return of the horn! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

return of the horn!

Right? So are you saying we shouldn't use it because Purdue can also use it? What are we arguing about?
I have no idea. I'm saying that no singular school can lay claim to it. Honestly, I don't care who uses it. I prefer it over the bell regardless.

I have no idea. I'm saying that no singular school can lay claim to it. Honestly, I don't care who uses it. I prefer it over the bell regardless.
Oh, sweet, we agree . . . I don't know what to say now that we're not arguing. Any big plans for tomorrow? How 'bout dem Bengals (we're awful).

Literally every away stadium I've been to in the Midwest plays a train whistle...Louisville, Cincinnati, Purdue, etc. It is not original.
It makes sense for Purdue, but Purdue aside, SU might be the only university who does it for a reason other than just it gets people jazzed up.

Purdue are the Engineers, so a train whistle would give them as much if not more of a claim, wouldn't you say?

Purdue Boilermakers, not Engineers.

I do remember being there back when Coach P was circling the drain, and getting a headache from how often I heard the train whistle as we got our doors blown off. That right there justifies our using it to me - as a visiting fan at Purdue, I hated it.

Purdue Boilermakers, not Engineers.

I do remember being there back when Coach P was circling the drain, and getting a headache from how often I heard the train whistle as we got our doors blown off. That right there justifies our using it to me - as a visiting fan at Purdue, I hated it.

I flaked. I was tired. I think I meant they're a big engineering school. Boiler Up.

I like the combo of the bell and the whistle.

The bell is a long standing tradition that was lost and the whistle catches everyone's attention. Like someone said above, just tie it to Ernie as the Elmira Express whistle and be done with it.

Traditions are important and if we have some that exist, cough 44 cough, we should be using them. Everytime I go to a game at the coliseum I'm reminded how to do traditions right. People are so invested in the USC traditions that are alumni or follow that program as casual fans. We need some of that.

I'll live with the bell, but it gives me a headache. Have to mute it out. If people like it, then great. Personally, I despise it. The whistle is great.

The Falcons used the horn all night last night after scores

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom