Rest of Non Conference (What's our record) going into ACC Play ? | Syracusefan.com

Rest of Non Conference (What's our record) going into ACC Play ?

CuseHulk

Starter
3-1 now. Marquee games @ Michigan, @ Villanova, Home ST.Johns

Other 6 ho hum typical non conference slate (though Louisiana Tech could be tough out)

I'll say 10-3 (Would be fair guess)

11-2 at worst IMO. I think we get either the Mich or Nova game as long as we continue to improve possibly both if Kaleb improves quickly and "My Three Sons" play good enough defense to earn enough minutes to make offensive contributions. I still feel the ceiling for this group is very high although obviously seeing how low the floor could be Thursday was rough. I'll don the Orange glasses and shade my eyes from the Orange glow of the ceiling for now.

I think the St. Johns game could be tough. They really want to beat us. I think they smell blood in the water. We're good, but not the Top 10 juggernaut we have been.

I think we'll be up for Villanova and Michigan. I think we can win both. I don't anticipate issues with the other games.

But hey, I think we'll win every game we play.

I think the St. Johns game could be tough. They really want to beat us. I think they smell blood in the water. We're good, but not the Top 10 juggernaut we have been.

I think we'll be up for Villanova and Michigan. I think we can win both. I don't anticipate issues with the other games.

But hey, I think we'll win every game we play.

Same with me, Think we'll win every game we play.

On Paper Michigan does not scare me (They lost a lot, Stauskas, McGary, and Robinson III) although with our team at this point that Road Environment (I don't know, will be be ready for that) ?

I think we take care of ST.Johns being its at home in the dome.

Villanova, who knows. they basically have their whole team back from last year.

Nova will roll SU, it won't be pretty kids. JW is auditioning for JB's job.

The Orange may squeak out the Johnies, but Michigan is a tough go.

1 win tops, maybe 0.

Orange roll the rest.

will the Vill team that struggled with lehigh and bucknell show up or the one that makes 12 3's against our zone?

will the Vill team that struggled with lehigh and bucknell show up or the one that makes 12 3's against our zone?
Yes, I made the comment yesterday that neither Michigan or Villanova scare me. If Cuse plays smart (like Rak staying out of foul trouble) no reason the team can go into the conference slate with only the one loss. Then we start off with two straight on the road so anything can happen at that point.

Last edited:
Nova will prob beat us bad, I think we will keep it close against mich and prob lose late, and it won't be pretty but we will get by st johns. I will say 10-3.

I'll say 9-4

Losses to California, Holly Cross, Michigan and Villanova

I think SU wins squeakers over LA Tech and St. John's

Loyola, Colgate, Cornell and LB State don't have the athletes to beat SU

I'll say 9-4

Losses to California, Holly Cross, Michigan and Villanova

I think SU wins squeakers over LA Tech and St. John's

Loyola, Colgate, Cornell and LB State don't have the athletes to beat SU

Holy Cross ? Are you kidding me.

I know they beat Harvard, but still. Don't see it.

Holy Cross ? Are you kidding me.

I know they beat Harvard, but still. Don't see it.

Classic trap game (day after Thanksgiving, everyone will be looking ahead to Michigan and yes Holy Cross has already beat a ranked team)

Its early in the season and anyone can lose or win. Case in point- ESPN playing up Cal as the next big thing... Then they get rolled the next night. I haven't seen much of Nova, but that will be tough regardless. Toughest game in the OOC probably, another loss. St Johns we take care of rather easily I think. I just don't see the Red Storm winning this. Michigan is a toss up. We aren't bad enough where that is a guaranteed loss to us. But since I have to make a decision, I say we lose.

10-3

FSU got absolutely thrashed by Providence today. The game gave me 2 thoughts:

1) The season's really young. A lot of good teams are going to put up early season stinkers.

2) Ed Cooley's finally put together a really good Providence team. Kris Dunn's the real deal. Maybe we'll sign up for a home-and-home with them eventually. I think they'll be a Top 25 team year after year if Cooley stays. If so, might be worth the effort. I miss our former BE brethren.

No basis for a prediction. Our deviation is too large. Picking stocks, my bread and butter, is easier.
If I had to predict I'd say that our offensive strength is up front; Rak if he stays reasonably clean, and McC. That is St Johns weakness and it is a home game, so I see a win. Nova is a bunch of guards, which makes it a crap shoot. Mich is a bunch of newbies so it is another crap shoot. If we split the crap shoots it means one more loss. Holy Cross might be legit, but it is a home game, and they will be unprepared for the zone, so I'll call it a win. Harvard is better than any team we've played.

Given the game is at Michigan, I don't see the win. I don't see it against Nova either.

Given the game is at Michigan, I don't see the win. I don't see it against Nova either.
I'm shocked how little faith a lot of posters have. The key to this team is Rak staying out of foul trouble. The more that happens the better this team will be. Everything will fall into place. Have faith in JAB.

10-3 in ooc and 9-9 in the league and we are sweating on selection Sunday.

St. John's stinks. They have no interior depth, and their power forward is 6-6.

Villanova beat Bucknell by 7 - Bucknell's not exactly a juggernaut. They'll have two big tests this week in Brooklyn. Going to be a tough game on the road, but don't think Nova's roster is all that great.

Michigan is well coached and will be tough. Especially on the road.

I think we'll go 2-1 in those 3.

I'm shocked how little faith a lot of posters have. The key to this team is Rak staying out of foul trouble. The more that happens the better this team will be. Everything will fall into place. Have faith in JAB.

If I could like this 1000 times. I would.

10-3 in ooc and 9-9 in the league and we are sweating on selection Sunday.
That's exactly what NC State was last year and they got in. They also went 2-1 in the ACC tourney. Clemson went 10-8 in the regular season and did not get in. You just never know.

Nova will roll SU, it won't be pretty kids. JW is auditioning for JB's job.

The Orange may squeak out the Johnies, but Michigan is a tough go.

1 win tops, maybe 0.

Orange roll the rest.
nova struggled with two patriot league schools- LEHIGH and Bucknell. I don't think they will roll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom