Rest of Non Conference (What's our record) going into ACC Play ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rest of Non Conference (What's our record) going into ACC Play ?

will the Vill team that struggled with lehigh and bucknell show up or the one that makes 12 3's against our zone?
sorry, didn't scroll down a bit more and see you posted this already

10-3 in ooc and 9-9 in the league and we are sweating on selection Sunday.

Depends on how many good victories are in those 19 wins. If we lose every game against Duke, UNC, UL, UVa, Pitt and ND we might be sweating it.

Cheers,
Neil

10-3. At Nova is always a tough game, and they've seemed to have our number down there for awhile. I really have a hard time seeing this team beating many good teams on the road like at Michigan. We don't have the poise or guard play, unless Joseph makes huge strides in a very short time.

Depends on how many good victories are in those 19 wins. If we lose every game against Duke, UNC, UL, UVa, Pitt and ND we might be sweating it.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed, and that's not good because it seems like we basically have to be WAY better than LVille and Pitt in order to be able beat them. If it's even, or they're better than us, forget about it. We play at UNC, who should be much better. Duke is loaded and it would be an upset to beat them this year. And UVA has a lot back and plays a style that gives us fits.

I'm not optimistic.

I'm hoping for 11-2: win the games against the little guys, beat St John's, win one of the two games versus Michigan and Nova.

Given the game is at Michigan, I don't see the win. I don't see it against Nova either.

The nice thing about those is that they are true road games. Given the committee's collective stiffies for true road games these are like free rolls for SU. A win is weighted more heavily and a loss doesn't hurt you that much.

The nice thing about those is that they are true road games. Given the committee's collective stiffies for true road games these are like free rolls for SU. A win is weighted more heavily and a loss doesn't hurt you that much.

True OOC Road Games against ranked teams . . . yep a split is a huge win for SU. I'd like to see the next couple games before @ Mich but if we see improvements from Joseph and on D I wouldn't be surprised to see us win out the rest of the OOC and then the beginning of the ACC schedule sets up favorably for a young team to gel and really get its confidence going before 2nd half of ACC which is very difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom