Report: McDonald to WolfPack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Report: McDonald to WolfPack

If McDonald poaches from our class then I don't care about Scott Shafer-David Doeren relationship as Doeren would clearly be saying "sorry Scott all is fair in love and war." Scott Shafer should be coaching for his job in 2015 and this class is supposed to be a depth class.

So if Daoust goes to Pitt we will be losing two of our top 3 recruiters. Please give Bobby Acosta a raise as he will be our best recruiter on the staff.

We all knew McDonald was likely gone, but I don't think anybody thought he would go to a school like NC State and that he would leave before NSD. Coaches who are under contract unless they are moving the ladder don't typically leave right before NSD just to be fair to the current employers and their recruiting classes.

So if Daoust goes to Pitt we will be losing two of our top 3 recruiters. Please give Bobby Acosta a raise as he will be our best recruiter on the staff.

We all knew McDonald was likely gone, but I don't think anybody thought he would go to a school like NC State and that he would leave before NSD. Coaches who are under contract unless they are moving the ladder don't typically leave right before NSD just to be fair to the current employers and their recruiting classes.

It reeks of an emotional decision. And as Millhouse and JoeSU put it, there's a fair chance that he put himself in a situation where there wasn't a better opportunity out there. He's going to a conference opponent, that by and large many on this forum would consider our lesser.

While I agree on the surface...coaches at Private schools (STA) often piss off public HS coaches in their area. They need to vet to see if Casullo is respected by opposing coaches in Dade/Broward Counties.

Wouldn't the same apply to NJ for example.

It might have been his only option. We'll probably never know the back story.

We all knew this when he was demoted. It is too bad that he is going to the ACC but it is what it is. Scott needs to take this as an opportunity to hire the very best recruiter that he can find. Someone with great connections in south florida that will bring it. Im not sure if RC is the correct hire or not but we need to hit a home run with this hire.

It reeks of an emotional decision. And as Millhouse and JoeSU put it, there's a fair chance that he put himself in a situation where there wasn't a better opportunity out there. He's going to a conference opponent, that by and large many on this forum would consider our lesser.
NC State isn't lesser they are on our level. It is a lateral move its just him leaving right before NSD is what is messed up and if he is doing this to spite Shafer/SU that is on Scott Shafer as he was his subordinate and should have more respect for his employer and common courtesy.

I disagree. If you don't think that all these coaches move and make this announcements before NSD then you don't pay to much attention to the coaching carousel that is going on right now.

McDonald is just a year ahead of the other assistants in looking for a new job.

A true lateral move. I wonder if they matched is Asst/Assoc HC bonus as a position coach.

I disagree. If you don't think that all these coaches move and make this announcements before NSD then you don't pay to much attention to the coaching carousel that is going on right now.
During the actual coaching carousel season I would agree with you, but now I don't think there are any HC openings left. We all knew McDonald was leaving, but I assumed he was fulfilling his contract with SU and was waiting till after NSD to maintain the recruiting class we have.

Also unrelated is Eric While going to go to NC State as well?

NC State isn't lesser they are on our level. It is a lateral move its just him leaving right before NSD is what is messed up and if he is doing this to spite Shafer/SU that is on Scott Shafer as he was his subordinate and should have more respect for his employer and common courtesy.

On our level right now maybe.

It may be messed up, so was the way he cried like a baby to every media outlet that would listen when the demotion occured. He showed his lack of respect and common courtesy then.

This hire has got to be about recruiting only imho. Frisman Jackson from what I had seen and heard/read was doing a good job with the receivers there.

I don't get why anyone would be even a little bit surprised to see him leave before national signing day. His ONLY value is in recruiting so he obviously needs to nail down a job when those services are still in play and have some immediate value. It's what he did when he came here and it seems that has been his MO in past moves as well.

I wish him luck in managing to remove the mt Everest sized chip from his shoulder.

Dnyr85 said:
This hire has got to be about recruiting only imho. Frisman Jackson from what I had seen and heard/read was doing a good job with the receivers there.

He was hired at SU for recruiting purposes.

Shafer tried to appease him and keep him here longer than he might have by making him the OC, but it backfired.

@ThayerEvansSI
Syracuse WRs coach George McDonald has accepted the same position at North Carolina State per source.
This will be a great experiment with good controls. Let's see how well he recruits at NC State - that will be a good measure of our program and its current perception, and quite possibly a wake-up call for some on this forum.

The PS guys are all over it. They taste blood in the water.

stuff like this:

@MinkNate
Was told Andrew Spence, CB from Florida, probably not impacted by McDonald leaving. But, I mean, it's not like any papers have been signed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom