Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Louisville.

Louisville is much more talented than their record.

Need to beat them in the finale. Won't be easy on the road.

Get that win, and while the NCAA still seems unlikely, at least we'd have a puncher's chance.

They look like they’ve given up the fight- will be curious if they even try on the road vs Duke tonight. Come out strong as others have said and they will fold.

How you get two more Q1?
The first game in ACCT would be Q2 at best
Neutral court games are top 50 net. Opening game you’re right it would be Q2 but next game would be Q1 for sure unless major upsets. Prob the better path for us is major upsets anyway.

22 wins is the magic number (21 to NCAA). Need 3 more wins.
Whats funny is that they don’t count Chaminade in Hawaii but they’re like wow Iowa State you beat Lindenwold at home 47-102, that’s just really great efficiency. Here’s +5 in the net for you.

Sorry Cuse yours doesn’t count. Hopefully the committtee sees the stupidity.

They look like they’ve given up the fight- will be curious if they even try on the road vs Duke tonight. Come out strong as others have said and they will fold.
Exactly this. You could really see the ND young guys still fighting last night playing wake. Will have to see what they do at Duke. Some of the bottom teams are still fighting and others aren’t.

I’m the OP. Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. LMAO
My bad. I didn't pay attention to who wrote both posts. However, what I said was accurate. You didn't specifically mention the tournament in your first line, and you inaccurately assumed a lot of the fans expected to make the tourney this year. Most that have responded in this thread don't consider this season a bust and that before a nice win last night.

This has been a fun thread. Lots of opinions and H0T Takes all over the board.

I’m glad the team is fighting to the end. Hopefully they are able to pull off the miracle I originally referenced and find a way to make the tournament.

Red’s doing a good job with the hand he has been dealt. I would love to see the team find a way to pull off 3 more wins. I think that would get us in to the dance. There’s still a glimmer of hope left in this season.
What's the point? The season's already been declared a bust.

I’m glad the team is fighting to the end. Hopefully they are able to pull off the miracle I originally referenced and find a way to make the tournament.

Red’s doing a good job with the hand he has been dealt. I would love to see the team find a way to pull off 3 more wins. I think that would get us in to the dance. There’s still a glimmer of hope left in this season.
Commendable you have continued watching after declaring the season over (for NCAA Tournament purposes) on Feb. 17th. Hope you’ll enlighten us again on Saturday at 10:01 p.m. for another grand proclamation on the season before it’s over.

lol

The thing that is going to hurt syracuse most is that the other teams on bubble all only have 1 Q3 loss. That GT game really hurts

I hate Louisville.

Louisville is much more talented than their record.

Need to beat them in the finale. Won't be easy on the road.

Get that win, and while the NCAA still seems unlikely, at least we'd have a puncher's chance.
The @Lousivlle game is the definition of a trap game.
They have some talent. It has not been well coached, admittedly.
We barely beat them at home.
This is an 8pm game. Long day.
UL's record is not good, but note that (by the time we play them) only 7 of their 17 ACC games will have been at home. Point is, there are a bit better than their crappy 3-14 conference mark.
Most of the players attention will be on the upcoming game at Clemson.
Its A Trap GIF

Hope you're right -- would LOVE to see those goofs quit, or go through the motions when we play them.

I just don't take anything for granted with our team, given the inconsistency.

See the parenthesis…
So there are folks who think if we win 3 more games that we would have a legit shot at the tournament? I just don’t see how you go from not even being one of the last 15 or so out of the tourney to being in by winning 3 games. Hope I’m wrong but the only path I see is winning the ACC championship.

Hope you're right -- would LOVE to see those goofs quit, or go through the motions when we play them.

I just don't take anything for granted with our team, given the inconsistency.

Yeah which is why I’m curious to see what they throw at Duke. They mailed it in their last home game vs ND.

A lot of coaches would kill to have two 5 stars starting for them and a bunch of top 100 guys to fill out the roster and Payne has them back in the tar pits of the league. Such a waste.

My bad. I didn't pay attention to who wrote both posts. However, what I said was accurate. You didn't specifically mention the tournament in your first line, and you inaccurately assumed a lot of the fans expected to make the tourney this year. Most that have responded in this thread don't consider this season a bust and that before a nice win last night.
You are hysterical.

FWIW, if you go back and look at the Iggy preseason predictions you find that roughly 80% of the fans on this board predicted a NCAA tournament appearance.

But I do appreciate your attempt at explaining to me what my original post meant. I find that completely hysterical and one of the all time greatest responses I’ve ever received on this board. It’s almost award worthy.

The @Lousivlle game is the definition of a trap game.
They have some talent. It has not been well coached, admittedly.
We barely beat them at home.
This is an 8pm game. Long day.
UL's record is not good, but note that (by the time we play them) only 7 of their 17 ACC games will have been at home. Point is, there are a bit better than their crappy 3-14 conference mark.
Most of the players attention will be on the upcoming game at Clemson.
Its A Trap GIF
Yea it's a trap. Everyone should watch them tonight at Duke and see if they put up a fight. Some teams are closing up shop down the stretch and others like ND and Ga Tech are fighting.

You are hysterical.

FWIW, if you go back and look at the Iggy preseason predictions you find that roughly 80% of the fans on this board predicted a NCAA tournament appearance.

But I do appreciate your attempt at explaining to me what my original post meant. I find that completely hysterical and one of the all time greatest responses I’ve ever received on this board. It’s almost award worthy.

Those fans expected Benny to be improved, Westry to play this season, McLeod to be healthy, Judah to have improved his shooting and JJ to be better the first half of the season too. I think that is the number one point in this entire thread is that no one would predict the tourney if the aforementioned was known- likely everyone would be saying a winning record was a longshot.

You are hysterical.

Just went back and looked at them (including my genius prediction of 21-10)

YOURS was 22-9. We could be 1 game off of your prediction. Seems close to your expectations imo

Also, looking back at those predictions...a ton have Benny included...so yeah, a lot of folks expected him to be part of the winning equation. I think, honestly, we're right on schedule wins wise, just the ACC isnt as good as we hoped so our wins haven't been weighted accordingly.

Last edited:
So there are folks who think if we win 3 more games that we would have a legit shot at the tournament? I just don’t see how you go from not even being one of the last 15 or so out of the tourney to being in by winning 3 games. Hope I’m wrong but the only path I see is winning the ACC championship.
Where do you see that we are not in the top 15 or so? Lunardi? No one knows except the guys that do know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom