Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves… | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves…

Status
Not open for further replies.
wfschrec this is my post you replied to, now click on it and look what I was replying to. Again, where am I moving the goal posts.
You started with arm not as strong … more than one person said not the case then it became arm talent and accuracy . .. my reply … look at completion percentage … after that what else is there? That leads to you’re being aggressive LOL … whatever dude.

Good grief no I did not insult you in my reply .,. Quite it and show me. I said you used a trope and then I get the obligatory you hurt my feelings reply … don’t get you at all. If my reply (the one you said was aggressive) hurt your feelings you shouldn’t watch grown men play football because that is far more aggressive than anything I said. Not that hard .,. You were comparing Dungy and Shrader and I said they are comparable .. if you don’t want people replying don’t post on a thread on a message board.
I literally just said you didn’t insult me in my reply. I’m just realizing your reading comprehension is that of a toddler, no need to engage with you anymore. I was comparing arm strength between the two and you start listing EDs and GSs competition percentages and when I point out how I wasn’t comparing their accuracy you start telling me how I’m moving goal posts. You make literally no sense.

You started with arm not as strong … more than one person said not the case then it became arm talent and accuracy . .. my reply … look at completion percentage … after that what else is there? That leads to you’re being aggressive LOL … whatever dude.
The accuracy came into play when someone started saying how his arm strength was good enough for the NFL, I said it’s not only his arm strength that isn’t NFL level. There was no comparison between GS and ED in terms of accuracy on my end, you made that up to have a go at me or you just flat out can’t read.

I literally just said you didn’t insult me in my reply. I’m just realizing your reading comprehension is that of a toddler, no need to engage with you anymore. I was comparing arm strength between the two and you start listing EDs and GSs competition percentages and when I point out how I wasn’t comparing their accuracy you start telling me how I’m moving goal posts. You make literally no sense.
Then move along … you said aggressive … my response was to a post explicitly to a post about accuracy … good grief.

Then move along … you said aggressive … my response was to a post explicitly to a post about accuracy … good grief.
Yes you replied to a post about accuracy, but your response was making it an accuracy debate between ED and GS, which was not what was being talked about. It was how GSs accuracy translates to the league.

The accuracy came into play when someone started saying how his arm strength was good enough for the NFL, I said it’s not only his arm strength that isn’t NFL level. There was no comparison between GS and ED in terms of accuracy on my end, you made that up to have a go at me or you just flat out can’t read.
Well if you aren’t talking about velocity and accuracy then what other factor covers arm talent … last I knew strength and accuracy are the two main components

Well if you aren’t talking about velocity and accuracy then what other factor covers arm talent … last I knew strength and accuracy are the two main components
I was comparing GSs and EDs arm strength, their zip on the ball. Never once did I even try to compare their accuracy or say one was better than the other in that regard because in my eyes they’re very similar in that regard. I said specifically in my head ED didn’t have the issue GS does in terms of floating the ball (Arm strength) And I even said it could just be in my head and how I view the 2 because I haven’t broken down ED film since he left. Then you come listing EDs completion percentages and telling me how I move goal posts.

I was comparing GSs and EDs arm strength, their zip on the ball. Never once did I even try to compare their accuracy or say one was better than the other in that regard because in my eyes they’re very similar in that regard. I said specifically in my head ED didn’t have the issue GS does in terms of floating the ball (Arm strength)
And you were told that isn’t the case and then jumped into accuracy … follow your own breadcrumbs

Plenty of backups in the NFL don't have the strongest arm. Kellen Moore stuck as a backup for a few years with a really weak arm, as did Chad Pennington post injury, then starters like Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton never had great arms. Being an NFL backup your not judged on the same scale
All 3 of those guys were better throwers than ED or GS. As you know they were also much higher valued than our guys with Ryan taken 3rd in the Draft and Dalton and Pennington having long runs in the league.

Consistency and accuracy get you noticed and keep you in the league and at this point both our guys (in my opinion) struggled in both areas.

And you were told that isn’t the case and then jumped into accuracy … follow your own breadcrumbs
Are you serious?? The arm strength debate and accuracy conversation are with 2 different posters about 2 different things. Are you a troll? Arm stength conversation = ED comparisons with 1 poster. Accuracy conversation = How he translates to the NFL with another poster. How are you not following along?

Are you serious?? The arm strength debate and accuracy conversation are with 2 different posters about 2 different things. Are you a troll?
You complete me …

Are you serious?? The arm strength debate and accuracy conversation are with 2 different posters about 2 different things. Are you a troll? Arm stength conversation = ED comparisons with 1 poster. Accuracy conversation = How he translates to the NFL with another poster. How are you not following along?
Actually they hemmed into one as you stated to them Eric had a more live arm … go back and read it or do you need me to show you again … it was born out of a comparison of them both. You’re so wound up you can’t even see it … LOL

Actually they hemmed into one as you stated to them Eric had a more live arm … go back and read it or do you need me to show you again … it was born out of a comparison of them both. You’re so wound up you can’t even see it … LOL
I said Eric had a more live arm. More zip. Then someone totally different not involved in that conversation said he thinks he can make it in the NFL and compared Josh Allen. I said that arm strength isn’t his only issue as to why I don’t think he’s an NFL prospect and dove into his accuracy. I specifically said he can make a majority of the college throws but that doesn’t always translate to the NFL because the coverage is a lot tighter and you’re throwing into a tight window virtually every play. I’m not wound up I’m in awe that you can’t figure this out. You’re acting like because I cited his arm strength first that his accuracy also isn’t an issue when it comes to the NFL? His accuracy is comparable to ED, no? And EDs wasn’t close to good enough for the league.

I expect him to be meat grinded like every QB we've had since pretty much McNabb. So it's almost irrelevant to assume health. He will be dinged up. I also think there's a spot for him if he can lean into the Taysom Hill role. He could get drafted in that spot.

I'm less concerned about Shrader and more about OG playing again. If they are 6-0 or 6-1 sure if there is an outside shot of a big time bowl game i'm sure he'll contribute to that but that window closes immediately with loss #2 and i still don't think he risks even an Orange Bowl type game vs a first round drafted position. Am I crazy to think this?
If OG gets healthy during the regular season he's coming back and playing. He won't shut it down. Playing in a bowl will likely not happen. But i guess its possible if he feels like he needs to impress one more time before the NFL maybe? Like if he only gets to come back for a few games and maybe was not exactly 100% in the first couple maybe he gives it a go in his bowl game to prove he's ready for the next level. Still don't think that would be too likely though.

But If he isn't back at 100% this year he may want to come back for all of 2024. Who knows?

I said Eric had a more live arm. More zip. Then someone totally different not involved in that conversation said he thinks he can make it in the NFL and compared Josh Allen. I said that arm strength isn’t his only issue as to why I don’t think he’s an NFL prospect and dove into his accuracy. I specifically said he can make a majority of the college throws but that doesn’t always translate to the NFL because the coverage is a lot tighter and you’re throwing into a tight window virtually every play. I’m not wound up I’m in awe that you can’t figure this out. You’re acting like because I cited his arm strength first that his accuracy also isn’t an issue when it comes to the NFL? His accuracy is comparable to ED, no? And EDs wasn’t close to good enough for the league.
And Eric didn’t which was the point. I never said Shrader was an NFL prospect … I said the two were comparable and you said they weren’t and used to separate tracks to that argument … you seem to not comprehend that part and I’m done explaining it.

And Eric didn’t which was the point. I never said Shrader was an NFL prospect … I said the two were comparable and you said they weren’t and used to separate tracks to that argument … you seem to not comprehend that part and I’m done explaining it.
Where did I say they weren’t comparable? Show me where. Because I said he had more zip? Even if one has a better arm than the other it’s not so substantial that it makes one so much better than the other. You’re just making things up now. The only one not comprehending is you. You’re actually mind boggling. If you can show me where I said they’re not comparable or where I even Implied it I will send you $1,000.

Where did I say they weren’t comparable? Show me where. Because I said he had more zip? Even if one has a better arm than the other it’s not so substantial that it makes one so much better than the other. You’re just making things up now. The only one not comprehending is you. You’re actually mind boggling. If you can show me where I said they’re not comparable or where I even Implied it I will send you $1,000.
Better arm talent … your words. You know I should t say any more wouldn’t want to come off as “aggressive” or anything :eyeroll: For someone so offended you seem to like to keep this going.

Better arm talent … your words. You know I should t say any more wouldn’t want to come off as “aggressive” or anything :eyeroll: For someone so offended you seem to like to keep this going.
Better arm talent, that doesn’t mean it was so much better that they’re not comparable. Better arm talent as in one has more zip on their balls than the other which I clarified on multiple posts. I was never offended nor said I was offended. I said you were aggressive in your approach.

I think there is some sort of IT error. I clicked on this post thinking it'd be about Oronde's injury, but I think it took me to the page about reading the tea leaves related to Shrader's future? Someone help?!

Better arm talent, yes my words but doesn’t mean it was so much better that they’re not comparable. Better arm talent as in one has more zip on their balls than the other which I clarified on multiple posts. I was never offended nor said I was offended. I said you were aggressive in your approach.
And as stated he didn’t so here we are again … just move on. We are going to agree and I really don’t care enough.

I expect him to be meat grinded like every QB we've had since pretty much McNabb. So it's almost irrelevant to assume health. He will be dinged up. I also think there's a spot for him if he can lean into the Taysom Hill role. He could get drafted in that spot.

I'm less concerned about Shrader and more about OG playing again. If they are 6-0 or 6-1 sure if there is an outside shot of a big time bowl game i'm sure he'll contribute to that but that window closes immediately with loss #2 and i still don't think he risks even an Orange Bowl type game vs a first round drafted position. Am I crazy to think this?
100000% you’re crazy. There’s no way in hell he’s sitting out unless he has to.

And as stated he didn’t so here we are again … just move on. We are going to agree and I really don’t care enough.
We don’t even disagree. I quite literally said 3 hours ago the zip could’ve been in my head because I haven’t broken down Dungey tape since he left. I didn’t debate that he did after that and you jumped in spewing because like I said originally you just like having pointless debates with me for whatever reason. I seriously feel like I could say the sky is blue and you’d say no it’s orange and start singing the Syracuse alma mater at me just to have a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.