Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still stand by what i said Tuesday in post 2202. I never expected him to pick us, don't really care no skin off my back if he doesn't wish him the best and if he does then great. If 44 is such a big thing why hasn't he worn 44 in high school. His film looks good but then I have reservations...you know that talent level stuff everyone brings up. Some of the opponents look like jv sophmores. He is better than anyone we have now and in the recent past however don't know if he deserves all this hype. I really hate hyping up 16, 17 year old kids. Wish you the best in whatever you choose.
Are you serious? Do you actually think Nick Saban would recruit this kid if he wasn't legit? The best college talent evaluator in the nation. I don't expect Adrian Peterson's Freshman year in 2005 at Oklahoma from this kid. However, he is ranked in 119th in the ESPN300 he is legit and would be our best recruit probably since Damien Rhodes nationally. 44 is a huge deal if you care about history.
The first African-American Heisman trophy in the history wore 44 and the best RB of alltime who should have won a Heisman trophy wore 44. Some people actually respect history and tradition and if RW knows this stuff and respects it the kid obviously has a smart brain to consider this stuff in the process.

Are you serious? Do you actually think Nick Saban would recruit this kid if he wasn't legit? The best college talent evaluator in the nation. I don't expect Adrian Peterson's Freshman year in 2005 at Oklahoma from this kid. However, he is ranked in 119th in the ESPN300 he is legit and would be our best recruit probably since Damien Rhodes nationally. 44 is a huge deal if you care about history.
The first African-American Heisman trophy in the history wore 44 and the best RB of alltime who should have won a Heisman trophy wore 44. Some people actually respect history and tradition and if RW knows this stuff and respects it the kid obviously has a smart brain to consider this stuff in the process.
Damien Rhodes, another 4 star recruit that was offered 44 for his freshman season as a recruiting tool.

I know I'm repeating myself but to me the simplest explanation is that Dad's comments really tipped the likelihood of Robert committing to Cuse. Robert had not yet announced or notified all schools so of course he was uncomfortable with that. Bailey refused to take down the story - even though the proverbial cat was out of the bag at that point - so the spin now is that RW, Mom, and GF know the decision but Dad is out of the picture (even though he's not). And you know what they say about the simplest explanations. At any rate it will help me sleep tonight.

Anyway, I'm now onboard. Serious consideration by a recruit of this magnitude is nothing but a good thing. Whatever RW decides I appreciate his consideration, his recognition that Syracuse is a fine option for elite prospects and his ultimate decision whatever that may be.

Whatever the Washington family chooses I wish them all the luck in the world. All in all seem like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders would be a major loss to the program but the responsibility of turning around a program shouldn't fall on the feet of a 17-18 year old kid. That is what the coaching staff is for. So best of luck to the Syracuse tomorrow and best of luck to the Washington family whatever there decision is.

I'll tell you this... I have a home inspection that was supposed to be at 2:30 on Saturday and I said there's absolutely no way I can do that. Moved it to noon. I've never been this excited for a verbal commitment ever. If RW chooses to play his career indoors I will be one happy man. If not, I will still be rooting for him wherever he goes. As long as there is no last minute flip to Rutgers. In all seriousness this is a 17 year old kid who has nothing but bright lights in his future so while you all wait and worry and say that this means he's going here or that means hes going there, just remember you were 17 once. I was hell bent on going to oswego as a 17 year old and flipped to OCC then decided to go to Cortland. It's HIS decision so if I see any negativity from #CuseTwitterArmy consider yourself unfollowed. Best of luck to RW and I hope to see him in the Dome for years to come!

Everyone needs to have a nice Friday, hug your loved ones, play with your pets, enjoy today. Tomorrow we hopefully get a new member of the SU football clan. If for whatever reason we don't, then take a deep breath and relax. The sun will still shine, the birds will still chirp and your pets will still want you to play with them. We're almost at the end so noone panic!

The decision is at 3 EST, right? I'm driving up to Syracuse tonight to see a friend of mine that's flying in from Dallas to go to Mayfest, but I gotta get home Saturday so I want to make sure I'm home before the decision is announced so that I don't end up crying tears of joy while driving, blinding myself, and crashing. Or crying tears of sorrow and resulting in the same thing.

Basically, I need to get home before the announcement.

I spoke with Roberts dad again last night. I won't go into details of what we talked about. I just told him that no matter what I hope he and his son are ok. I wished him and his son well for tomorrow. I expressed to him how crazy this recruiting process is the first day we talked and he had said to me then that he knew. I told him you really have no ideA. Last night I reminded him of that conversation. I told him it was stressful for shy and he wasn't anywhere the prospect rw is. He said I wAs right and it was a lot more crazy than he ever thought it could get. I can't imagine the pressure they are feeling so I'm sure most people who have never done this at all have zero clue what they are dealing with. I am not sure what the whole story is and I don't want to know. I hope after saturday rw is committed to cuse. I hope after Saturday Bailey can put this crazy week behind him. I hope after this week the washington family can get a break from the insanity. But most of all I hope a dad and his son are ok.

Thanks for reaching out to him partially from us as a fan base, but more importantly as a parent who has also gone through the process. Hopefully it helped him and the family to hear from you.

I can't imagine what this might be like for the kids and the families. I wish Robert the best wherever he chooses to go and will root for him to do well. Hopefully it's at Syracuse, but it doesn't matter.

And as many have said, thanks to you and the other parents for your contributions to the forum. It's fascinating to hear the stories and details that no one ever knows unless they go through the process themselves or with a son/daughter.

Everyone needs to have a nice Friday, hug your loved ones, play with your pets, enjoy today. Tomorrow we hopefully get a new member of the SU football clan. If for whatever reason we don't, then take a deep breath and relax. The sun will still shine, the birds will still chirp and your pets will still want you to play with them. We're almost at the end so noone panic!

Have you looked out your window lately?

upload_2015-4-24_12-6-13.jpeg

Although he'd look good in Orange (aka blue/grey/white), wishing RW and his family the best no matter where he plays his ball.

Watching Damien Rhodes and SU clobber BC to b---- slap those Fiesta Bowl Dreamers awake was a thing of beauty.

"I had to keep them (Syracuse) in there..."

Oh boy.

http://recruiting.At their request,...e&hootPostID=e0e660b05c4decf2447a6fbde4180132

jekelish said:
He said the same thing about TCU and UNC. It's just a way of phrasing who he put in his top 6. Let's not read too much into it.

I thought I had read that quote before.

Tells me he's stopped talking to SU media.

I still think he's choosing Cuse. No inside info but a lot of outside factors one could consider and add up if they so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom