Recruiting thoughts... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting thoughts...

With what went down yesterday, wouldn't it be intriguing if SU suddenly started pulling in some of the best classes it has ever had?

But, that couldn't happen. I hear that JB is a has-been.

With what went down yesterday, wouldn't it be intriguing if SU suddenly started pulling in some of the best classes it has ever had?

But, that couldn't happen. I hear that JB is a has-been.
Are you really that confident we are in the clear? I'm not. There may not be an NCAA when this all done. This will permeate into football soon too.

Are you really that confident we are in the clear? I'm not. There may not be an NCAA when this all done. This will permeate into football soon too.
NCAA will not go beyond the FBI. It won't open up that can of worms.
IMO, SU/JB is a big name that would have eagerly been included in the initial press release.
Remains to be seen.

I am confidant we are in the clear.

I really don't see the nervousness from some. This is about adidas, and Nike. UK will skirt because they do their bidding without them. Nike doesn't funnel players to us, that's for sure. We will be fine. The ASM thing scared people, but just a coincidence as they look at others. In my opinion.

Any chance we can get a transfer from one of these sinking ships? With TT leaving we probably are one of the only big name programs with an opening around. Or is it just too late on the calender for that?

Any chance we can get a transfer from one of these sinking ships? With TT leaving we probably are one of the only big name programs with an opening around. Or is it just too late on the calender for that?

Doubt they can leave mid semester. I don't know about you, but I don't want to touch any of these guys with a 50 foot pole. Toxic.

Doubt they can leave mid semester. I don't know about you, but I don't want to touch any of these guys with a 50 foot pole. Toxic.
Depends on the circumstance. I'd want to be vetting anyone hard. But I bet there are some good kids who will just be caught at the wrong place.

I am confidant we are in the clear.
The saving grace for me is that as we are currently on probation, I don't think we would be overtly dirty within the scope of this investigation. Should the timeline go back further than 2015, maybe we would encounter some trouble.

The saving grace for me is that as we are currently on probation, I don't think we would be overtly dirty within the scope of this investigation.

I mean...Rick Pitino.

But this whole thing revolves around recruiting, and we have a history of backing off on recruitments that have the whiff of illigetimacy. So I do agree that I doubt we get dragged into this.

i would think adding carey & roberts would put this class in the top 15, but only because buddy & nate are underrated (and carey, too, to a lesset extent). personally believe thats a top 5 collection

i would think adding carey & roberts would put this class in the top 15, but only because buddy & nate are underrated (and carey, too, to a lesset extent). personally believe thats a top 5 collection

Tell me why I should like Nate Roberts more than I do. I trust the staff but have never been that impressed with what I've seen.

Tell me why I should like Nate Roberts more than I do. I trust the staff but have never been that impressed with what I've seen.
I'll bite, just for Devil's Advocate perspective. Kid runs like a gazelle, he's a jumping jack, and he has nice touch around the basket, also a lefty. Clearly needs to get stronger, add weight and strength, but a nice Prospect. Have I mentioned he runs like a gazelle?

I'll bite, just for Devil's Advocate perspective. Kid runs like a gazelle, he's a jumping jack, and he has nice touch around the basket, also a lefty. Clearly needs to get stronger, add weight and strength, but a nice Prospect. Have I mentioned he runs like a gazelle?

Thanks. Again, I'm sure he's good. I just haven't been wowed by what I've seen. Red loves him and that's good enough for me. I've heard he doesn't play above the rim which defies what you say about him being a jumping jack. I'd love to see something from him and get what others love about him.

Thanks. Again, I'm sure he's good. I just haven't been wowed by what I've seen. Red loves him and that's good enough for me. I've heard he doesn't play above the rim which defies what you say about him being a jumping jack. I'd love to see something from him and get what others love about him.
it's not that i believe he's a unpolished potential 5 star, but i do think he has a lot of skills and attributes. we'll see what the year at brewster does to bring it all out of him; i think he'll end up in or very near the top 100 of his class when the final 2018 rankings are released

it's not that i believe he's a unpolished potential 5 star, but i do think he has a lot of skills and attributes. we'll see what the year at brewster does to bring it all out of him; i think he'll end up in or very near the top 100 of his class when the final 2018 rankings are released
Elaborate on those skills, please. Maybe I just need to see better footage of him.

Elaborate on those skills, please. Maybe I just need to see better footage of him.
i haven't seen any more than you, but he runs the floor well; good hands, catches the ball & finishes; good short to medium range jumper; good first step to get around defenders, could become a good jab step move; ok rebounder, can't wait to see how he does as he grows into his size. defensively, he has the body to play the 5 in the zone and it seems the lateral quickness to man the wing

Definitely an athlete who fits our profile more than a finished product.

But he's athletic as shiz and a lefty. PLUS he grew several inches this summer, so he's growing into his frame.

How's that for rationalization?

We have zero top 50 guys this year and we still have a top 20 class. I’m bullish on the program going forward. We will be good!

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 9.04.46 AM.png

This is awesome BTW. Like do we think Jim went up to Buddy's room and politely knocked on the door to officially pitch him?

Maybe he meant we have zero top 50 guys in 2017 and we still have a top 50 class in 2018. True considering the Canadian guys aren't ranked.

Yep. Exactly what I meant.

View attachment 111762

This is awesome BTW. Like do we think Jim went up to Buddy's room and politely knocked on the door to officially pitch him?
"Buddy, time for dinner! Come downstairs and set the table!"

Cue an NCAA investigation into impermissible benefits (lavish meals at the Boeheim household) provided to 2018 Syracuse recruit Buddy Boeheim.

"Buddy, time for dinner! Come downstairs and set the table!"

Cue an NCAA investigation into impermissible benefits (lavish meals at the Boeheim household) provided to 2018 Syracuse recruit Buddy Boeheim.
How do you know the meals are lavish ? Buddy is not exactly a porker - LOL !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom