Class of 2016 - Recruits and Offers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Recruits and Offers

So, with either Giordano or Blair taking a spot, and no more Ginnetti (probably)...we've got 15 scholarships used for '16. With a projected 18 available slots, that means 3 spots left. I'm guessing it'll wind up around 20 spots being filled, but let's stick with 18 for now.

Eric Burrell (DB)
Jay Rose (TE)

Those are the top two at the moment. Then add in any combination of Bo Peek (DT), Christian Colon (DT), Cycoby Burch (DB), Devon Clarke (DB), Martin Mangram (DB) and, if we dare to dream, Donald Stewart (WR)

So, with either Giordano or Blair taking a spot, and no more Ginnetti (probably)...we've got 15 scholarships used for '16. With a projected 18 available slots, that means 3 spots left. I'm guessing it'll wind up around 20 spots being filled, but let's stick with 18 for now.

Eric Burrell (DB)
Jay Rose (TE)

Those are the top two at the moment. Then add in any combination of Bo Peek (DT), Christian Colon (DT), Cycoby Burch (DB), Devon Clarke (DB), Martin Mangram (DB) and, if we dare to dream, Donald Stewart (WR)
As long as we're dreaming, how about Aaron Mathews at WR (we are supposed to be in his final four) and Jovani Haskins at TE? They are both 4 stars.

As long as we're dreaming, how about Aaron Mathews at WR (we are supposed to be in his final four) and Jovani Haskins at TE? They are both 4 stars.
Well, mine aren't particularly dreams. Mathews is not really considering us and we haven't been on Haskins in ages. The guys I named are all possible.

Eric Burrell (DB)
Jay Rose (TE)

I really want us to land Rose. We badly need a solid TE recruit AND his nickname has to be Axel. lol

It's being said that Moe Neal will be a January enrollee as well.

If Blair doesn't qualify and has to Prep, Giordano comes off this list and Blair swaps with him.

I think the Jan enrollee group from this class is easily the best we've ever had, adding Blair to that mix just makes it ridiculous.

If Blair doesn't qualify and has to Prep, Giordano comes off this list and Blair swaps with him.

I think the Jan enrollee group from this class is easily the best we've ever had, adding Blair to that mix just makes it ridiculous.

And maybe Ginnetti too.

Giordano has been removed - takes Blair's spot.

How many slots are available? Also, if a player leaves via transfer/quits football does that open up a slot as well?

How many slots are available? Also, if a player leaves via transfer/quits football does that open up a slot as well?
It is difficult to tell right now as not all of the class recruited by Shafer has been contacted by the new staff. And yes if some one transfers out that is a slot for the overall 85 # but you can only take 25 each class.

It is difficult to tell right now as not all of the class recruited by Shafer has been contacted by the new staff. And yes if some one transfers out that is a slot for the overall 85 # but you can only take 25 each class.
Ya, this is going to get interesting. I think there's definitely going to be some attrition. I'm just interested to see where it's going to come from.

Recruiting class/roster/both?

Also interested to see the numbers they plan to dedicate to certain position groups.

Thank you. Could X amount of players in January be used for 2015?

Ya, this is going to get interesting. I think there's definitely going to be some attrition. I'm just interested to see where it's going to come from.

Recruiting class/roster/both?

Also interested to see the numbers they plan to dedicate to certain position groups.
Absolutely. BG has 17 WRs on their roster.

Crusty said:
Absolutely. BG has 17 WRs on their roster.

Seriously? 17?

I'm really looking forward to seeing those January guys in the spring game. Possible impact guys which is fantastic.

MBrinson – 1/15 visit to Georgia State, 1/22 visit to Indiana

DParker - 1/22 visit to Indiana

LScott – 1/15 visit to Tulane, 1/22 visit to Harvard, 1/24 visit to Rutgirls

BHarper – Tulane

NBrouse – Villanova flipped to UConn

CDeGeorge – UConn

WStubbs – Georgia State

BGinnetti –

SPalmer – UMASS

TRiggins – UMASS

Last edited:

Forum statistics