean to Syracuse should he choose the Orange?

Few recruits in recent memory have generated as much buzz within the Syracuse football fan base as four-star Huntersville (N.C.) SouthLake Christian running back Robert Washington. His April 25th announcement is rapidly approaching, and Orange fans are in eager anticipation.
Washington will be deciding between six teams. Syracuse, North Carolina, TCU, Alabama, Michigan and Florida. Those are six of the dozens of big time programs that have offered the four-star running back.
What if he chose Syracuse? What would it mean to the program?
Simply put, it would have a profound impact on several aspects of Syracuse football.
First, there is the obvious. Recruiting. Having a player of Washington’s stature commit early allows him to help a program recruit for the rest of the cycle. It sends a national message that Syracuse is ready to compete on the national stage on the recruiting front.
It sends a message to their top targets as well. It may even cause some targets take a second, harder look at Syracuse. Washington can get in their ear and help recruit a high caliber of athlete to Central New York. His clout and stature will mean something to top Orange targets.
That is in the 2016 class and beyond. Moe Neal, a three-star athlete, is good friends with Washington. That could help attract him to Syracuse. In 2017, Robert’s cousin, Aapri Washington, is one of the more talented defensive backs in the class. Having Robert at Syracuse would only enhance where the Orange stand with him.
Both Moe Neal and Aapri Washington hold offers from Syracuse.
Still early in the cycle, a commitment from Washington would give the Orange a lot of momentum heading into the late spring/early summer period.
On the field, Washington would give Syracuse a stud feature back who could become the building block around Tim Lester’s new offense. His offense is supposed to include 12 personnel and power running sets with some spread mixed in. .links-list a {color:#e95607;}

Washington would be as talented a running back as Syracuse has brought in, coming out of high school at least, in the last decade plus. Pair him with Dontae Strickland and Jordan Fredericks, and Syracuse would have a young and talented backfield. Both Strickland and Fredericks could compliment him well, assuming Washington develops as expected.
If you add Washington an offense that includes budding star Steve Ishmael at receiver, a dynamic playmaker in Ervin Philips at h-back, promising receivers Jamal Custis and Adly Enoicy, and suddenly have you a skill position group ready to compete in the ACC.
The development of the quarterback would be critical, of course, but there are some young guns in the mix that could fill that role. Regardless of who is the signal caller, they would have plenty of weapons.
Off the field, Washington would create a buzz around the program that it has not had in a long time. Someone that could get the casual fan to perk their ears up and start paying more attention to what Syracuse football is building.
One could argue that should happen now, but that is a whole separate discussion. Regardless, Washington’s presence would give a jolt to the fan base and the community.
Yes Washington committing to Syracuse would be a huge deal on many levels. Yes it can be too much to put all of that on one recruit. But Syracuse recruiting has been trending in the right direction since Scott Shafer and his staff took over. Washington would be the culmination of that and further exemplify that things are turning around.
On April 25th, it’ll either be a huge day for the Syracuse football program, or, it will be “next man up” time once again.
Lot of positive in this article.

Did Axe just do a very Axe thing and put up a thrown together restore 44 compromise article today when Bailey clearly said he was publishing one today in yesterdays RW article?

-To His point and to save you the reading if a Senior is good enough to "Earn" 44 for his Senior year as he suggests, nowadays there is a very good chance he might jump to the NFL as a Junior never wearing the number and it does nothing for recruiting.

Did Axe just do a very Axe thing and put up a thrown together restore 44 compromise article today when Bailey clearly said he was publishing one today in yesterdays RW article?

-To His point and to save you the reading if a Senior is good enough to "Earn" 44 for his Senior year as he suggests, nowadays there is a very good chance he might jump to the NFL as a Junior never wearing the number and it does nothing for recruiting.
Yep. I'm guessing Axe is trying to do a "counterpoint" to Bailey's article, which should be coming out shortly. Basically, trying to drive up discussion and therefore hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom