Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really just makes the sites look foolish and exposes their agenda. Of course, fans of factory schools won't care, because their guys will be elevated and they can all pat themselves on the back at their great fortune to land all the best players.

Yet another in a long list of reasons I loathe Rivals. Screw them and their horse. I much prefer 24/7 and Sc0ut.
Agree 100%. I ended my subscription this year. It just wasn't worth it. Nothing new ever comes out of that site and their star ratings have lost all credibility. This is another great example.

Agree 100%. I ended my subscription this year. It just wasn't worth it. Nothing new ever comes out of that site and their star ratings have lost all credibility. This is another great example.
A lot of former Rivals analysts, those that were worth a damn, jumped ship awhile back and went to Sc0ut and 24/7. Rivals is a shell of its former self.

Ahh, they do get a Home school team though. You live in Carolina, what is my link all about then? Looks like MIC plays a bunch of schools from the Southern Piedmont group then?

A lot of former Rivals analysts, those that were worth a damn, jumped ship awhile back and went to Sc0ut and 24/7. Rivals is a shell of its former self.
But they still have Mikey Farrell the BC shill.

Last year, at the Rovals NATIONAL Top 250 camp, he was rated as the 4th best RB. The last camp he did this year was the Rovals camp in Charlotte in March. He was rated as one of the three best RBs at that camp. He has not done a camp since then, when he was still a 4-star recruit in the eyes of Rovals.

Hmm...what's changed between that camp in March, and now? Gee, I wonder what it could be...

Last year, at the Rovals NATIONAL Top 250 camp, he was rated as the 4th best RB. The last camp he did this year was the Rovals camp in Charlotte in March. He was rated as one of the three best RBs at that camp. He has not done a camp since then, when he was still a 4-star recruit in the eyes of Rovals.

Hmm...what's changed between that camp in March, and now? Gee, I wonder what it could be...
The players know who the great ones are, and Rivals just proved how irrelevant they have become in the world of recruiting.

RW is a 3-star on 24-7. Has that always been the case or did they drop him down too?

and this is why its a bigger joke that so many people around here get worked up about stars and point to recruiting rankings. just remember this when rovals has us 11th, 12th, 13th in the acc at the end of the year.

Last edited:
RW is a 3-star on 24-7. Has that always been the case or did they drop him down too?

2-4-7 is a composite ranking based on the other rankings I believe so if one of the others drop down it will affect his ranking there as well. Not that I care, I think the rankings are useless for the most part, not a subscriber or a fan. I would bet that if he committed to and SEC school that he would be a 5 star.

Go no further than Wayne Morgan, was a 4 star before he committed and was being recruited by SEC, B1G schools and when he committed to SU he was dropped to a 3 star.

2-4-7 is a composite ranking based on the other rankings I believe so if one of the others drop down it will affect his ranking there as well. Not that I care, I think the rankings are useless for the most part, not a subscriber or a fan. I would bet that if he committed to and SEC school that he would be a 5 star.

Go no further than Wayne Morgan, was a 4 star before he committed and was being recruited by SEC, B1G schools and when he committed to SU he was dropped to a 3 star.

Adly Enoicy was a 4 star at rovals for a year and then downgraded to 2 stars either just prior to his Syracuse commit or just after.

2-4-7 has both a composite ranking of the 3 major sites, and then they do their own evaluation and ranking. The composite has him as a 4 star 90 rating, 10th RB in the country (Hasn't been updated since the rovals ranking change though). Their own ranking has him as a high 3 star, 88 rating, 21st overall RB in the country. I actually think their own company's player rankings are more on point than any other sites

Would it be too out of line for me to say, to those who doubted the bias at most of the recruiting sites, "I told ya so"?

Here's the dirty little secret; the opinions of the members of this site are just as valid as the "analysis" done by the tools at the recruiting web sites. The ONLY difference, really, is that y'all don't get paid, or charge, for them.

Would it be too out of line for me to say, to those who doubted the bias at most of the recruiting sites, "I told ya so"?

Here's the dirty little secret; the opinions of the members of this site are just as valid as the "analysis" done by the tools at the recruiting web sites. The ONLY difference, really, is that y'all don't get paid, or charge, for them.
And while I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I've watched a lot of film on Robert Washington. More than is probably healthy.

There is no way he's not at least a 4-star talent. None. The big knock I've heard is "oh he plays against weak competition" but honestly...so what? It's not his fault. He still absolutely destroys that competition. He's averaged 10.5 yards per carry for his entire high school career. He's been laser clocked at under 4.5, and he's the captain of Team USA - which features a lot of the best players in America.

I'm honestly not sure what the people who rate him as a 3-star recruit are looking at. It's perplexing.

And while I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I've watched a lot of film on Robert Washington. More than is probably healthy.

There is no way he's not at least a 4-star talent. None. The big knock I've heard is "oh he plays against weak competition" but honestly...so what? It's not his fault. He still absolutely destroys that competition. He's averaged 10.5 yards per carry for his entire high school career. He's been laser clocked at under 4.5, and he's the captain of Team USA - which features a lot of the best players in America.

I'm honestly not sure what the people who rate him as a 3-star recruit are looking at. It's perplexing.

exactly, he's performed in the combines so who cares what his competition in high school is. that's silly.

Khairi Clark played against "weak" competition. Montravius Adams's school in Georgia had roughly 400 kids. Not a big school by any stretch of the imagination. Both were rated highly coming out of high school. Clark to Florida, Adams to Auburn. I personally believe there's bias involved.

exactly, he's performed in the combines so who cares what his competition in high school is. that's silly.
I'm guessing that a reason why Washington's slipped is because he's not doing the combine thing anymore. If I were him, I wouldn't. It's not worth the risk of injury just to impress a bunch of fat old guys who call themselves experts in order to maintain some stupid rating.

Khairi Clark played against "weak" competition. Montravius Adams's school in Georgia had roughly 400 kids. Not a big school by any stretch of the imagination. Both were rated highly coming out of high school. Clark to Florida, Adams to Auburn. I personally believe there's bias involved.
Oh trust me, Syracuse fans understand about the small school thing - unfortunately through a kid that got away. Mike Hart is the all-time leading rusher in Michigan history, and grew up playing against really weak competition in the Syracuse area. He averaged 11.8 yards per carry for his career in high school but Tom Lemming, for instance, refused to rank him as a RB because he didn't think he had a future there. He was a 3-star recruit as rated by Rovals.

Oh, and another kid from the same high school wound up at Central Florida and turned out to be pretty good despite also only being rated as a 3-star kid: Latavius Murray, the current starting RB for the Raiders.

So yeah...the competition thing is overrated. If you can play, you can play.

I'm guessing that a reason why Washington's slipped is because he's not doing the combine thing anymore. If I were him, I wouldn't. It's not worth the risk of injury just to impress a bunch of fat old guys who call themselves experts in order to maintain some stupid rating.
Exactly, he has committed, he wants to get here early. His peers know how good he is and respect him. He is putting less wear and tear on his body. It is all good for us. I admit, I like when we get kids with more stars, but I like it better when they represent the school and program well and kick butt on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom