RC vs Newark Tech Recap TOC Semis | Syracusefan.com

RC vs Newark Tech Recap TOC Semis

T

tee1222

Quarter 1

Tyler starts off blocking a weak attempt at a layup from the left side.
In fairness, the guard pumped faked Tyler before the layup, Tyler still had time to adjust. Patient. Too easy.
Malachi called for charge on the other end. He doesn't like the call.
Tyler covering his man way out on the perimeter. Man, he looks confident in his footwork. It's going to be a great year with 5 of these talented kids coming in.
Backdoor by Newark Tech, for a nice little jam, well done.
Gist misses three, Silva active, almost gets offensive board. He's got length, not just tall. Will fill out more, but he looks athletic for a big guy.
Saintil all over the place pressuring his man, forces bad decision, Silva with the help causes the ball out of bounds back to RC. I love Saintil's grit.
Silva bought it on the backdoor play. They showed replay. His bad that play.
Tech hits a banking chuck for a three, they're up 5 nil.
Silva in lane, got stuck but smart enough to kick to Tyler who finishes business, RC scores.
Gist scores quickly to make it 5-4, Tech. Gist does everything quickly lol.
Malachi, good defensive position, his man travels, ball back to RC.
Gost again gets in deep, dishes low to Silva, but misses badly, he wanted the foul. A little contact, but oh well.
Roberson misses, tough fadeaway but that wasn't far off the mark.
Malachi steal, open court jam!
Malachi almost another steal on identical play.
Silva blocks one, but his man was in bad position to take that shot.
Sloppy play by Tech right now, letting RC back in.
Roberson, flying through the air on an outlet, almost dunked but had the mind to realize he took off too far away, so he lays it in. My boy's wicked smart.
RC takes the lead with that.
Bullock with a nice mid range jumper on the wing, it's good!
Roberson, rebound, deep outlet to Gist blocked but ball to Malachi hits from downtown. Malachi knows what to do when he has a little room.
Wild shot by Tech misses, RC misses deep shot, then Tech finally hits a jumper, RC up by 4 still.
Tyler in lane but called for charge. The defender had good position, leaned, but he was there for a while.
Tyler, tips to Tyler, finally snatches defensive board and outlets again to push the tempo. He really likes to get the ball up the court to his teammates in a hurry and rarely throws that pass away. Give and go, gets it back and draws the foul. He misses both. Jittery on those FTs, but he'll settle. He always does. You have to remember: this team got stronger as the post season went by. Escalated with Sectional, Regional and TOC chips, boyeeee.
RC holds for one, Saintil dishes to Bullock for a very acrobatic layin at the last second. RC by 6 after Quarter 1.

Quarter 2

(Please read this. A clinic, really.)

Francis, just an fyi. Really starting to like what Bullock brings to the table.
Saintil, ridiculous bank shot falls. He actually did that on purpose! Saintil = Gamer
Ooof, Gist bringing up the ball flies by his man dribbling with left hand, the mind to dish to his boy Bullock. Finishes. He's like a bull. A little Briscoe strength going on. RC in the 2-3, Tyler almost blocks another but Tech converts. Richardson spots up swishes three. He squared up on that one. From Gist.
This is a team effort right now.
Highsmith in on the action with a three. Funky delivery, but he nailed it.
Saintil in the open court, great pass to Malachi, layup from the left side and RC has another gear right now. Malachi was an and one, converts FT. Outta my way, dudes from Newark.
Tech has no answer for this offensive juggernaut. Neither do I.
28-12 RC after that run, but Newark stops the bleeding, goes to the line and gets 1 of 2.
Gist misses three, Malachi misses offensive tip, Tyler misses offensive tip and it goes the other way.
Lanky G/F Murrill #13 from Tech. I like his promise, but he's a senior. Has offers from Ivy League schools at the time. Not a high major.
Ooh nice, Tyler with a block without even jumping. He was just clever enough to deflect the ball as his guy tossed it up awkwardly.
Highsmith another three! Better form there, he set himself.
Stop leaving Highsmith alone! Yet another three. Someone teach this team to get out on the shooters please. Please?
RC just steamrolling, up by 16 before Tech answers.
Roberson dishes to Bullock for another nice deuce.
Open court, Saintil layup. It's getting ugly.
Gist up his old tricks, tripped up and fouled speeding down the lane. Go speed racer, GO!
Malachi with another three.
Ho hum, steal and layup again by Saintil.
A finely tuned turbo engine Italian sportscar, RC. This is silly. They are hovering at around 70% FG right now, maybe over that at this point.
It's like 30 second basket percentage! Yep, 72% they announce.
Tech shooting at 36%. I smell trouble and I'm pinching my nose.
And I take that back about Murrill. His outside shot's form is not for high major basketball. Wide open, terrible looking delivery and the result CLANG showed END CLANG.
Oh, lawwwwwwwd, Malachi completely unselfish, gives Gist a three try who swishes and fouled! This is like a video game. And I think by now it's obvious who's human and who's cpu on easy level. Word?
Not seeing much from Silva/Obame right now, but Malachi, Gist, Highsmith, Saintil and Bullock have taken over like Starbucks, Walmart and Target all wrapped into one large coffee brewing/retail conglomerate.
Roberson called for offensive foul trying to put one back. Still, great effort. He's just that much higher in the air than anyone on the other team.
On cue, Silva with nice cleanup on offensive putback.
RC by 22 as half winds down. Silva gets his shot blocked after offensive rebound, he got it back but threw it away.
RC has 20 point lead going into 2nd half.

Well done chap!!! Are you at the game? Or are you watching a stream?

Quarter 3

Going into this quarter, RC is 7 of 10 from beyond the arch. Not to mention the 80 bunnies they converted. Nasty.
Here's what's crazy. As you go from what would normally be a low percentage shot down to FTs, they go in order of percentage:
Three pointers - 70%
Two pointers - somewhere ni between
Free throws - 25%
Yep, that's about right. In bizarro basketball land.
11 assists in the first half on just plain beautiful basketball.
Hi. We're Roselle Catholic. We have Beast. But did we mention we have about 800 guards that can shoot the lights out? :)
Wild shot and miss by Tyler but Silva got offensive rebound flying in and being active, heads to the line.
After the miss, Tyler nearly from a standstill after the play, throws the ball downward ala Dwight Howard. Didn't count, but it was an outrageous quazi-uberdunk.

I don't think most people here realize how athletic Tyler is. That's why I feel I need to bold this!

Silva hits 1 out of 2.
Pace has slowed.
Tyler converts an oop, but it should have been interference as it was going in, Beast shouldn't have touched it. Correction, Gist gets the bucket. Tyler just had no business playing with it from 8 feet above the cylinder ;)
Oh, here's why Silva gets technical foul. Bumping each other, his man sort of shoves him, he shoves back harder! Called for T, but I would have shoved back if I was getting egged on. Then again, I'm an idiot at times. Tee me up, says Silva. But not this way, dude. You'll get them in nicer packages once you join the pay side.
To the bench, young fella, but most would have fought back that chipiness.
Saintil steps into a steal like we saw MCW do a few times. He gets called for the foul. Doesn't love it. I believe he has a warranted gripe on that one.
RC still up by 20 but this game has slowed a ton.
Roberson gets the ball, intentional foul. His head banged into the post. Dirty, dangerous, stupid foul. Tyler gets up, hits first FT...
Toilet bowl just rims out the second. Still, he doesn't quit after rough foul. Draws the foul again and back to the line.
Tyler misses well short on first freebie, swishes second. 6 points, 5 rebounds and at least 2 blocks to this point.
Beast picks up third foul contesting another shot.
Wild, wrong footed running shot by Malachi and it falls in. 17 for Malachi right now.
Teams are getting kind of physical, probably a bit of frustration from Tech.
Gist is now mugged and to the floor. He gets up, shakes it off. Newark Tech playing football. Still not going to help them though. Go back to Ohio State, turkeys.
I believe he hit 1 of 2 there.
Under 4 minutes left in 3rd quarter in this what turned out to be a playoff hockey game, ay? Ay?
Lead is now at 16.
Roberson with a miss.
People to the floor again, jump ball, RC retains.
Silva checks back in. Probably so he can protect his guards that are being tossed to the floor every minute. No kidding. Pretty obvious.
Saintil now fouled! He goes to the line. Maybe another intentional foul. This aint basketball. Saintil 6 points, 4 boards, 2 steals and I'm sure a few assists as well.
Hits both FTs.
Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, great help side block by Silva. Like a cat. Explosive on that one. Silva is going to come into his own as a defender in the coming years.

Needs polish but some promise there.
Malachi, another three with a long, exagerrated follow through. Pretty.
Silva, another block and causes held ball. RC gets it back.
Silva called for a foul, he was bumping but causing some disruption in the paint. He helped stop the bleeding and has slowed down what little promise Tech had to get back in this one.
Saintil back to the line. Hits 1 out of 2.
Gist stifles his man with great on the ball defense to end the quarter.
RC with a 19 point lead heading into the 4th. Roberson has had a long rest in the past 5 minutes of the 3rd.

Replay on demand. Fios1. I love these replays!

Tee!!!!!
You sneaky...son of a bitchhhhhh!!!

dillonpredator.gif

Quarter 4

Tyler, cold nasty rejection goes into the crowd with that one. Beast-like.
Murrill nifty putback. He kind of yelled back at Tyler after a slight push. Glad Tyler sticking up for his guys anyway.
Gist fouled driving in the lane.
Sloppiness back and forth to start this quarter. Lots of bumping, travels, a backcourt violation. Nothing doing right now.
Long pass to Bullock, misses, Tyler there misses offensive putback but he was fouled to the floor again. Back to the line, Beast.
In and out and back in, hits the first. Gets the roll, shooter's touch and hits both free throws.
Newark Tech is Newark Teed up. A player down, intentionally tried to trip an RC player. If I were Tyler or Silva, I would be pushing back too now. Not called for. Take your loss, Tech.
Oh, there. It's better. Saintil with a foul, they make up and tap each other on the shoulder as a nice gesture.
Game is over with 5 minutes left and both teams know it.
Saintil with some nice hustle almost saves a missed FT. You look up grit in the dictionary, you see this guy. A little more height, little more length and we would have still been after him. He'll make a 4 year player and point guard. Looks like either Saint Louis or Fairfield. Had interest from SMU, Cincy, KState, Rhode Island at one time.
After the 2nd quarter, this game turned into a snoozer. But what a second quarter it was!
Tyler, very long arms slaps a tough rebound to his buddy.
Saintil back to the line for what looks to be his 762nd foul shot attempt this game.
Bullock might have had partial block on a three attempt.
Gist trapped and mugged. Then trapped. Then mugged. :)
Silva and Highsmith coming back in.
Highsmith, another guy that can shoot the ball. Not afraid to at the very least and you like to see that.
Tyler breakaway slam! Two handed.
He comes out, 10 points, 6 rebounds 2 blocks. A good game, but they sat him a bunch as this was out of hand a long while ago.
Silva layup in the paint from Malachi.
Highsmith draws the foul.
Silva after bumped in the face getting too close, storms back the other way angrily and swats a shot off the backboard with a vengeance!
Goes all the way to Highsmith for an open court layup.
That was block number 5 and he got every single piece of that one. He gets another defensive board as this game wraps up.
Francis, not yet much of an offensive game from the young man, but he has promise on the defensive end. I would like to see how his game grows next year, but a ways off still in all honesty.

Malachi was interviewed after the game, he sounded confident going into St. Joe's game. He was ready, and RC as we know, delivered it all against Towns and company.

Good job and thanks Tee for the report. Really like how RC is going to shape up with life after The Beast. Tee, how did Malachi look off the bounce?

Good job and thanks Tee for the report. Really like how RC is going to shape up with life after The Beast. Tee, how did Malachi look off the bounce?
Absolutely any time, my friend. You know I love this stuff. :)
He really was mostly his normal catch and shoot self, but did put the ball on the floor a few bounces on breaks. He is not the dribble penetration sort of guy, but I did notice that towards the end of the season, because he has incredible range, that all he needed was a few bounces to get into the lane. For him, I think he realizes that his shot opens it up for him that all he really needs is a quick first step. At that point, when people collapsed, he was smart enough to find the open man.

If he worked on his first step and ball handling skills, he would be such a nightmare as his shot is so fluid at times. He doesn't even need a lot of room anymore due to his release and height. But yeah, I'm hoping for it as much as you. With a tight handle, he would dominate. No 2 or 3 would be able to cover him without a little help. Correction. A lot of help.

Hey, just a side note...
Did you know St Bennie's have two European forwards coming in, both 6'10?
http://zagsblog.com/articles/st-benedicts-reloading-with-foreign-players/

This could get interesting with Briscoe and Jonathan Williams now running the show.
Will be fun to watch for them and RC again!
Caught that article earlier. Heard good things about the Atl kid Damon Wilson. Should be interesting to see how everything blends for them next season. I know they'll definitely miss The Creator's leadership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom