Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just amazes me that we consider an 18 - 10 record at this point as a bust or mediocre. Very real path to 20+ wins and top 5 in the ACC is a status 80% of the teams in the country would kill for.
for me its make the tourney or bust...

there are not 64 better rosters in the country, even with all the absences/etc...not even close.

this was a tourney roster all year, imo.

Has to win the next one and Red has done his job 20 wins and we have a shot at a bid without winning the ACCT.

This team struggles in certain situations but one spot where I think we are very strong is in terms of someone beating us twice. Clemson might be in big trouble even at their place. Still kind of terrified we Louisville though.
Yes and I don't like that the game at Louisville is a 8pm/Saturday game. At least it's not their final home game, they have 2 more home games after that.

When teams are up big but have 8 or less fouls they should be scoring and then trying to foul a big man for a 1 and one to try and boost the NET.
or just pretend the NET doesnt exist? how about that?

Has to win the next one and Red has done his job 20 wins and we have a shot at a bid without winning the ACCT.

This team struggles in certain situations but one spot where I think we are very strong is in terms of someone beating us twice. Clemson might be in big trouble even at their place. Still kind of terrified we Louisville though.

We have to beat louisville and clemson to have any shot at a bid without winning the ACCT. Lose either 1 and we gotta win the tourny.

We have to beat louisville and clemson to have any shot at a bid without winning the ACCT. Lose either 1 and we gotta win the tourny.
I think we can beat Ville lose to Clemson and make it if we get to Friday. Lock no but in yes just unfortunately well behind Clemson unless we win a third game vs them which could absolutely happen. Win one and lose in the final we are 100% in.

1-1 and go out in the QFs probably out. 1-1 lose opening round no shot. That last weekend bye probably works in our favor since we can't lose and teams around us can. And we will be fresh and hungry.

or just pretend the NET doesnt exist? how about that?
I am not advocating it for Cuse just saying I am rooting for neutral games to have poor sportsmanship and fist fights when teams are jacking threes up 12 with a minute left and intentional fouling. Then they can change the formulas.

So are we a lock for the NIT tournament (not that I don't want the big dance)? Or do we need to win more games to be assured of an NIT bid?

there are not 64 better rosters in the country, even with all the absences/etc...not even close.

Maybe before we lost Mcleod, Williams, Westry and Hima it was a tourney roster. But you don't lose 1/3 of your roster, after a barely 500 season the year before, and say "it's tourney or bust." That's borderline delusional. We're sitting at 19 wins right now. Before the season I don't think anyone would have considered that a bust. I still think if we win our last 2 and win a game in the ACCT we make the dance.

not even close. If we beat Louisville / lose at Clemson and win two ACCT teams that’s plenty. That would be two more Q1 wins. If we make it to the final ACCT game might as well win it tho

This team has improved more than any team in recent memory. Just 3 and a half weeks ago we lost by 29 to Wake and It looked like we might totally collapse. It’s really too bad for the Georgia Tech debacle because we would be on a 5 game winning streak. The coaching staff has done a great job this year and I expect next year they will be even better.

Last edited:
not even close. If we beat Louisville / lose at Clemson and win two ACCT teams that’s plenty. That would be two more Q1 wins. If we make it to the final ACCT game might as well win it tho

No way thats plenty. Our NET is bad, we really need that clemson game to move the needle. Without it i think we’ll need to win acct. And obviously cant lose to louisville.

Nope. Read the OP. Here's the first line.

"Barring a miracle in the next 3 weeks, Red’s season 1 is looking like a bust, or at least underperformed against fans’ expectations."

He did not specifically say making the tournament was the criteria for this year. In the next paragraph he said next year he thinks it is. Most fans in this thread have expressed their expectations were not necessarily making the tournament this year. I think he gets until year 3. Many others have expressed the same.

This year isn't a bust for me for reasons I mentioned in other posts. Next year I want to see a team that is more physical, consistently competes better against the top level competition on the schedule with none of the mid or end of game droughts that have led to blowouts, and is at least in bubble conversations. If we can't get in the tournament by year 3 and be in the top 25 by year 4 or 5 I'll want a change.
I’m the OP. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. LMAO

No way thats plenty. Our NET is bad, we really need that clemson game to move the needle. Without it i think we’ll need to win acct. And obviously cant lose to louisville.
We are up to 77 in KP. Have to assume our NET will be similar. Pull for Clemson to win the rest of their games besides us and beat them we can talk tournament.

It’s going to be a very tough game to win down there. In their last 12 games they are 8-4 with 3 one point losses and another 3 point OT loss.

We don’t start a player over 6-8. I’m glad you’re not in charge of roster construction.

Red’s done a great job this year as much as it pains a few to admit it.

How you get two more Q1?
The first game in ACCT would be Q2 at best

Not to nit pick, but ten years ago we were enjoying Tyler Ennis' freshman year and being AP #1 for a good chunk of the year.
And the Andrew white/ John Gillon year was a far better team

And the Andrew white/ John Gillon year was a far better team
OK. The original post about 10 years ago didn't warrant a response but since more than one person didn't get it: "This decade" is the 2020's.

This team has the best record of any SU team in the last five years against a fairly difficult schedule. Complain about the roster if you like but if you expected more than 19 wins, you were kidding yourself.

This has been a fun thread. Lots of opinions and H0T Takes all over the board.

I’m glad the team is fighting to the end. Hopefully they are able to pull off the miracle I originally referenced and find a way to make the tournament.

Red’s doing a good job with the hand he has been dealt. I would love to see the team find a way to pull off 3 more wins. I think that would get us in to the dance. There’s still a glimmer of hope left in this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom